Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Expectations for next season

I'll be happy if we stay up and hopefully have a change of ownership. I hope Bowyer gets a chance with us to assemble a decent squad but whether that will happen is another matter.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    That we will struggle

That a player will reject us as it’s more financially beneficial to hold down a job and play non league

That some people across social media will say that Bowyer isn’t up to it conveniently forgetting the budget at his disposal 

That 18-19 hero Lyle Taylor will have a fall out with ‘Charlton fans’ on social media 

That the new catering company will be the same old over priced shite

That Henry Irving will actually start burgling peoples homes for Charlton memorabilia they are withholding from his museum 

That despite the club refusing to sell my friend a season ticket for the seat next to me, it will remain empty for a minimum 90% of games

That the pubs that are left and the local traffic won’t be able to cope with the higher crowds

The pitch will probably look nice though. Happy Monday 
    What a ray of sunshine!
  • Options
    Bowyer and players will be brilliant when we win.

When we lose Bowyer will be naive and the players body language will prove they don't care.

Other reasons for defeats will be CARD,  boycotters not singing loud enough, the new shirts, CARD, the food queues and CARD.

The Wembley spirit will be invoked after every win and every defeat.

Every goal conceded will be Philips fault.

• Options
    Right now I'd take being able to fill the bench on the opening game of the season, and we can go from there.

Staying up would be a big achievement.
  • Options
    I'd take finishing where we are starting...!!  :)
  • Options
    If Shitweasel remains our owner the best we can hope for is staying up.
    If Shitweasel sells I shall raise my expectations accordingly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crap beer, small crowds and soul destroying football. 
  • Options
    I would settle for 11 fit players on day one, we currently only have 11 and they have not started the friendlies yet.
  • Options
    Will be delighted with 21st
    This.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I think we will lose a couple more of the Wembley heroes before August and will start with a largely new team. That will mean a slow start and a struggle. If Duchatelet's still here I can't see a sale before next Summer. I expect the new caterer's to ul chil portion size to 18.
  • Options
    As things stand, a struggle. But it would have been an even bigger struggle had Bowyer not stayed. I think we will avoid relegation - Thats a good season imo. 

• Options
    Fully expect relegation and 2 cracking away days!
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything about Lee Bowyer this Summer to suggest he's regressing as a manager.  So, on that basis alone, I can't see anything other than promotion, via the play offs.  
  • Options
    I think we will lose a couple more of the Wembley heroes before August and will start with a largely new team. That will mean a slow start and a struggle. If Duchatelet's still here I can't see a sale before next Summer. I expect the new caterer's to ul chil portion size to 18.
    Is ul chil within the local authority food safety guidelines, because I’ve a feeling it isn’t?
  • Options
    Oh and by the way, I think we’re going to surprise everyone next season....
  • Options
    A complete turn on the players by November when we have 10 points
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't worry Rip Van Shitweasel has it all in hand...

Relegation I am afraid but we will go down fighting with Bowyer!
  • Options
    That we will struggle

That a player will reject us as it’s more financially beneficial to hold down a job and play non league

That some people across social media will say that Bowyer isn’t up to it conveniently forgetting the budget at his disposal 

That 18-19 hero Lyle Taylor will have a fall out with ‘Charlton fans’ on social media 

That the new catering company will be the same old over priced shite

That Henry Irving will actually start burgling peoples homes for Charlton memorabilia they are withholding from his museum 

That despite the club refusing to sell my friend a season ticket for the seat next to me, it will remain empty for a minimum 90% of games

That the pubs that are left and the local traffic won’t be able to cope with the higher crowds

The pitch will probably look nice though. Happy Monday 
    You got a brother called golfie
  • Options
    I expect there will still be some cranks that fancy us against Millwall.
  • Options
    If they can sign enough players, then I think Bowyer and Jackson will continue to over perform. In terms of the Champ that means about 18th I'd say. If they achieve that then they deserve a knighthood each. 
  • Options
    I would be very surprised if we do not run away with the league tbh.
  • Options
    Don’t forget Bowyer managed to get us to the play offs with Robinson’s players the season before last. I would be surprised if we do as badly as some on here are predicting.
  • Options
    al the moment, I'm expecting us to get walloped every week 
  • Options
    I think the players will be willing to work very hard in matches, especially at the start of the season, however getting little reward for hard work might grind the spirit down in the long run.
    I don't think we won't try, and a positive attitude might just be enough for survival which would constitute success.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye will watch us on Roland's live feed and say we were good.
  • Options
    Five of the best players from Wembley have left already (if we accept that Aribo) has gone. If the Belgian is still our owner come the start of the season I expect/hope that we win a few games at least on our way back to league one. If we have new owners & have had time to recruit properly I would expect us to avoid relegation.