Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    Ath/Juve was the pick of last nights games .. the other 2 televised were very one sided .. Real's demise is obvious and the Brazilian Ukrainians were no match for a ruthless Citteeeee.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    A bad opening week for three quarters of Italy

Inter underestimated Slavia Prague in a game they had to win really, even this early in the group - tough games coming up.
    Atalanta perhaps underestimated Dinamo too, despite being 4th seeds and only ever seeing their CL experience as a bonus they must have felt they would have at least a chance of 2nd spot behind City. If they did, this wasn't exactly the best of starts.
    A point in Madrid isn't a bad result on paper for Juventus but being 2 goals up with 20 minutes left they would have expected to take the 3 points back to Turin. Poor defensively after dominating the start of the 2nd half. Gave away far to many corners and free kicks around the penalty area, where they always looked vulnerable.
    Napoli are the shining light this week. Liverpool & Napoli were always the heavy favourites to make it through the group stages but this win (although a long way to go) could help clinch top spot and a seeded position in the round of 16.
  • Options
    A bad opening week for three quarters of Italy

Inter underestimated Slavia Prague in a game they had to win really, even this early in the group - tough games coming up.
    Atalanta perhaps underestimated Dinamo too, despite being 4th seeds and only ever seeing their CL experience as a bonus they must have felt they would have at least a chance of 2nd spot behind City. If they did, this wasn't exactly the best of starts.
    A point in Madrid isn't a bad result on paper for Juventus but being 2 goals up with 20 minutes left they would have expected to take the 3 points back to Turin. Poor defensively after dominating the start of the 2nd half. Gave away far to many corners and free kicks around the penalty area, where they always looked vulnerable.
    Napoli are the shining light this week. Liverpool & Napoli were always the heavy favourites to make it through the group stages but this win (although a long way to go) could help clinch top spot and a seeded position in the round of 16.
    good to see Kieran Trippier is still putting in supremely accurate corners and crosses
  • Options
    Am i missing something? That angle also shows it was a blatant dive.

He throws himself into Robertson's leg and then goes over.
    Winger takes the ball past Robertson, Robertson swings a lazy leg out and impedes the winger. Clear penalty.

There are instances of strikers trying to buy penalties, Jamie Vardy is the obvious one but I don’t think that was the case here.

Could the winger have taken evasive action to ensure that he was out of the way of Robertson? Probably. Would that have allowed him to continue his run? Definitely not. He had every right to continue his run and take the contact in the way that he did.
    Absolute nonsense. If you slow it down and watch it frame by frame, it's clear there's no way Robertson's leg impedes him. His leg is planted on the ground, before the guy even starts his dive.

This screenshot is taken just as he starts his dive. Robertson's leg is not even close to impeding him. 

Then he starts his dive and ends up like this.

Clear as day, he jumps into Robertson and then goes over. Awful decision.

This guy sums up my thoughts on it better than I could...

This is irrelevant as it's taken after Callejon throws himseif into him. So yes of course there was contact.

As i showed in my previous post, stop the frame as Callejon starts his dive. Robertson's leg is nowhere near him.

Or just watch this. https://twitter.com/georgeskarakii/status/1174221244113334274
    But what Callejon does before the contact is irrelevant according to the rules. He nicks the ball past Robertson, there is accidental contact between the two players and the attacker goes down. It’s a penalty.

Maybe the rules need to be revisited to include the phrasing “if a player jumps before contact then a penalty shall not be awarded” or something...
  • Options
    Club Brugge 1-0 up at Real Madrid after a long VAR review for offside...
  • Options
    Fantastic control and finish from the Brugge striker.
  • Options
    Now it’s 0-2. Mistake by Modric.
  • Options
    Jose waiting by his phone 
  • Options
    Bizarre team selection by Zidane.

Vazquez is useless yet somehow starts. Where is Bale? Where is Rodriguez?

I'd expect to see Vinicius and Jovic on fairly soon.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Courtois off at HT

What has happened to him, was a fantastic keeper a couple of years ago 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ramos 1-2.

Looked offside to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    How does VAR give that? He looked well off.

EDIT: Just about onside by the defender on the far side.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Spurs 2-1 down to Bayern at 1/2 time .. they look a bit 2nd best a t m
  • Options
    Spurs getting thumped - 4-1 Bayern.
  • Options
    Pochettino can’t have long left. He might be a top manager but the results speak for themselves.
  • Options
    Maybe hope for Spurs - now 4-2
  • Options
    82nd minute- Tottenham 2-4 Munich
    88th minute- Tottenham 2-7 Munich

Haha
  • Options
    Aguero tripped in penalty area, goes to VAR who get it wrong again.
  • Options
    7-2 ha ha ha. Always hated Spurs after they revelled in sending us down years back.
  • Options
    If rumours coming out at Spurs are believed it's not a surprise really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spurs will do a Grimsby, concede 7 and then go on a winning run lol
  • Options
    Bet Gnabry wishes he’d joined us instead
  • Options
    Nug said:
    If rumours coming out at Spurs are believed it's not a surprise really.
    If its the rumours on social media about Vertonghan and Eriksen its a load of bollockd.

If its others rumours, what have u heard lol
  • Options
    HAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Imagine spending about 100m over the summer and getting turned over 7-2.

Ill be really surprised if Poch lasts till a Christmas 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Imagine spending about 100m over the summer and getting turned over 7-2.

Ill be really surprised if Poch lasts till a Christmas 
    I'll be surprised if he's there by the next home game after that!

Bayern were outstanding but that capitulation was one of the worst in memory.
  • Options
    I suspect the issue at Spurs is player's salaries .. relatively small compared to other 'top' Prem club's players .. also, the team is getting old and cream crackered all at once
  • Options
    I predicted 2-2 on Super 6, at least I got one bit right.
  • Options
    Christ lads I've gone to take my cookies out the oven and theyve conceded 3 more! Bad night at the office