Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Who Concert Wembley

edited July 3 in General Charlton
as I live in the LB Brent area our local residence association has been given 40 tickets (free tickets) to attend this weekend’s gig. Ive put in my interest and waiting the outcome. But does this mean that the who are struggling to fill gigs?

ive also heard there is a Who cover band “Who are you” playing at the Pelton Arms on 28 Dec. A mate saw them in Eastbourne the weekend and said they were excellent. Has anybody heard/seen of them?
«13

Comments

  • I think they struggled to sell the tickets initially but they soon picked up and don't think there's a lot left now.

    Not seen Who are You but they're supposed to be pretty good, they're also playing at the Dartford Festival on July 13th.

    Looking forward to Saturday

  • I'll be there. Should be a good night
  • McBobbin said:
    I'll be there. Should be a good night
    The Four Tops?
  • If anyone fancies 2 really good seats at the event, I can't make it now so my seats, Block 124 row 26 are on Viagogo at face value £155 each 
  • Saw an advert...can't recall where about a Jam cover band (not From The Jam) playing at the Pelton Arms....as well as The Blackmarket down here in Hastings.
  • £155 for a ticket to see an aging rock band who have lost 2 of their original members  !!!!  I say this as a Who fan & lucky to see them at Wembley Arena in early 2000's when they had Joe Strummer as support. No idea what I paid then but I don't think it would have been more than around £40.
  • £155 is absolutely bonkers. I saw them at the o2 a few years ago. I had decent seats and was half that price.
  • £155 for a ticket to see an aging rock band who have lost 2 of their original members  !!!!  I say this as a Who fan & lucky to see them at Wembley Arena in early 2000's when they had Joe Strummer as support. No idea what I paid then but I don't think it would have been more than around £40.
    Agree, the prices are a bit of a piss take. I suppose they can argue there’s a decent supporting line up (Kaiser Chiefs, Eddie Vedder, Imelda May) but not a surprise it hasn’t sold out.

    i was at the Wembley arena gigs too and don’t think it was anywhere near £40 (will check tonight)
  • Why are concerts so expensive these days?  Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles prices were really bad too i heard. 
  • Saw them in Hyde Park in 96 with Alanis Morissette, Dylan and Clapton - tickets were about £30. Then again in Hyde Park a few years ago with Johnny Marr, Kasabian, and Paul Weller as support - about £50 a ticket.

    £155 is taking the piss - but even though a depleted line-up it’s still Daltrey and Townsend. Would I have gone if I was in the country? Probably.

    I’m back next week and Dylan and Young on Friday is something I’m looking forward to greatly - no idea of the ticket price as was bought by the boys as a present. 


  • Sponsored links:


  • Curb_It said:
    Why are concerts so expensive these days?  Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles prices were really bad too i heard. 

    The prices for big acts are a joke B. For a lot of these type bands, it'll probably be the last time fans will get to see them before they pack up so am guessing the promotors realise this and push the prices up accordingly.
  • I missed out on the freebies...drat and double drat. 
  • Westlife are coming to Shanghai and the tickets are priced at ¥399-¥1299 (£46-£150). Expensive? Absolutely*. But all 7000 or 8000 tickets were sold within a few minutes! And that's the usual price range for concerts here in China. Plus if the performers are very popular you won't be able to get tickets at face value.

    So considering the economy, concerts in the UK are much cheaper than those in China.😂

    *Shanghai's GDP per capita is roughly £15k.

  • When I saw The Who at Wembley a few years ago, the tickets were only £5.  They had a lot of support groups, some of which were pretty famous: Elton John, David Bowie, Queen, Dire Straits, U2, Paul Young, Bryan Ferry, Howard Jones, Sting, Phil Collins, Sade, Nik Kershaw, Elvis Costello, Spandau Ballet, Ultravox, Adam Ant, The Boomtown Rats, The Style Council, Status Quo and, to kick it all off, the Coldstream Guards.  It was a great day. Even Charles and Di were there - I didn't know they were big fans of The Who. 
  • Chizz said:
    When I saw The Who at Wembley a few years ago, the tickets were only £5.  They had a lot of support groups, some of which were pretty famous: Elton John, David Bowie, Queen, Dire Straits, U2, Paul Young, Bryan Ferry, Howard Jones, Sting, Phil Collins, Sade, Nik Kershaw, Elvis Costello, Spandau Ballet, Ultravox, Adam Ant, The Boomtown Rats, The Style Council, Status Quo and, to kick it all off, the Coldstream Guards.  It was a great day. Even Charles and Di were there - I didn't know they were big fans of The Who. 

    You got ripped off mate. The had the same line up when I went but also Paul MCartney.
  • Chizz said:
    When I saw The Who at Wembley a few years ago, the tickets were only £5.  They had a lot of support groups, some of which were pretty famous: Elton John, David Bowie, Queen, Dire Straits, U2, Paul Young, Bryan Ferry, Howard Jones, Sting, Phil Collins, Sade, Nik Kershaw, Elvis Costello, Spandau Ballet, Ultravox, Adam Ant, The Boomtown Rats, The Style Council, Status Quo and, to kick it all off, the Coldstream Guards.  It was a great day. Even Charles and Di were there - I didn't know they were big fans of The Who. 

    You got ripped off mate. The had the same line up when I went but also Paul MCartney.
    Ripped off?  No, quite the opposite - he was there, but I couldn't hear him as his mic wasn't working.  And they didn't charge any extra for that. 
  • Curb_It said:
    Why are concerts so expensive these days?  Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles prices were really bad too i heard. 
    In the old days the artist made their money from album sales and the concerts were cheap way to promote their goods. 

