Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• Options
    Lee Lee Lee Bowyer. Over the moon!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Wasn't following the events yesterday (done a walk to Rye).  Anyway after reading Dr Kish I was feeling somewhat apprehensive so relieved that LB has signed an extension to his contract, probably the best we can hope for atm....under Roly. 
  • Options
    Thanks for signing lee what a relief the sooner  someone buys us the better. Red Henry wrong again I think that Braziliants got a point. 
    Ha ha keep feeding us news red henry👍👊🏻
  • Options
    Phew
  • Options
    It’s hard to step back from all of this when you are so invested in a club, but if you can just for one minute, you can see what a sneaky, but smart move yesterday’s statement was to help drive the outcome of a mutually acceptable deal. It could have all backfired, of course, but if the words on the page were true, it would have at the very least made our great manager reflect on the situation.

The term of the extension is no surprise, is not sufficient reward for the efforts of a successful young manager, but will hopefully do until such a time that an owner invested in the growth and success of our club comes around... Here’s hoping/praying!

Thank you Lee Bowyer for sticking with us and tolerating all of these shenanigans. Your resilience is unquestionable and we will be right behind you, all the way! Up the Championship Addicks
  • Options
    Well done Lee... Great news. 
  • Options
    Never a dull moment at Charlton!  Can't wait for Airman's book on the Roland years when we find out what really went on behind the scenes.  I expect it's even crazier than it looks from the outside.

Anyway, onward and upward with Bowyer!
  • Options
    Hope Bauer and Aribo follow bowyer in signing new deals not all about money we got momentum with bowyer last season.we could easily do a Southampton or Sheffield Utd and have consecutive promotions.If only our owner could see it. to worried about losing a few quid of his billion. 
  • Options
    What is telling is it is obvious Roland didn't write the piece on the website. 
    That statement was straight from the horse's mouth mate 

I meant the current, well written non ranting piece confirming Bowyer has signed.
    Why would anyone think any different? I thought what you meant was blindingly obvious Muttley? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Somebody should remove RD's access to the website.
  • Options
    If only we had a charlton tie I die documentary, would love to see how this all played out. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:
    RD: Stability is essential 

We know that you idiot, which is why your statement yesterday was so bloody ridiculous. 
    Which is why Bowyer has only been given a year...?
    Spot on, people seem to be missing this. Obviously this is better news than yesterday but I’m not sure it’s good news given the short term of the contract. 
    Only reason I can imagine is that Roland fully doesnt intend to be here in a year... Last year though he was slow to make Bowyer permanent manager because he didnt think he'd have to. Same again this season, he didnt sort out contracts for anyone because he didnt think he had to, fully expecting groundhog day to come around in June 2020 with this!!
    I can see why Roland would offer a 12 month deal, I’m very surprised that Bowyer would accept.

I'm hoping Bowyer is looking at the 'end game' he signs 12 month deal, JJ and SG also stay......RD goes and then all 3 work for a sensible owner and all agree long term deals and are allowed to build something special
  • Options
    Scott Parker signed a 5 year contract #justsaying

That said I'm delighted that he has signed and hope it means he will actually be staying.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    With Roland there's always a sting in the tail. I can see Lyle being sold to fund Lee's contract/piss off the fans.
  • Options
    Only @ CAFC can this happen-  brilliant news , well done LB - whatever you got you deserve at least double...
  • Options
    I'm still stunned from yesterday's statement. Huge relief this morning, happy Lee's here for another year. 
    Supporting this club has never been easy and I'm afraid until he sells this isn't the last time we'll be scratching our heads thinking WTF just happened!!! 
  • Options
    Well done to the comms team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once more Roland has put it out there for all to see what a complete dickhead he is and that he's completely unfit to "run/own" a football club.

Sadly the EFL will see this and just shrug their shoulders yet again.
  • Options
    Other things going on today with another Charlton stalwart that have also taken up a huge chunk of my thoughts and emotions.
    When I saw this thread I just had a few tears in my eyes believe it or not, stressful time for me today, like being on a roller coaster.....my emotions are certainly stretched, that’s for sure!
    Regarding that more personal Addicks related note, I’m looking for some other good news of a very different nature later on today.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Thank f....
    Something so simple made unbelievably difficult. 
    Let’s hope the new owners were the force for ‘reconciliation’, as others have said. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Errr... What?

Charlton Athletic owner Roland Duchatelet said: “What Lee has achieved in his short time at the club is very impressive. He has united the club once again. 

“I would like to thank Lee for his professionalism during this process.
    While the negotiations have been ongoing, he has continued to work on building a squad for the club’s Championship campaign. Stability is essential and I am very pleased we now have the best man in place to lead us forward next season.”

Either Roland has some form of dementia where he cant remember what happened yesterday or he was seriously on the lash!!
    Nope
    roly’s Just a mendacious deluded scumbag devoid of credibility
  • Options
    I don't want to p*** on anyone's 14 chips but could this be about Roland getting compensation if Lee gets the Derby job?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I don't want to p*** on anyone's 14 chips but could this be about Roland getting compensation if Lee gets the Derby job?
    Nah why would Lee sign, why would he care about compensation? 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Don't reckon so. If that was going to be the case I don't think this whole saga would have happened.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    If lee was getting the Derby job he would not have signed a contract. He would just wait and accept the job. 
  • Options
    Anybody giving Roland credit has not been paying attention over the years. That rant yesterday would not have persuaded Bowyer to sign, but may have persuaded somebody to persuade Roland to back down. Let's be honest, if you were advising Roland given the circumstances, and cared about him rather than the club, you would be telling him that yesterday was not a good idea!