Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• Just heard Roland on Talksport.

I'm guessing Lee has a low severance threshold from the way he was speaking
  • LenGlover said:
    I don't want to p*** on anyone's 14 chips but could this be about Roland getting compensation if Lee gets the Derby job?
    If lee was getting the Derby job he would not have signed a contract. He would just wait and accept the job. 
    Exactly - you wouldn't want to cost your new employer unnecessary expense before you even started working for them. Unless you were as mad as a Roland... 
  • A friend messaged me saying he was told the current takeover is off and RD needed to appease us and hold some value in the club by signing Bowyer up for a year....

Which takeover?
    RD appease us?
    Keep value in the club maybe.....
  • edited June 2019
    I have had to come on here and recheck threads. Was yesterday a nightmare or was some prick testing my patients...they won by the way if they were.
    How can something get so bad, release a statement on the official site, be all over the national press and by 8am this morning everyone at the club is having a love in. 
    I can only put it down to two things. Either Roland is a bipolar and forget his medication yesterday leading to a bad day, or he has a twin.

As 'a bipolar' I can assure you Roland isn't. FFS.

Agreed @Arsenetatters no way does Roland endure bipolar or manic depression as I still prefer to call it, as bipolar makes it sound like your an explorer !
    Having endured the highs and terrible lows of MD before it was fashionable, only well being gave me the tools to deal with it.

Roland Duchatelet could well be on the autistic scale though as he can't communicate, has no social skills, and is obsessed with his view of the world while seemingly unaware of the consequences of his actions. Many rich people have this trait so it's not a handicap but it's a mega problem when you are the owner of a football club and need to empathize with a myriad of different people including staff and fans.

So pleased that Lee Bowyer is staying, even if many things could still change while RD is the owner.

• _MrDick said:
    I’m frigging lost for words. All I can think is that someone has had a word with him (new owners) and told him a few home truths about securing the assets prior to sale and he’s come to his senses. Let’s pray that this takeover goes through sooner rather than later. The damage this man is doing st the moment is immeasurable 
    _MrDick said:
    I’m frigging lost for words. All I can think is that someone has had a word with him (new owners) and told him a few home truths about securing the assets prior to sale and he’s come to his senses. Let’s pray that this takeover goes through sooner rather than later. The damage this man is doing st the moment is immeasurable 
    I make you right. There was a knock on effect with the players like Taylor too had Bowyer not been signed.
  • Been at work overnight. Was talking to a Rovers season ticket holder before leaving this morning and told him about Roland's antics over Bowyer's contract. He couldn't believe it after we've been promoted, he like anybody would think it's a no brainer to keep him on. Drove home still feeling pissed off. Put on Talksport when I got home and heard the news. What a relief. I can only assume that Roland is a psychopath. Like The Donald, his tactic is to go into all negotiations like a pit bull, then soften and do the deal. It may appear insane but in business it can be am effective tool. Shameful when laid out in public, but ego for such men is everything. 
  • I’m still adamant that a buyer has got involved in this. No way is this just a simple 24 hr turnaround 
    Aussies weren’t. 
  • What a relief.

Roland has either taken his medication or the prospective new owners have told him to get a grip and sort something out short term. I assume that something will also now be put in place for Jacko, Gallen and Marshall, whose contracts run out at the end of next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• On a serious note,Lee has demonstrated his loyalty to the club and its fans,I hope he is rewarded by 20000 attendancies next year,with him at the helm,this club could really go somewhere.
    It also needs money from the owner, which he has already stated will not be forthcoming.

Glad Lee has signed, it makes the statement from yesterday seem very bizarre. At least we know that even though our tightfisted owner is going to spend the bare minimum, we will have a squad out there trying to do their very best.
  • May be the argument was between RD and the "New owner" - New owner wanted Bowyer on a full new 3 year contract and RD didn't want anything to do with contracts at this point so the compromise was to do a 1 year contract?
  • Great news but it’s not an episode you can just gloss over. We need answers re wtf happened yesterday!!

I wonder if he had typed that up in case he needed it and hit ‘post’ by mistake?!
  • Dalman has put his foot down with a firm hand!!

Save us from this moron and lay the foundations down for progression!

• _MrDick said:
    Logic puts that as a potential reason. But surely if there is one thing we’ve learned about this bloke is he doesn’t listen to other people and reacts very badly to people standing up to him / telling him home truths? 

Do you really think in the space of a couple of hours someone has said something to him, Roly has said ‘fair enough’ and changed his mind? 

I dont sadly
  • edited June 2019
    He does listen though - what about after sacking Luzon. He was told not to bring in the Ice Hockey coach by his inner circle when it was about to happen. They may lick his arse but when he goes as far as he can, even they have to intervene.
  • Something doesn’t quite work out though.

That bonkers statement went out yesterday at what, 4.30?
    It now emerges that everything was done and dusted last night.

So that means after weeks of negotiations that went nowhere, two parties (both clearly angered) in different locations negotiated, agreed a deal, had a contract wrote out, reviewed by advisors and penned, with supportive quoted PR fixed up as well. All in just a few hours??
    It's amazing how quickly you can work when you only devote 2% of your time to something. 
  • No way would Bowyer sign if JJ, Gallen and Goalkeeping coach Marshall didnt have new contracts as well. There wages in the big scheme of thing will be modest by managers wages.
  • Bizarre! Then again in the world of Roland Dutchelet, we must expect such things...
  • Sponsored links:

So that means after weeks of negotiations that went nowhere, two parties (both clearly angered) in different locations negotiated, agreed a deal, had a contract wrote out, reviewed by advisors and penned, with supportive quoted PR fixed up as well. All in just a few hours??
    There haven’t been “weeks of negotiation”. As Bowyer himself said, negotiation started last week. The club’s approach has been lackadaisical to the point of insult, which is why it ended up the way it did before it got resolved.
    Can’t really call it negotiations, but Bowyer received the first ‘weird’ offer a few weeks ago. Lee said he ‘ain’t seen nothing like it’. 
  • On a serious note,Lee has demonstrated his loyalty to the club and its fans,I hope he is rewarded by 20000 attendancies next year,with him at the helm,this club could really go somewhere.
    We're not going anywhere with Roland in charge. 

There haven’t been “weeks of negotiation”. As Bowyer himself said, negotiation started last week. The club’s approach has been lackadaisical to the point of insult, which is why it ended up the way it did before it got resolved.
    Bowyer said he received a contract offer from the club on the 3rd April, that was 11 weeks ago. 
  • The Belgian madman's book on how to negotiate is sure to be a best seller.

Surely someone has had a word in his ear and suggested it's better  to keep some of the assets together prior to a sale otherwise the value drops markedly.

i just hope a sale is iminent otherwise the next 12 months are going to get a hell of a lot worse, as much as Bowyer will instill a belief and a never die attitude within a threadbare squad the Championship is quality top to bottom with the weakest 3 always being relegated.
  • I can't believe people are suggesting this was some sort of genius tactical approach from Roland.

Bowyer easily could have just walked...there and then.

Just thought "Thanks a lot! F*ck you!"

I think he contacted him to basically say what the hell are you doing and where is this going? Are you mad? Do you know the backlash you are going to receive from the fans?

I just see this as an eventual mutual agreement being made.

It was the right thing.

Bowyer may have had to regrettably pretend he was on his side for a few minutes.

It worked, at least.

Bowyers wages are not really any of our business.

Unless they are obscene, one way or the other...and it's worth reporting.