Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greenwich pub crawl

13»

Comments

• Off_it said:
    Ticked off all the pubs on the list and ended up in the Royal Standard, just down from the Pelton. Very much a local pub for local people. I think they thought we were Old Bill, they were that surprised to see new faces in there.

Plus the Yacht. Absolutely shocking service in there.

Anybody get arrested?
  • Good day though @Off_it  ?
  • Good day though @Off_it  ?
    Brilliant day. 

Cant beat a day off out on the turps.

And we ran the Groove Armada firm too. 
  • My Greenwich pub crawl on a sunny day would be:

Ashburnham arms
    Union
    Richard I
    Gypsy moth
    Trafalgar
    Cutty Sark
    Pelton

Not sure I'd make the Pelton after the first 6 though
  • edited July 2019
    Off_it said:
    Ticked off all the pubs on the list and ended up in the Royal Standard, just down from the Pelton. Very much a local pub for local people. I think they thought we were Old Bill, they were that surprised to see new faces in there.

Plus the Yacht. Absolutely shocking service in there.
    Old Bill? Always been a villains' pub...
    Edit: misread.
  • Off_it said:
    Good day though @Off_it  ?
    Brilliant day. 

Cant beat a day off out on the turps.

And we ran the Groove Armada firm too. 
    Did we? Must have been the in a coma at that point

Ashburnham arms
    Union
    Richard I
    Gypsy moth
    Trafalgar
    Cutty Sark
    Pelton

Ashburnham Arms is a nice pub. I stumbled on it by chance last summer on a residential street quite hidden away. Nice beers and food and nice seating out the front on a sunny day. The back garden area looked pretty busy also but as it was lunch time it was mainly parents with young kids, they had a nice little play area out there for young kids.
    Up the road from that is the Graduate. A very old fashioned maybe outdated boozer. Mainly old men, ex gangsters a lot of them. Will get you anything you need from boxes of saveloys to HD TVs. Across the road is another on the corner but not sure if its techically Greenwich or Lewisham. It seemed like a gay pub  

Ashburnham arms
    Union
    Richard I
    Gypsy moth
    Trafalgar
    Cutty Sark
    Pelton

Ashburnham Arms is a nice pub. I stumbled on it by chance last summer on a residential street quite hidden away. Nice beers and food and nice seating out the front on a sunny day. The back garden area looked pretty busy also but as it was lunch time it was mainly parents with young kids, they had a nice little play area out there for young kids.
    Up the road from that is the Graduate. A very old fashioned maybe outdated boozer. Mainly old men, ex gangsters a lot of them. Will get you anything you need from boxes of saveloys to HD TVs. Across the road is another on the corner but not sure if its techically Greenwich or Lewisham. It seemed like a gay pub  
    George & Dragon. Think it’s technically Lewisham.

Ashburnham arms
    Union
    Richard I
    Gypsy moth
    Trafalgar
    Cutty Sark
    Pelton

Used to go in there occasionally when doing a 'crawl' in the area with mate from Lewisham....my local in Hastings is called The Ashburnham Arms. 
  • I live within 10 mins walk of Ashburnham Arms, and the Union, Richard 1, etc. After my op I am supposed to be exercising my leg muscles (as they need strengthening after my hip op),  looks like I have got a good incentive there reading this thread. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    My Greenwich pub crawl on a sunny day would be:

Ashburnham arms
    Union
    Richard I
    Gypsy moth
    Trafalgar
    Cutty Sark
    Pelton

George & Dragon. Think it’s technically Lewisham.

Is that the pub at the bottom of Blackheath Hill, think that is the gay pub,. near me. 
  • Our Saturday Greenwich pub crawl took us to the Star and Garter; I think the word is "earthy".
  • 1905 said:
    Our Saturday Greenwich pub crawl took us to the Star and Garter; I think the word is "earthy".
    Pleased to hear that it's still open.
  • edited July 2019
    Leuth said:
    The Union may be a little more expensive but it also has a really great selection of beers. I know a boozer isn't a boozer unless the publican is constantly ordering everyone out and the beer is all CAMRA-approved octuple-hopped bitter and IPA (a proper pint!) but I'll take somewhere with decent Belgian sours over that any time
    They remind me too much of Roland and Katrien
  • 1905 said:
    Our Saturday Greenwich pub crawl took us to the Star and Garter; I think the word is "earthy".
    Walked past that as the riverside path was closed. Gave it a miss as wanted to get to the Cutty Sark. 

Been in before and knew we weren’t missing anything.

Ashburnham arms
    Union
    Richard I
    Gypsy moth
    Trafalgar
    Cutty Sark
    Pelton

That'd be Lewisham then.
  • edited July 2019
    1905 said:
    @1905  the year we won the league with Powell, for that final Hartlepool home game a big group of us went Greenwich after and ended the night in a backstreet pub. You got any recollection of what one it was?? Think we were in the Union before ending up there
  • 1905 said:
    @1905  the year we won the league with Powell, for that final Hartlepool home game a big group of us went Greenwich after and ended the night in a backstreet pub. You got any recollection of what one it was?? Think we were in the Union before ending up there
    I reckon the Rose and Crown. I think it’s more your “scene”.