Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Options
    He needs to calm down on the religious crap a bit, you can’t be a devout Christian one minute and then rude boy bitch magnet the next. And as for being a fan of Corbyn....
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who has little to no knowledge of Stormzy.

On the meteorological scale I'm probably maxed out at Drizzly

Which is still way hipper than Peterznlee
  • Options
    Does anybody over the age of 25 do Glastonbury?
  • Options
    Thought Stormzy was excellent. Looking forward to The killers tonight and defo Kylie tomorrow. I have a very ecclectial mix of genres. Anyone for Basil Brush FFS!!!!
  • Options
    My, or one of, biggest regrets is not going to the first Glastonbury.
    I was too stoned, my mates who went had a good time but said it wasn't something to regret missing.
    Who knew eh?
  • Options
    This Janet Jackson set is dull 
  • Options
    Watching Liam Gallagher on BBC 2, his voice is so nasal now it's almost unlistenable.
  • Options
    Watching Liam Gallagher on BBC 2, his voice is so nasal now it's almost unlistenable.
    Suits some songs, not so much others. He needs to be more careful with his song selection. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He needs to calm down on the religious crap a bit, you can’t be a devout Christian one minute and then rude boy bitch magnet the next. And as for being a fan of Corbyn....
    Why?
  • Options
    he's never been a good singer, he's got no range and just seems like he's constantly shouting it

His new stuff is pretty bland, nothing different from beady eye really, I wonder if playing old Oasis stuff is just to rescue it?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    This Janet Jackson set is dull 
    She was crap as expected. Her voice little more than a whisper. Possibly lip syncing. 

Dressed all in black from head to toe to hide her weight and alongside over weight dancers, presumably to make her look smaller.

Ok it's harsh before someone says it.
  • Options
    As much as I like The Killers, watching them tonight makes me feel like the clock has been turned back ten years. 
    Strange choice for the headline act on the Saturday. 
  • Options
    I think Liam Gallagher & The Killers are both brilliant live.
  • Options
    I think Liam Gallagher & The Killers are both brilliant live.
    I've certainly paid to watch them both in the past and not been disappointed. 
  • Options
    weirdest encore ever? Let's get Jimmy Carr to sweep the stage for a couple of minutes then get the Pet Shop Boys on. brilliant
  • Options
    As much as I like The Killers, watching them tonight makes me feel like the clock has been turned back ten years. 
    Strange choice for the headline act on the Saturday. 
    I know what you mean.
    Ive really enjoyed them tonight tho. Looking forward to Mr Brightside.
    Dont get what Jimmy Carr was doing on stage
  • Options
    Lizzo was different. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love the random Glastonbury collaborations
  • Options
    Not sure about The Pet Shop Boys but "This Charming Man" was staggeringly good and Mr Brightside is a classic. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    buckshee said:
    I just wish they wouldn't keep on about Stormzy like some kind of narrative they want to fit, he's up there because he deserves to be not because of the colour of his skin. I wasn't keen on Jay-Z headlining and even less so Kanye as I didn't think they got it, Stormzy however definitely gets it. 

I see Gerry Cinnamon is playing the John Peel stage at 2pm today.Someone fucked up there putting him on in a tent early afternoon, it'll be ridiculously packed for that.
    What is it that Stormzy "gets"?  @buckshee
    Genuine question.
    I'm speaking as a fogey with no appreciation of his genre and I am genuinely interested to know what he brings to the table of contemporary British music.

I guess he makes music that is not only hugely popular but also has a message. He talks about politics, life experiences and where he comes from (he references South London very often). Compare that to your Ed Sheeran or Adele’s who also sell records by the truck load but have no message to go with their music and it’s refreshing. 
    It’s also utter shite 
  • Options
    How did I miss knowing Cliff Richard was on the bill?  
  • Options
    Killers were brilliant, will have to catch Liam tomorrow on catch up.

Kylie with the Sunday set tomorrow afternoon. Bring it on
  • Options
    Not The Killers biggest fan (the big tunes are obviously very good) but that performance tonight was class.
  • Options
    Want to catch up on the Stormzy slot at some point.
  • Options
    I was on the Other channel - another cracking set from the Chems.
  • Options
    Chemical brothers smashed it!