    Now, they make more money from the tour
    than the albums sales. 
  • My brother has a spare ticket if anyone wants it.
  • bobmunro said:
    Saw them in Hyde Park in 96 with Alanis Morissette, Dylan and Clapton - tickets were about £30. Then again in Hyde Park a few years ago with Johnny Marr, Kasabian, and Paul Weller as support - about £50 a ticket.




    The Hyde Park gig was excellent, was at front watching Sleaford Mods, great night.

    The support for the Wembley gig is very poor. Kaiser Chiefs.....
  • Glad I mentioned it 
  • Sponsored links:


  • Just looked on stub hub and tickets for the Wembley gig on Saturday are selling below face value...
  • bobmunro said:
    Saw them in Hyde Park in 96 with Alanis Morissette, Dylan and Clapton - tickets were about £30. Then again in Hyde Park a few years ago with Johnny Marr, Kasabian, and Paul Weller as support - about £50 a ticket.

    £155 is taking the piss - but even though a depleted line-up it’s still Daltrey and Townsend. Would I have gone if I was in the country? Probably.

    I’m back next week and Dylan and Young on Friday is something I’m looking forward to greatly - no idea of the ticket price as was bought by the boys as a present. 


    I was at the Hyde Park gig in 96, my sister had got tickets from her flat mate who worked for the promotors. She’d told us a time to meet by the mixing desk and she’d take us backstage to meet the performers. We got there late and missed it, I was gutted. Great gig though.

    Was also there a few years ago but it was the Kaiser Chiefs, not Kasabian who were supporting. Nightmare trying to get a drink, gave up in the end.
  • OK, Pop pickers I've just dropped the price from £154 to £89 each on Viagogo - someone should go in there and just gobble up that bargain - remember where you heard it first 
    I've probably got an old Charlton shirt I can send you in the post just to sweeten the deal , Remember Block 124 , Row 26 
  • bobmunro said:
    Saw them in Hyde Park in 96 with Alanis Morissette, Dylan and Clapton - tickets were about £30. Then again in Hyde Park a few years ago with Johnny Marr, Kasabian, and Paul Weller as support - about £50 a ticket.

    £155 is taking the piss - but even though a depleted line-up it’s still Daltrey and Townsend. Would I have gone if I was in the country? Probably.

    I’m back next week and Dylan and Young on Friday is something I’m looking forward to greatly - no idea of the ticket price as was bought by the boys as a present. 


    I was at the Hyde Park gig in 96, my sister had got tickets from her flat mate who worked for the promotors. She’d told us a time to meet by the mixing desk and she’d take us backstage to meet the performers. We got there late and missed it, I was gutted. Great gig though.

    Was also there a few years ago but it was the Kaiser Chiefs, not Kasabian who were supporting. Nightmare trying to get a drink, gave up in the end.
    Yes of course it was the Kaiser Chiefs - somewhat out of place in a mod concert!

    We were right at the back near two very long bars so not too bad on the drinks front.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Curb_It said:
    Why are concerts so expensive these days?  Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles prices were really bad too i heard. 
    In the old days the artist made their money from album sales and the concerts were cheap way to promote their goods. 

    Now, they make more money from the tour
    than the albums sales. 
    Very true. I just extracted myself from an ill thought out start-up record label. Our one "seasoned" artist achieved over 10,000 streaming hits for his album and the label got 91 quid total, out of which we paid the artist £87. It was at this point I thought "this ain't gonna work"... 

    The music business sucks at the moment because people will pay large sums to see bands like The Who, but won't bother to turn up to their local music venue and pay a tenner to see some new original music. One issue is that it's more about putting a selfie on social media showing you were there, than it is about being into the music and listening to it. There's no kudos in a selfie taken at the Dog and Duck with a local band.
  • edited July 5
    I know what you mean @Saga Lout - I am now preferring cover bands than the real artists. 
  • Saga Lout said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Curb_It said:
    Why are concerts so expensive these days?  Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles prices were really bad too i heard. 
    In the old days the artist made their money from album sales and the concerts were cheap way to promote their goods. 

    Now, they make more money from the tour
    than the albums sales. 
    Very true. I just extracted myself from an ill thought out start-up record label. Our one "seasoned" artist achieved over 10,000 streaming hits for his album and the label got 91 quid total, out of which we paid the artist £87. It was at this point I thought "this ain't gonna work"... 

    The music business sucks at the moment because people will pay large sums to see bands like The Who, but won't bother to turn up to their local music venue and pay a tenner to see some new original music. One issue is that it's more about putting a selfie on social media showing you were there, than it is about being into the music and listening to it. There's no kudos in a selfie taken at the Dog and Duck with a local band.
    Unless you can get a great picture, with really good lighting, and some clever filters, showing everyone, without having to crop anything and you get yourself, the band, the dog and the duck all in focus.  
  • I’ve just received a free ticket for tomorrow’s gig. I’m likely to be a bit scwiffy on arrival as I’m celebrating a friend’s birthday in Zedel’s beforehand. 

  • Solidgone said:
    I’ve just received a free ticket for tomorrow’s gig. I’m likely to be a bit scwiffy on arrival as I’m celebrating a friend’s birthday in Zedel’s beforehand. 

    A few rows behind me, fancy meeting for a beer?


  • Solidgone said:
    I’ve just received a free ticket for tomorrow’s gig. I’m likely to be a bit scwiffy on arrival as I’m celebrating a friend’s birthday in Zedel’s beforehand. 

    The reason it's free is probably because you have to find an under 14 year old to go with you, apparently. 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!