Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Catering

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Expect to be disappointed.

Mitie are another one of those firms that are a jack of all trades but master of none.

See Carillon and interserve and Kier for info.
  • Options
    Froggy66 said:
    Aren't we all boycotting stadium catering?
    Clearly not , people obviously get caught out all of a sudden arriving at a stadium and being in need of some food or drink that couldn’t be purchased elsewhere .

in all seriousness ,  I do understand the lack of decent alternatives does mean that some people are left on a limb and do need to have a sit down in crossbars or whatever gaff to have a bit of a social and a drink or two and well others are just damn lazy ! 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I have emailed them to ask about their vegan and vegetarian offerings.
    Chips. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I have eaten stadium food in Italy and my son has tried it in Germany. The overiding thing about both is the taste and quality. Italians just won't eat crap, we all know, you have some clubs, even our own for a while who pour boiling water over dried onions for your burger and they often don't do that very well.

We are a country that accepts reclaimed meat nuggets to give to our kids so it shouldn't be too surprising. I wonder whether one day a club might try an experiment to serve quality fast food at reasonable prices. I think they may find they make much more money, or maybe we just prefer eating crap.
  • Options
    All you need is a decent pie and a drinkable pint or cup of bovril and that is football eats sorted. 

At current we cant do any of the above.

with next season the crowds getting bigger the pubs will be busier that added to away fans probably trying to drink around Charlton also means a few may venture towards the ground. 

For next season I may revert to blackheath pre game 
  • Options
    I’m not sure I would get on terribly well, with your current COO mate! If his job was to become available however........ :)
  • Options
    garfield said:
    I’m not sure I would get on terribly well, with your current COO mate! If his job was to become available however........ :)
    It, will, it will, hopefully very soon. Would be good to have you back @garfield

Any views on the firm?  Seem very new to football and wonder if they know what they've let themselves in for

• Options
    Honestly, is it really that big a deal to people?
    its 2 hours, every fortnight or so and you’re not forced to eat it.
    you spend longer on a coach from Larkfield to Charlton but I don’t hear people complaining that Raymond Blanc isn’t passing through the coach offering saffron enthused truffles.

Eating and drinking with my mates before each game is a very important pert of the day for me.
    The very least I should expect is a pint that is drinkable and food that is edable. 
    It really is as simple as that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you spend longer on a coach from Larkfield to Charlton but I don’t hear people complaining that Raymond Blanc isn’t passing through the coach offering saffron enthused truffles.

Eating and drinking with my mates before each game is a very important pert of the day for me.
    The very least I should expect is a pint that is drinkable and food that is edable. 
    are You saying you choose to eat and drink in the ground before the game knowing it’s gonna be crap?
  • Options

are You saying you choose to eat and drink in the ground before the game knowing it’s gonna be crap?
    Unfortunately in the past I have done just that as that is where my mates were drinking. 
    Different arrangements are being made for next season. 
  • Options
    With any luck Forest Green Rovers will bring their catering arrangements with them.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I think it is a lost opportunity for all clubs. Football doesn't have any real tradition for good food and it is untapped potential. And why you have to have crap beer when it surely is not any more difficult to have some good stuff is hard to explain!
  • Options
    Until I'm confident that I'm going to get served before the second half kicks off I'm going to give the food kiosks a swerve. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

To be fair I don't think the Larkfield bon viveurs would be very enthused by the truffles if the saffron wasn't actually infused   ;)
  • Options

To be fair I don't think the Larkfield born viveurs would be very enthused by the truffles if the saffron wasn't actually infused   ;)
    Fair point, we’ll made.
    *shakes head in disappointment at my own post*
  • Options

I must admit that I find the half time scrum slightly baffling. People leaving the first half early and getting back late, all so they can get a lager or hot dog
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    For evening matches people rushing from work might want something to eat, similarly when kick off times span the usual mealtimes.
    The company say they will produce a unique pie. As it only looks like just the one I presume it will be a vegan one. It might be more than one mind you, which would give them the option to create an animal one as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You must be on the wrong coach.
  • Options
    There is something I had at Cesena's ground in Italy that is perfect for football food. It was delicious and I mean delicious and if they served it here I would be encouraged to go to football to eat it. It is a northern Italian flatbread called Piadina. It is cooked on a hot plate and then you van have it hot with Italian parma ham or mortadella in it. There is a closed version also containing mozarella and tomato and you can also have sausage in that.

It is relatively cheap to make and I think it would transform football food if a club tried introducing it.  

That looks amazing.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    You have to taste it - the flatbread isn't like your bog standard flatbread. Its texture and taste is amazing. Also its really cheap to make and prepare. You could even put quality sausages or burgers in it.

I think football clubs are really missing a trick because they go about catering the wrong way.
  • Options
    Hurry up new season........
  • Options

All you need is a decent pie and a drinkable pint or cup of bovril and that is football eats sorted. 

At current we cant do any of the above.

with next season the crowds getting bigger the pubs will be busier that added to away fans probably trying to drink around Charlton also means a few may venture towards the ground. 

For next season I may revert to blackheath pre game 
    But what will you do at half time ? I know it's a proven fact that it's impossible to go to a football match without having beer at half time. Mind you it's only a couple of quid & makes no difference to the Belgian.................. or so I've been told.
  • Options
    You have to taste it - the flatbread isn't like your bog standard flatbread. Its texture and taste is amazing. Also its really cheap to make and prepare. You could even put quality sausages or burgers in it.

I think football clubs are really missing a trick because they go about catering the wrong way.
    It's like most food abroad in my experience, (& i'm not talking high class restaurants, but small cafes, street vendors, bakeries etc etc. even in supermarket cafes) far superior quality, delicious & much cheaper than the UK. Oh & served with a polite greeting & a smile not a mumble & a snarl
  • Options
    I went to Spurs v W Ham a few weeks back in the new WHL.

The catering is in a different league to anything else I have seen in a UK ground. 

A Beavertown brewery on site ain't too bad for starters (Neckoil £5 a pint), real ales and Amstel at £4 a pint.

There's plenty of decent beer soaking stodge to be had......although for football I thought there were far too many sourdough pizzas being consumed.

My mate is a season ticket holder there and reckons that they really have got a captive audience eating and drinking at reasonable prices in the ground from 2 hours before KO and until 1 hour until after final whistle.