Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• Options
    Roland has to take one of the more than decent offers he has received and walk now. We all know what happened yesterday and it must have proven his time is up.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:
    RD: Stability is essential 

We know that you idiot, which is why your statement yesterday was so bloody ridiculous. 
    Which is why Bowyer has only been given a year...?
    Spot on, people seem to be missing this. Obviously this is better news than yesterday but I’m not sure it’s good news given the short term of the contract. 
    Only reason I can imagine is that Roland fully doesnt intend to be here in a year... Last year though he was slow to make Bowyer permanent manager because he didnt think he'd have to. Same again this season, he didnt sort out contracts for anyone because he didnt think he had to, fully expecting groundhog day to come around in June 2020 with this!!
  • Options
    Worth more with Bowyer at Helm 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:

We know that you idiot, which is why your statement yesterday was so bloody ridiculous. 
    Spot on, people seem to be missing this. Obviously this is better news than yesterday but I’m not sure it’s good news given the short term of the contract. 
    New owners won't want to come in and have to pay off a 3 year contract if incumbent manager underperforms/ won't adopt their mantra/ they want to bring in their own man.

Would be my guess. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Obviously very happy, but this is a really weird situation. Interesting that it’s still only a one year deal.
    Guess its incase we have new owners that may want there own guy in charge 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought they’d reach agreement. Bowyer clearly loves it at Charlton, and changing clubs right now would have been a risk. After the final I’m sure he was already thinking about next season. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:

Maybe it is a logical thing to do with regards to the club being up for sale? If / when anyone does take over, hopefully it gets ripped up and he gets 3 years, but at lest we know Bowyer will not be anywhere else next season.
  • Options
    While this is excellent news, I am very confused, which is my normal state regarding Charlton these days. Roland can't bugger off soon enough
  • Options
    Great news! I hope the one year contract is only because he (RD) hopes to be gone soon and have sold the club, leaving Lee to pen a longer one with the next owners.
    I wonder who 'wrote' this sensible piece after yesterday's idiocy??? Thank you, who ever you are. 
  • Options
    WTF!!! Good news, lets hope there's more to follow...
  • Options
    I guess the end justifies the means - but seriously! We don’t do normal do we?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:

Only reason I can imagine is that Roland fully doesnt intend to be here in a year... Last year though he was slow to make Bowyer permanent manager because he didnt think he'd have to. Same again this season, he didnt sort out contracts for anyone because he didnt think he had to, fully expecting groundhog day to come around in June 2020 with this!!
    I can see why Roland would offer a 12 month deal, I’m very surprised that Bowyer would accept.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to think that our reaction played a part in this. Somebody close to Roland or a potential buyer may have tapped him on the shoulder. I would imagine Roland has found more money and taken the hit as it is only for a year. 
    Hopefully only for a few weeks at most...
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be boring if we did stuff the simple way and this was done and dusted back in January.
  • Options
    Hopefully this means JJ and Marshall have signed new deals as well 
  • Options
    The Helmet makes it interesting at least.
  • Options
    Let's not forget that Roland could see or it was pointed out to him that some people were going to come after him. I don't advocate it because it is illegal but the graffiti (not done by Charlton fans) targeting business associates of his shows how much damage can be done to him. Why go there for a couple of hundred grand?
  • Options
    What is telling is it is obvious Roland didn't write the piece on the website. 
    You don't get much wrong Muttley but who else would write that ?

Sue Parkes !
  • Options
    I have had to come on here and recheck threads. Was yesterday a nightmare or was some prick testing my patients...they won by the way if they were.
    How can something get so bad, release a statement on the official site, be all over the national press and by 8am this morning everyone at the club is having a love in. 
    I can only put it down to two things. Either Roland is a bipolar and forget his medication yesterday leading to a bad day, or he has a twin.
  • Options
    Roland’s motive is probably compensation when Derby come sniffing.