Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Purrington - signed for Ross County (p23)

Comments

• Options
    "Done Deal" huh..... are they having a pop at Airman?
  • Options
    Chuffed with that signing,well done Ben,welcome home Wembley hero...👏👏
  • Options
    "Done Deal" huh..... are they having a pop at Airman?
    I think they’ve said done deal with every signing since then.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I think we were more solid the minute he came into the side, but that had to be judged overall rather than focus on specific moments in his game. But we were more solid and that is either a coincidence or down to him. I think those that were watching him too closely started to figure it out as the season progressed. He also got better of course and improved massively going forwards. That run for the goal at Wembley was a repeat of similar in a previous game when it was an own goal and you could see that potentially happening a few times previously. Things were coming together.

Very happy to have him signed up.
  • Options
    Brilliant signing ! Great to see Ben back 
  • Options
    any idea what the fee is?
  • Options
    In Region £94k
  • Options
    Solid steady Eddie! Scored a great team goal at Wembley. Think he will improve with a coach who believe in him
  • Options
    Best signing of the window. Other than Bowyer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally agree with Napa. We all know he is an improving player who wants to play for us. All big pluses. However, what's more important to me is that he has a symbolic quality. He was a big part of the team that gave us one of the best Charlton experiences ever.  I liked the comment about 'getting the band back together.' Ben is our talisman. Our good luck charm for the Championship.
  • Options
    Seriously good signing this, young and improving. Very happy to see him back with us.... got to love Naby too.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That'll do for the YouTube tribute 

https://youtu.be/ZPWso3azm80
    Great commentary Arrribo, Taylorrr all those r’
  • Options
    Naby was brilliant last season but he turns like a tanker. He is one of my biggest fears for this season.
  • Options
    What a goal that was
  • Options
    great news - welcome back Ben
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Pleased with this. Think Bowyer and Gallen doing a good job despite the owner
    This with bells on
  • Options
    Good signing. As with others, am pleased with this. Not only ensures with have good cover between Page and him for left back but provides options off the bench. I remember in the premier league years that Curbs would sometimes bring Konchesky off the bench to play on the left side of midfield in front of Powell. I could see Page occasionally playing in front of Purlingto if things needed to be changed around during a game either because of an injury or tactically.

Will be interesting to see who gets the nod for the first game. A bit of healthy competition can only be good.
  • Options
    Happy with that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its just midfield thats the real worry at the moment!
  • Options
    That'll do for the YouTube tribute 

https://youtu.be/ZPWso3azm80
    Shivers.
  • Options
    Highly confident that we will have at least 2 premier league midfielders on loan by 8 August so i'm not at all worried at this stage.
  • Options
    Highly confident that we will have at least 2 premier league midfielders on loan by 8 August so i'm not at all worried at this stage.
    Agreed. If we get 5 loanees in, that's a significant chunk of our squad that will be arriving when the PL sides start finalising their squad plans for the season
  • Options
    Loanees will be a defender, 2 midfielders and a striker, the 5th loanee will be dependent on if we sign a keeper on a free or not
  • Options
    This is a confusing transfer, as much as I like BP and am glad we have signed him. 

I think if you take the total value of the deal, including transfer fee it probably is about the same value as the contract that was offered to BFG. But if the budget is as small as suggested it could be a lot of eggs in one basket. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This is a confusing transfer, as much as I like BP and am glad we have signed him. 

I think if you take the total value of the deal, including transfer fee it probably is about the same value as the contract that was offered to BFG. But if the budget is as small as suggested it could be a lot of eggs in one basket. 

Nobody outside the club knows what our budget actually is though. Bowyer wouldn't splurge all his money on a left back!
  • Options
    Unless it’s dollars not euros
  • Options
    Naby was brilliant last season but he turns like a tanker. He is one of my biggest fears for this season.
    Agreed Naby was brilliant until the last two games.
    I'm not sure when you are last man against Derby you can attempt the Cruyff turn !
    In League 1 against say Scunthorpe and a random forward, say Novak it's magic.
    In the Champ it could be tragic.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Nobody outside the club knows what our budget actually is though. Bowyer wouldn't splurge all his money on a left back!
    That's what I ment, it was gospel last week 🙄