Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - 15th July 2019

2»

Comments

• Birch left the club in March, Zemura left at Christmas. U23s out in Spain are Brendan Sarpong-Wireu and Alfie Doughty.
    What about Taylor Maloney. Was on the fringe of a few squads last year. Surely we have taken him to Spain?
  • Midfield looking very bare - of the 3 positions behind the number 10 (aneke) you would say that only JFC looks good enough to be starting in the championship and even he has been out for a season! Lots of work to do in the next few weeks. Keeping Taylor will always give us a chance of staying up though.
  • So, Naby is the only player left from the network days. 

After Polish Pete, Thuram, Koc and Nego, Naby was the next in line in the ‘crocks of shite’ that were brought into the club, with fans lamenting the fact he was given such a long contract.

Yet here he is. The last man standing. A cult hero who seemingly made the CB position his own last season.

Whether or not he will be able to cut it in the Championship next season remains to be seen, but if you had told me a few years ago that he would be the only one left from the network days and an important first team player I would have laughed my head off.
  • Last one left though he signed in the summer of 2015, a year after Igor, JBG etc and same year as Bauer.

Even a year ago not many would have seen him keeping his place after covering for Pearce.
  • It's funny how the term "network signing" has changed from the fact it was a player from inside the network.   Its now a catch all for any crap player we have signed over the last 5 years.  
  • Ross said:
    So, Naby is the only player left from the network days. 

After Polish Pete, Thuram, Koc and Nego, Naby was the next in line in the ‘crocks of shite’ that were brought into the club, with fans lamenting the fact he was given such a long contract.

Yet here he is. The last man standing. A cult hero who seemingly made the CB position his own last season.

Whether or not he will be able to cut it in the Championship next season remains to be seen, but if you had told me a few years ago that he would be the only one left from the network days and an important first team player I would have laughed my head off.
    I would have assumed we were in League 2!
  • Ross said:
    So, Naby is the only player left from the network days. 

The fact that he’s on a wedge is the reason he’s still there.  I am shocked how well he played in the second half of the season , although he was dire in the last two games.  If he’s excellent in the championship , i’ll be delighted.  
  • Anyone know where Birch and Zemura went? 
  • Anyone know where Birch and Zemura went? 
    Zemura signed for Bournemouth (see tweet on page 1). Not sure about Birch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Anyone know where Birch and Zemura went? 
    Zemura signed for Bournemouth (see tweet on page 1). Not sure about Birch.
    Not seen anything official about whether Zemura has actually signed for them, as at the time he was having a trial at Bournemouth which suggests we released him rather than them "pinching" him from us
  • edited July 2019
  • Pearce now signed up until 2021.
  • Amos now signed on permanent 
  • Nice that we're off the "bottom" now. The detailed spreadsheet is well worth a gander, interesting to see the minutes played by each individual

Taylor is the highest at 3928, then Solly 3511, Bauer 3366 and Aribo 3351. I was surprised that Grant (2505) had more minutes than Pearce (2409) despite leaving in January

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18rKtS-EJdrF0eeMTMcuDGgehC7QFalttlxq6vOt1BvY/edit#gid=0