Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves and his hair restoration surgery

Comments

• Options
    Overall I think he was a slight disappointment for us, but agree that last season he was decent when we saw him.

Btw @James86 do you have a brother called Paul? You really remind me of a bloke I know from Bromley!
  • Options
    @Rufus_Ambition definitely not me bud. I’ve got a brother but not called Paul. 
  • Options
    Definitely have him in the squad right now. We know he can play in the two wider midfielders of the diamond and he could play at the tip of it.

Might have been inconsistent and might have had a few too many little niggly injuries, but sure he is a talented player. Better than what we currently have too.

Shame to see him go but let’s hope we do replace him with better quality otherwise it would’ve been a mistake.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Definitely have him in the squad right now. We know he can play in the two wider midfielders of the diamond and he could play at the tip of it.

Might have been inconsistent and might have had a few too many little niggly injuries, but sure he is a talented player. Better than what we currently have too.

Shame to see him go but let’s hope we do replace him with better quality otherwise it would’ve been a mistake.
    I wouldnt. 
    His injuries seemed to be regular. His scoring record not great. Assists is not good either. I would rather give a youngster a go.
    I can see why Bowyer dont rate him,if that is true what is said
  • Options
    I wish Reeves well but Bowyer is the manager and i make him spot on. 
  • Options
    Hopefully in a few weeks time we’ll have made some moves and i’ll feel differently but at the minute at jump at the chance to have him back, good cover in the midfield and always worked hard. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

Value for money possibly comes into it.

He was an important signing from Robinson’s point of view and we waited most of the summer to get him. Probably paid him a good wage.

For Bowyer he was a squad player who always picks up a few injuries.

I might have kept him as back up, but not if it means him being one of the higher earners.
  • Options
    Not particularly sad that he’s gone. Bowyer’s a very decisive manager, see his treatment of Fosu and Marshall last season too. 
  • Options
    I'm not surprised about Bowyer's comments - He often got frustrated by Ben's lack of movement into the box and you'd often have people on here after games saying they could hear Bowyer from the West Stand telling Reeves to get into the box more else he'd be coming off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

I wouldnt. 
    His injuries seemed to be regular. His scoring record not great. Assists is not good either. I would rather give a youngster a go.
    I can see why Bowyer dont rate him,if that is true what is said
    Having watched the goals from last season that Lyle Taylor put up as his favourite video of all time, not only did he score a few goals at the valley but he started the move that led to goals. Unfortunately the overhit pass and blocked shots are remembered and not the goals or the ball put in the area despite on occasions not being given the assist because of two touches before the ball hits the net.

You realize how small Ben Reeves is when @James86 is only 5ft 6in !
  • Options
    Reeves only trick seemed to be recieving the ball, turning back on himself to do a 360 and pass it again.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    He was ok - scored a fairish amount of goals for his position. Had a bit of a spongefoot, but his time with us wasn't a failure.
  • Options
    @soapboxsam Genuinely didn’t realise how short he is!
  • Options
    James86 said:
    @soapboxsam Genuinely didn’t realise how short he is!
    Hence the hair. Gives him an extra two inches at least.
  • Options
    Genuflect... great fucking word.  Will start using it immediately!

Played sir.
  • Options
    Genuflect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has signed for MK Dons...
  • Options
    Always thought he was worth trying as a poacher alongside or slightly behind Lyle (i.e. to fill the Karlan void).  A decent finisher in the box, where defenders have to be a bit less aggressive.  Wouldn't have minded him staying, but Bows knows best
  • Options
    A decent enough player but he never quite hit the headlines for us.....flashes of brilliance here and there but just not enough consistency to “send the fans home happy.”
  • Options
    I wouldn't have been upset if he stayed with us, but not bothered that he left either, which probably sums up the impact he made
  • Options
    Bow didn't see it and neither did I.

Shame as he shone at MK
  • Options
    Reeves was the best player we've ever had

at turning round in a circle.
  • Options
    As a player he has a great sixth touch.
  • Options
    I wish Ben Reeves well at MK Dons as he played a part in our success last season with some goals, and assists  despite the blocked shots, wayward free kicks and being tainted with the Robinson signing.

Ps. Other than Jack Munns, at a youth game I think Ben Reeves is the lightest footballer i've ever stood next too.