Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Who Concert Wembley

Comments

• Solidgone said:
    I’ve just received a free ticket for tomorrow’s gig. I’m likely to be a bit scwiffy on arrival as I’m celebrating a friend’s birthday in Zedel’s beforehand. 

A few rows behind me, fancy meeting for a beer?

Happy to meet for a beer but unsure what time im getting there due to luncheon at Zedel's. Will you be there for the whole gig or just to see The Who?
    I’ll aim to be there around 6pm? As I’d like to see the Kaiser Chiefs at least. PM your mobile and im give you a shout or I’ll look out for you in your seat. 
  • Have PM’d you, The Kaiser Chiefs are due on at 17:20
  • I’ll try and make 17:20 or a bit earlier on the 5:15.....get in!
  • Just taken my seat... On the pitch. Not sat in the "mosh pit" since seeing Leonard Cohen at the O2. Nailed the demographic there! Fine by me... Looking forward to it
  • Got here in time to catch most of Imelda May’s set, she was really good.
  • Got here in time to catch most of Imelda May’s set, she was really good.
    Agreed, she was very good. Eddie Vedder perfect opportunity to get some food... Wife will be too busy salivating to notice I've slunk off
  • I was 90% sure of getting a corporate box for this so I only bought a cheap (if you can call £95 cheap) ticket as a back up. Naturally, the box didn’t materialise, don’t think I could be further from the stage if I fucking tried!

• My mate was playing bass with the Connor Selby band. 
    Anyone catch them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Zak Starkey still on drums for The Who?
  • Zak Starkey still on drums for The Who?
    Yes mate.

Kaiser Chiefs were superb 
  • KC very good. Mrs likes pearl jam even more than the who... TBF Eddie vedder good so far
  • edited July 2019
    No paid standing ? 
    I've never seen that before at Wembley.
  • Curb_It said:
    Why are concerts so expensive these days?  Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles prices were really bad too i heard. 
    I think since internet streaming, some of which is virtually free, there's not a lot of money in the recordings but there is from gigs.
  • Ferryman said:
    Curb_It said:
    Why are concerts so expensive these days?  Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles prices were really bad too i heard. 
    I think since internet streaming, some of which is virtually free, there's not a lot of money in the recordings but there is from gigs.
    Spot on. I know a guy who works on the merchandising side and that's also why you're paying stupid money for a t-shirt, programme or anything else from the official merchandise stands.

• Would like to see some current photos
  • Riviera said:
    Would like to see some current photos

• Didn't get round to taking many... Very good though. Imagine it wasn't like the gigs of old, but thought the orchestra was excellent. Old Roger is knocking on a but, but in good vouce
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers!
  • It looks rather sedate.
  • Dont like the ground level bit. Looks like a lot of people just milling around. Very odd set up .
  • Where is that stage? Is that where us CAFC fans were or is that where the Sunderland fans were?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Where is that stage? Is that where us CAFC fans were or is that where the Sunderland fans were?
    It was the Charlton end.
  • edited July 2019
    Mate went to Stevie Wonder at Hyde park last night.

Was shocking by all accounts. Nobody could hear him.
    That was £200 a pop!!
  • edited July 2019
    I was at Stevie Wonder last night, sound was ok, but no better than ok where we were, our tickets were £90 but there were 2 stages and 7 acts between 2 & 10, Lionel Richie was very good value and played some funky old Commodores stuff alongside his cheese back catalogue. Stevie Wonder did all his hits and the crowd seemed happy but he did have to pause every 30 mins or so whilst his dj played songs for the crowd to sing, that got pretty annoying tbh. 
  • Mate went to Stevie Wonder at Hyde park last night.

Was shocking by all accounts. Nobody could here him.
    That was £200 a pop!!

He could ‘t see the crowd either.
  • I'm taking the wife to see Barbara Streisand at Hyde Park today.
    If you stand towards the front the sound is always decent there.

If you don't want to get too close, then stand near to the second set of speakers in the middle.
    I agree if you want/need to stand more than 100 metres from the speakers, then of course the sound will drift away in the open air.

I've been to Hyde Park more than 20 times and never had a sound problem.
  • Enjoyed the company of @DaveMehmet and had a few beers. Daltrey was in excellent form and the combo of an orchestra worked especially the finale with Barba O’Reilly.