Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Season - what games you looking forward to!?

Couple days until the fixtures come out and just wanted to know who people are looking forward to seeing!?

Comments

• Options
    Personally I am looking forward to Huddersfield and the Bermondsey scum too! 
  • Options
    West Brom / Fulham / Stoke / Leeds

They were mostly in the Premier League when we last reached the Championship (If I remember rightly) so been a while since we faced them whilst the latter will hopefully have Bielsa still

Sheffield Wednesday games are always fun and quite looking forward to Bristol City and Brentford as they seem to have good approaches to the game

Couldnt care less about the Millwall fixtures
  • Options
    None of them or all of them, depending on what happens in the next two weeks. 
  • Options

They were mostly in the Premier League when we last reached the Championship (If I remember rightly) so been a while since we faced them whilst the latter will hopefully have Bielsa still

Sheffield Wednesday games are always fun and quite looking forward to Bristol City and Brentford as they seem to have good approaches to the game

Very true, Leeds will be a good game, wasn’t it 2-4 when they came here last? I remember Cameron Stewart getting a banger for us! 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Very true, Leeds will be a good game, wasn’t it 2-4 when they came here last? I remember Cameron Stewart getting a banger for us! 
    I could be wrong but I think we beat them last time at the Valley. 
  • Options

Yup and Nick Pope had a blinder in one of his last games at Elland Road for us... kept a clean sheet that day, although cant remember if we won or drew
  • Options
    I am going to try, key word being try with work provided do all the aways now Bowyer is staying. 

The ones I'm looking forward to most, Derby, Forest and West Brom. Never been to any and all less than an hour away. 

Other ones I've got my eye on are Bristol, Wendys and Cardiff 

That's the beauty of living in the Midlands for this league, it's so heavy Midlands based. Most games I can do in less than 2 hours drive 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I want to try and make a couple of golf weekends out of away games so will prioritise Leeds/Huddersfield, Swansea and Wigan, depending on time of year. 
  • Options
    I am going to try, key word being try with work provided do all the aways now Bowyer is staying. 

The ones I'm looking forward to most, Derby, Forest and West Brom. Never been to any and all less than an hour away. 

That's the beauty of living in the Midlands for this league, it's so heavy Midlands based. Most games I can do in less than 2 hours drive 
    Perfect location! What’s the furthest away day we would have? Boro I guess?
  • Options
    Jimmy seed stand should be a bit fuller next season too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Perfect location! What’s the furthest away day we would have? Boro I guess?
    Believe so mate, and the London Derbies ironically 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I want to try and make a couple of golf weekends out of away games so will prioritise Leeds/Huddersfield, Swansea and Wigan, depending on time of year. 
    We should try to do a CL golf weekend around an away fixture. I’m sure we could get a couple of fourballs if we can bag a deal somewhere for decent overnight accommodation. I’m happy to organise if any are interested. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    We should try to do a CL golf weekend around an away fixture. I’m sure we could get a couple of fourballs if we can bag a deal somewhere for decent overnight accommodation. I’m happy to organise if any are interested. 
    That's a great idea, I'll drop you a line once the fixtures are out. I picked those out as Leeds has 3 Alister Mackenzie courses then Wigan & Swansea have links nearby. I'm open to suggestions as well though. 
  • Options
    Swansea and Cardiff away good weekends away. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
            I used to go that regularly in our Premier League days. Admittedly usually just as a 2 ball, but played courses before games at Spurs, Arsenal, Forest, Derby, Leicester, Norwich, Coventry  Villa & after games at Ipswich, Man U & Wolves. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Excited about both Leeds games as they'll undoubtedly be on telly because Leeds is an amazing club that the whole world tunes in to see, week on week out. It really is an honour to be on the same division as them.

Other than that, the trio of West London away trips will be good for a drink, and quite looking forward to West Brom for some reason.

Obviously when the time comes I'll delude myself into thinking there's a chance that we might nick a 0-0 at the Toolbox as well.
  • Options
    Millwank away. 
    Bowyer will have a different mindset to most. 
    I ain't seen us win there since Kim Grant done them in the snow. 
    Looking forward to three points next season. 
  • Options
    Can anyone produce a list in order of when we last played the team, out of interest? Quite surprising where the time goes sometimes.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Can anyone produce a list in order of when we last played the team, out of interest? Quite surprising where the time goes sometimes.
    2019: Luton Town
    2018: Barnsley | Wigan Athletic | Blackburn Rovers
    2017: Millwall
    2016: Middlesbrough | Hull | Derby | Sheff Wed | Cardiff | Brentford | Birmingham | Preston | QPR | Leeds | Nottingham Forest | Reading | Bristol City | Huddersfield Town | Fulham
    2009: Swansea City
    2008: Stoke City | West Bromwich Albion
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Fulham games cousin/best mate is a Fulham fan so will both go in family areas for those.
  • Options

Yup and Nick Pope had a blinder in one of his last games at Elland Road for us... kept a clean sheet that day, although cant remember if we won or drew
    Our record against Leeds at Elland Road is silly. We haven't lost there since 14th Oct 2000 and played 8 games since: http://cafcarchive.com/h2h/

In any case, I'll be there this season

• Options

Our record against Leeds at Elland Road is silly. We haven't lost there since 14th Oct 2000 and played 8 games since: http://cafcarchive.com/h2h/

In any case, I'll be there this season

You having a laugh Leeds addick
  • Options
    Millwank away. 
    Bowyer will have a different mindset to most. 
    I ain't seen us win there since Kim Grant done them in the snow. 
    Looking forward to three points next season. 
    Went into a boozer by South Bermondsey station before the game, it was called The Tropics.  Came out of it two hours later and it was snowing!

The people in there were a bit cold as well.