Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

King Crimson 50th Anniversary Royal Albert Hall Tonight.

Apart from me, anyone else going?

Comments

• Options
    No, but I went to see Caravan on their 50th anniversary tour last year.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I saw them last year in Bournemouth, exceedingly good!
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I looked at it but just couldn't make it work. I'm going to see if I can combine one of their US dates with business - maybe Philly in late September. I'm sure you will have a special time. 

One of my all-time favourite bands.

• Options
    I saw them last year in Bournemouth, exceedingly good!
    Like Mr Kipling's cakes?
  • Options
    Would love to see that - incredible band! Is this with the three drummer, Mel Collins and Tony Levin line-up? Saw some footage of that and it looked amazing.
  • Options
    Apart from Fripp-I’m assuming-I don’t know the line up.

i saw them about five years ago in Hackney and they had two drummers then, if they’ve now recruited a third should be amazing.
  • Options
    Yes I am there
  • Options
    Definitely 3 drummers 😁
  • Options
    Definitely 3 drummers 😁
    Sure you’re not just pissed?
  • Options
    Never seen them live and wish I had known they were in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seeing them in California in September. The best work that Fripp has done is with Daryl Hall . Sacred Songs is a massively impressive record . 
  • Options
    I saw they were offering tickets on Groupon for half-price, implying that it was nowhere near a sell-out. Is this right?
  • Options
    Wasn’t that full last night in the gods, would have been tickets to spare. We picked up tickets outside from a tout face value £75 for £60 which seemed better than paying the £8 per ticket booking fee.

understand it will be busier tonight and more or less full Thursday. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Have to say I left last nights performance disappointed, though having read an interview with Fripp in Rolling Stone https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/robert-fripp-interview-king-crimson-tour-david-bowie-kanye-west-820783/amp/  this morning it perhaps explains why so much back catalogue material was reworked.

i guess as a band they may want to be constantly evolving but as a fan, personally, I don’t want this, I want to listen to the music I’ve grown up to love as they were originally recorded, they are one of my favourite bands and have remained a constant on my musical journey.

Part of the problem is the constant changing personnel, I don’t particularly like the current singer and I don’t think he gave justice to some of the classic tracks. I did however like it when Adrian Belew was the frontman particularly on the Discipline album.

Easy Money I felt was butchered and to stick a drum solo in the middle of 21st Schizoid Man was criminal, even though he was a very good drummer.

They of course received a standing ovation but not from me.

i don’t know what your thoughts are @Alwaysneil?

• Options
    I didn’t particularly like the current singer and thought that at times three drummers drumming was too many.

Overall enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    I didn’t particularly like the current singer and thought that at times three drummers drumming was too many.

Overall enjoyed it. 
    Agree 3 drummers, 1 too many.