Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Foxes

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:We feed the foxes that come into our garden and they’re bold as brass now. 

Paulie - a Fox that’s out in the day, particularly one that doesn’t avoid human interaction, is probably unwell - mange most likely.

don't know if you're aware of the national fox welfare society - understand they can send out some stuff to put on food you leave out for foxies that's supposed to help with mange.
  • Options
    se9addick said:We feed the foxes that come into our garden and they’re bold as brass now. 

Paulie - a Fox that’s out in the day, particularly one that doesn’t avoid human interaction, is probably unwell - mange most likely.

don't know if you're aware of the national fox welfare society - understand they can send out some stuff to put on food you leave out for foxies that's supposed to help with mange.
    Yep, been donating to them for quite a while (just a few quid a month, I’m not like the patron for foxes everywhere!). You have to put the medicine in jam sandwiches - like crack for foxes!
  • Options
    So I just saw a fox walking through Charlton by the station and it has started a debate.

IMO Foxes are evolving to realize that we are not a threat to them, 10 years ago if a fox saw a person it would run in the other direction but thats changing.

I feel that foxes will evolve to the point they realize that we are more scared of them than they are of us, and again IMO in 10-20 years foxes could evolve to like lions and tigers.

My step mum however who feeds foxes yjat comd into here garden thinks they want to live with us and be domesticated like cats and dogs.

So where do u fall on foxes evolve to be akin to lions and tigers or be domesticated pets
    Interesting point Pauli, except that we are the biggest threat to foxes by a long long way. I think you're right though is that there is a change to fox behaviour.  Intensive farming makes it far more difficult to live in their natural habitat, the countryside.  Many have therefore adapted to live a life largely based on scrounging and foraging through the waste that we leave in our towns and cities.   This is absolutely nothing to do with evolution though.  

• Options
    After mating foxes as with domestic dogs they are “tied” back to back. Mating “doggy style” as it’s know as is only part of the process, they then turn arse to arse while still attached (not recommended all you Sunday nighters😂) and the process is complete. The separation process can take a while 30 minutes or so, less mature dogs may panic at this stage causing pain to its partner. 
    Love 
    David Attenborough 😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    After mating foxes as with domestic dogs they are “tied” back to back. Mating “doggy style” as it’s know as is only part of the process, they then turn arse to arse while still attached (not recommended all you Sunday nighters😂) and the process is complete. The separation process can take a while 30 minutes or so, less mature dogs may panic at this stage causing pain to its partner. 
    Love 
    David Attenborough 😉
    I had no idea foxes and domestic dogs were bred together.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    T_C_E said:
    Love 
    David Attenborough 😉
    I had no idea foxes and domestic dogs were bred together.
    You can’t, the experts say it couldn’t happen. 😉
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    We get loads in our garden so I think we’re going to have to consider putting our house up for sale if they’re going to evolve into lions or tigers.

i can’t have a situation whereby I’m cutting the grass or pruning the bushes in fear of being mauled by a fox.

Think I’ll go with Foxtons estate agents.

Thanks for the heads up @pau@paulie8290

Same here. The vermin have already killed a couple of our rabbits. I’ll be fucked if we’re gonna hang round till they start taking out our buffalo.

• Options
    People say foxes (and other animals) can't code and read and stuff. But they don't have to commute, or shop for clothes online, or take exams and stuff.
    Or worry about council tax.
  • Options
    f**king hate foxes, mainly cause they sh*t all over my garden and driveway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019

How about putting out food containing contraception drugs (as is done with great success to wild cat colonies)......far better idea.

• Options
    How many human deaths a year are foxes responsible for?
  • Options
    f**king hate foxes, mainly cause they sh*t all over my garden and driveway
    When we lived in Eltham they used to dig up the cable for our Virgin TV.
  • Options
    If you give an infinite number of foxes an infinite number of typewriters.........

Eventually they will rise up and overthrow the dark overlord human oppressors
  • Options
    Heaven forfend a wild animal does its business in your garden
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Leuth said:
    Heaven forfend a wild animal does its business in your garden
    I have a dog that would keep them at bay .....I love all animals, foxes included, but we have to face it the urban fox population has become too large for their (and humans), own good.
    We humans created the problem and should set about rectifying it.
    I live in the deepest countryside and it’s very very rare that one ever sees a fox.....in fact, thinking about it, in the 5 years I have lived up here I can’t recollect ever seeing one.
    They’re all in Bromley!
  • Options
    I read somewhere recently that the fox population has remained largely the same for years. It is just people are becoming more pre-occupied with them.
  • Options
    I'm fairly sure there was an owl in my garden last night. Would seen very unusual for SE London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read somewhere recently that the fox population has remained largely the same for years. It is just people are becoming more pre-occupied with them.
    I believe that, they are resourceful beasts and as the food supply for them has moved, so have they. Why go to the bother of ripping apart a chicken coop when you can rip apart a bin bag. 

They also run a real risk of being hunted down by shiny faced pricks with dogs and horses every Sunday. Or taking whatever a shotgun is packing. 

If I was a fox I'd definitely relocate to the urban world and feast on KFC and kebabs rather than having to chase, catch and eat rats and chickens 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    PopIcon said:
    I'm fairly sure there was an owl in my garden last night. Would seen very unusual for SE London.
    Not as unusual as you may think, especially in the outer London boroughs.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    se9addick said:
    My son recently bought a house where the previous owner fed the foxes.  Given half a chance I think they'd come inside and pull up a chair.

... they are currently retraining to raid dustbins and finding alternative feeding arrangements.
    As for “evolving to be like lions and tigers in 10 or 20 years”, that’s probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on this site, which is pretty impressive. 

Hang on. In the past few years on this website I've seen people suggesting that Roland was doing a good job and that Katrien was a competent CEO. I've read that we were right to sack Chris Powell, and I'm pretty sure there was at least one person who thought that Karel Fraeye might be alright as head coach.

Foxes evolving into lions and tigers doesn't even make the top 10 ridiculous comments. 

Foxes evolving into lions and tigers and then opening a successful chain of vegan restaurants across South London and Kent wouldn't even make the top ten.
    Was Karel Fraeye a Fox?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Yeah - We're just off of New St Hill in Bromley and hear them regularly. It surprised me a bit too at first.
  • Options
    Hull vs Millwall vs Leicester & Portsmouth with the Wolves in waiting. 
  • Options
    Don't see many in Bexley, especially on a Friday night in The Millers.
  • Options
    Will we ever see the day when a fox can swim as fast as a shark?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Yeah - We're just off of New St Hill in Bromley and hear them regularly. It surprised me a bit too at first.
    That's not a million miles from where I live and that fact that the quaggy runs through our back garden (it also runs through New St Hill) would suggest it was indeed an owl. What a delight!