Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I love this sense of nervous anticipation. 
  • Options
    (SINK - Didn't see t'other thread)
  • Options
    I just wanna punch my pc listening to that idiot 
  • Options
    No deal then 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I just wanna punch my pc listening to that idiot 
    Never heard that euphemism before and it wasn't that arousing.
  • Options
    Paraphrasing the interview because I can't type fast enough:

Are you  happy to have reached a compromise? Two objectives, sign Lee Bowyer and maintain the ability to sell the club. His agent was proposing things that would increase the liability to the club and make it harder to sell.

Is it true his Agent asked for 6 times salary of last season? They formed an agreement that was very good for him but also an agreement that doesn't increase liability to the club.

Has a lot changed since yesterday?  If you are the owner of the club you have different objectives. On one hand I want to keep Lee on the other I want to sell the club. I'm happy I've combined both.

It's obvious the desire to sell the club at the back of your mind.  Does keeping Lee making it easier? The main problem for all the owners of clubs in the championship is that the average loss of clubs that are funded by rich owners is £1k per season ticket holder.

£15m a year average loss in Championship, will Charlton be one of them? Yes, we lose money. The problem is the FFP which is poorly managed, collective craziness and the problem is with the EFL to not contain the losses and limit the expenses on players. Of course the players don't have to care about the owners of the club. Owners need to get together and say we don't want to lose money. The EFL should be a key actor in doing that. That's why I wanted to sell the club to EFL because they're not doing their job properly.

How close are you to selling? That's what I really want.

Are we talking days or weeks? Unclear but certainly not days. Now we are back in the Championship there is lots of interest. It's not such an easy thing to sell a club. Lots of clubs have sold in the last decade, but that means for every new owner there is someone that wants to get out.

You've kept Bowyer to keep money down and keep the attractiveness? Yes, that's what I've done.

Roland, the fans want you out. Everyone is going to get their own way? Yes, I hope so.

Jim White back to the studio. 'You can't get much clearer than that'.
  • Options
    I wonder why Jim White never made it as a top journo?   :)