Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Evening fixtures at The Valley

Been checking the fixtures -as I'm sure all of us have been -  anyone know why the Forest and Swansea games are being played on a Wednesday night?

Comments

• addick05 said:
    Been checking the fixtures -as I'm sure all of us have been -  anyone know why the Forest and Swansea games are being played on a Wednesday night?

Part of the Sky deal.

It should be noted that all Championship clubs have received two home Tuesday fixtures and two Wednesday home fixtures to ensure that the terms of the broadcasting agreement with SKY Sports are met with midweek fixtures split as equally as possible over each midweek. That arrangement is mirrored for away fixtures.

• Theres always mid week games in the championship
  • bobmunro said:
    addick05 said:

Part of the Sky deal.

It should be noted that all Championship clubs have received two home Tuesday fixtures and two Wednesday home fixtures to ensure that the terms of the broadcasting agreement with SKY Sports are met with midweek fixtures split as equally as possible over each midweek. That arrangement is mirrored for away fixtures.

Remember, it's all about Sky ...... they couldn't give a toss about the fans who actually go to the match.

• Last season all midweek championship matches were available live via the red button. They split them over Tuesdays and Wednesdays so they have roughly an even number of games each night. Guessing this will continue this season.
  • SamB09 said:
    Theres always mid week games in the championship

Yes I'm not that daft, I realise that. It's just that Charlton have always (well nearly always) played their midweek home games on Tuesday nights. However thank everyone for clearing that up - should have guessed it was something to do with Sky!!
  • wednesday is a better night for me
  • Also got to remember that there are more midweek games that are mandatory for the Championship because we wont have games for the International Break

Means there will be no worrying about buying tickets for games and wondering if we'll have enough international call ups for our game to be cancelled and so be unable to attend the re-arranged fixture.

Although the FA Cup may still see games re-arranged
  • edited June 2019
    5th round F A Cup is midweek so won't effect us
    4th Round shouldnt effect us either unless Fulham win their 3rd Round game
  • 5th round F A Cup is midweek so won't effect us
    4th round doesn't normally affect us anyway ...... players already looking forward to an extra day off in January. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    4th round doesn't normally affect us anyway ...... players already looking forward to an extra day off in January. :smile:

Oh ye of little faith. 100th year at The Valley and it would be exactly 73 years since we last won it. An omen if ever there was one.

On reflection - yes a week off in January will help us concentrate on the league. 

• bobmunro said:
    Oggy Red said:

Oh ye of little faith. 100th year at The Valley and it would be exactly 73 years since we last won it. An omen if ever there was one.

On reflection - yes a week off in January will help us concentrate on the league. 

Yes, staying in it! LOL
  • addick05 said:
    bobmunro said:
    Oggy Red said:

Yes, staying in it! LOL
    Not sure if this a LOL ?
  • Can’t believe it, what were the odds of Leeds being on Sky on the first weekend of the season! Genuinely shocked 😮 
  • addick05 said:
    SamB09 said:

Yes I'm not that daft, I realise that. It's just that Charlton have always (well nearly always) played their midweek home games on Tuesday nights.
    That’s because Millwall had Monday night, Charlton had Tuesday night and Palace had Wednesday night.
  • addick05 said:
    SamB09 said:

Yes I'm not that daft, I realise that. It's just that Charlton have always (well nearly always) played their midweek home games on Tuesday nights. However thank everyone for clearing that up - should have guessed it was something to do with Sky!!
    It’s only been Tuesdays since we’ve been in League one.
  • JaShea99 said:
    addick05 said:
    SamB09 said:

No
  • JaShea99 said:
    addick05 said:
    SamB09 said:

No

• Sponsored links:

• No it hasn't.  90%  of evening games have been played on a Tuesday evening.
  • JaShea99 said:
    addick05 said:
    SamB09 said:

Always, always been a Tuesday for midweek fixtures as long as I can remember. But then again, I think I have dementia and can't recall what I was doing 10 mins ago  
  • JaShea99 said:
    addick05 said:
    SamB09 said:

I've been going for 50+ years and Tuesday's was always our night - many of those seasons were spent in the old Second Division, today's Championship.
  • There were definitely Wednesdays in the Championship and the Premiership.
  • I go back to 1972 watching midweek games and we've always played Tuesdays.
    It's possible that there were some Wednesday games if JaShea99 remembers them, but there couldn't have been too many.
  • Is today Tuesday? If not, it use to be.
  • edited July 2019
    “Forest's trip to Charlton Athletic on August 21 will also be shown live as a main game with other midweek matches that Wednesday evening shown via the red button”

Just seen this on The Nottingham Post, Forest home game is live on Sky.
  • edited July 2019
    I thought you can watch all midweek fixtures now live on sky in the championship?
  • “Forest's trip to Charlton Athletic on August 21 will also be shown live as a main game with other midweek matches that Wednesday evening shown via the red button”

Just seen this on The Nottingham Post, Forest home game is live on Sky.
    FFS!! Why does it have to be the games at the Valley NOT on the red button