Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading away 31/8/19 advanced purchase train tickets

This one is lovely and easy.

There are approximately 8 trains an hour running from Paddington to Reading, likewise coming back.  The train takes no more than 35 minutes.

Tickets can be bought on the day, without a railcard the cost is £20.70 return, with a railcard the cost is £13.65 return.

For people that have not been to Reading before, there are shuttle buses outside the station taking you to the ground but you would need to be at the bus stop one hour before kick off to allow yourself ample time to avoid missing the start.

There is a decent boozer at the station, but absolutely zero by the ground.

Comments

• There’s something really soulless about the entire Reading away experience, from the soulless town full of chain pubs and bars to the soulless stadium next to a motorway with nothing around it. It’s basically the epitome of the worst of the early 2000’s. 

Luckily I’ll be on a beach in Croatia for this one!
  • se9addick said:
    There’s something really soulless about the entire Reading away experience, from the soulless town full of chain pubs and bars to the soulless stadium next to a motorway with nothing around it. It’s basically the epitome of the worst of the early 2000’s. 

It was alright at Elm Park, although a shame that the natives were not so friendly.

Any chance of getting a game done whilst in Croatia?
  • se9addick said:
    There’s something really soulless about the entire Reading away experience, from the soulless town full of chain pubs and bars to the soulless stadium next to a motorway with nothing around it. It’s basically the epitome of the worst of the early 2000’s. 

It was alright at Elm Park, although a shame that the natives were not so friendly.

Hopefully - I’ll be in Split on a weekend and they have two teams (Hadjuk in the top flight and another team in the third tier) so a decent chance that one will be at home.
  • Nice one.
  • Just checked and Hadjuk Split are at home to Dynamo Zagreb on the weekend we’re there - that could be interesting!
  • se9addick said:
    Just checked and Hadjuk Split are at home to Dynamo Zagreb on the weekend we’re there - that could be interesting!
    Do that one at all costs, what a cracker.
  • My partner's house is in Reading and we stay there most weekends. Not sure if I'll  join him in the home section for this one
  • Haven’t been Reading since 2006 when Les Reed was at the wheel. Only ever heard terrible stuff about from everyone whose been. I’ll go via Clapham as will avoid having to pay for a travelcard. 
  • All booked up! Not a bad away day in that half hour from London pub right next to station 
  • Dull experience, though enjoyed my previous visit where we won 1-0 and spent most of the second half signing about Bob Peeters' hair
  • Sponsored links:

• This one is lovely and easy.

There are approximately 8 trains an hour running from Paddington to Reading, likewise coming back.  The train takes no more than 35 minutes.

Tickets can be bought on the day, without a railcard the cost is £20.70 return, with a railcard the cost is £13.65 return.

For people that have not been to Reading before, there are shuttle buses outside the station taking you to the ground but you would need to be at the bus stop one hour before kick off to allow yourself ample time to avoid missing the start.

There is a decent boozer at the station, but absolutely zero by the ground.
    Elfs is reading not the same price on the day £20.70 if so thesres no need to book early?
  • edited June 29
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Hopefully - I’ll be in Split on a weekend and they have two teams (Hadjuk in the top flight and another team in the third tier) so a decent chance that one will be at home.
    Definitely go to watch Hadjuk. I did in 2011. It was about £6 to get in the most expensive seats and £1 a pint - and you don’t even needto move from your seat to get it.  Obviously this was a while ago so prices will have changed. The home fans behind the goal are mental - it’s just pure noise, flares and smokebombs. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Definitely go to watch Hadjuk. I did in 2011. It was about £6 to get in the most expensive seats and £1 a pint - and you don’t even needto move from your seat to get it.  Obviously this was a while ago so prices will have changed. The home fans behind the goal are mental - it’s just pure noise, flares and smokebombs. 
    Beer wenches, sounds good.
  • edited June 29
    Haven’t been Reading since 2006 when Les Reed was at the wheel. Only ever heard terrible stuff about from everyone whose been. I’ll go via Clapham as will avoid having to pay for a travelcard. 
    If you have a tiny bladder like me, be careful.  Often SouthWestern do not have toilets on their trains.
  • Haven’t been Reading since 2006 when Les Reed was at the wheel. Only ever heard terrible stuff about from everyone whose been. I’ll go via Clapham as will avoid having to pay for a travelcard. 
    If you have a tiny  penuslike me, be careful.  Often SouthWestern do not have toilets on their trains.

If you have a tiny  penuslike me, be careful.  Often SouthWestern do not have toilets on their trains.

Ffs, Otto and you are working in tandem.
  • The bars in the ground serve reasonable food and drink. The bar in the hotel at the ground is also open.
  • Oi @ElfsborgAddick you going to answer my question 
  • clb74 said:
    Oi @ElfsborgAddick you going to answer my question 
    I posted tickets can be bought on the day.