Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    Oh nice finish!!... thought that would be a goal where Celtic had pushed everyone forward
  • Options
    Lovely finish tbf
    Shame he couldn’t do that against the spanners.
  • Options
    Reckon Celtic won't find it easy against Cluj.
    As predicted!
  • Options
    That’s the league Aribo went to to challenge himself...
  • Options
    Upset in Portugal as Krasnodar beat Porto on away goals
  • Options
    Any comments @Henry Irving
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Great result for Celtic!

Concentrate on the league...  oh!
  • Options
    24 penalties were taken in the FC Copenhagen v Red Star game tonight with the latter coming out on top.
  • Options

Brugges knocked out Dynamo Kiev and Ajax had a tough game but qualify. Port out is a big upset though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    9 of the 22 penalties in the Copenhagen vs Red Star game were missed.
    Some of them were shocking. 
  • Options

Brugges knocked out Dynamo Kiev and Ajax had a tough game but qualify. Port out is a big upset though
    Porto also lost their 1st league game over the weekend the Gil Vicente 
  • Options
    24 penalties were taken in the FC Copenhagen v Red Star game tonight with the latter coming out on top.
    I always thought that when you get through the 11 players, you are supposed to take them in the same order, but red stars 11th penalty(both teams had a player sent off) was taken by the player who took their 5th penalty not their 1st
  • Options
    My Son who is a Cafc and Red Star fan flew out to Denmark this morning and said Red Star put 4 of their pens over the bar and yet still won  7-6 on pens !
  • Options
    Annoying thing was, that I was in the lotto shop yesterday, where they now also do football bets, and one of three bets of the day was this game. I looked at the long odds for Krasnodar and thought "That's a bit generous". Shame I am not a betting man.      
  • Options
    Cluj dont even need away goals... Won it on aggregate!!

Tucudean scored at the death - Good lad
    From twitter:

"Celtic’s most recently published wage total was £59 million, compared to €53m (about £47 million) total for the whole of the Romania Liga 1, which consists of 14 teams"

"Celtic knocked out of Europe after conceding 4 at home to the mighty CFR Cluj, ranked 288th in the UEFA coefficient list. That’s lower than 9 teams from the Welsh league - which isn’t even professional. And over 200 places below Hull City."
    The difference in budgets is valid criticism, but the UEFA coefficient remark is stupid. Cluj didn't qualify for Europe for a few years so they couldn't build up many coefficient points. If Welling win the FA Cup they would start with the same coefficient as given for Hull, which is the coefficient for the English league.

Cluj have already knocked out Astana and Maccabi Tel Aviv, which puts them at similar level to Celtic's expectations. Sometimes Champions League group stage, sometimes not. Slavia Prague next up.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha
  • Options
    Gomez at RB is truly awful. Klopp seems intent on butchering his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he puts Gomez there as he will sit deeper than TAA against a dangerous Chelsea attack. But I agree with you, he makes mistakes there positionally and it reflects badly on him to the uneducated who just see his mistakes and dismiss his talent at cb

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Gomez at RB is truly awful. Klopp seems intent on butchering his career.
    And now he’s at left back
  • Options
    I don't agree it's holding him back. As long as he stays fit he will partner Van Dijk this season. 
  • Options
    Liverpool were stupid not bringing in a full-back. Klopp clearly doesn't rate Clyne and didn't replace Moreno so Gomez is effectively their full back cover now. 
  • Options
    Liverpool were stupid not bringing in a full-back. Klopp clearly doesn't rate Clyne and didn't replace Moreno so Gomez is effectively their full back cover now. 
    Clyne is out injured for months. Which makes the decision not to sign another full back even more bizarre.

If Robertson or TAA get injured they'll struggle to keep pace with City.
  • Options
    Joe doesn't look match fit/keen/gut busting tonight....normally he has hunger and panache in everything he does but seems to be walking pace/ball watching which is odd for him.
  • Options
    Who cares. 
    He left us mid contract as did Grant and apparently Grant is the devil incarnate  
  • Options
    Adrian adds the Super Cup to all the trophies he won at West Ham

More bizarrely Andy Lonergan has a Super Cup winners medal, having played 7 games on loan at Rochdale last season!
  • Options
    Joe Gomez's best position is CB.

He makes less mistakes at CB than at RB but TBF to Joe, he made some good last ditch tackles last night but TAA will be 1st choice because of his attacking prowess over Joe.
    The sad thing is Gomez was playing so well at CB alongside Van Dijk before the injury and now is used to cover all 4 Defensive positions. 

Surprised to see Joe do a Calum Harriott and trip over on the ball last night. The first and last time I would imagine in his career.
    (Joe not Calum !)
  • Options
    Group stage draw tonight.

Pot one:

Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris St-Germain, Zenit St Petersburg

Pot two:

Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Tottenham, Ajax, Benfica

Pot three:

Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, Salzburg, Olympiakos, Club Bruges, Valencia, Inter Milan, Dinamo Zagreb

Pot four:

Lokomotiv Moscow, Genk, Galatasaray, RB Leipzig, Slavia Prague, Red Star Belgrade, Atalanta, Lille