Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**BREAKING NEWS (AGAIN) Lee Bowyer signs new contract**

Comments

• Options
    For at least two years Duchatelet has been swimming against the tide of opinion anger and venom of 95% of Charlton fans and pretty much every neutral bystander who has shown any interest in our plight. Even Simon Jordan that well known Charlton fan showed sympathy and support. He hires and fires on a whim and holds the opinion of a twelve year old FIFA game player sitting in his bedroom over and above the opinions of seasoned professional football people. He hasn’t shown interest in the team, fans or club enough to watch a game in four years including a Wembley final. He’s refused to pay a promised bonus to a hard working and largely decimated workforce and bizarrely called for the EFL to buy the club. He pfaffed and fannied around with our managers contract to the point of publishing a farewell Lee statement.

Does anyone really think that this unstable, arguable lunatic would change his view and double his offer within just a few hours on the basis that the clubs one manned phone line was red hot for an hour before close of business with angry and incredulous supporters threatening to return season tickets they ought not to have bought in the first place. 

I think anyone who who thinks this was significant is as mad as Duchatelet is ;0)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ...The reason he goes on Jim White’s show is also because he’s trying to improve his public image...
    2 observations - Talksport's listenership is tiny.  All their programs that aren't live commentary are dreadful bilge.
    Yet more proof of roly's pathetic delusion.
    polishing turds is pointless at the best of time, polishing a turd with more ordure is the perfect allegory for the rat's football business acumen. We should add coprofiliac to his list of characteristics.
    Not all that tiny, and what he says to JW gets picked up and repeated all over the shop. 
    Yep, many of the Sports hacks, working from home, will listen for topics that they can then write about themselves.

Plus all the free-lancers, wanna-bees and the social media information ITKs. :smile:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bow & JJ with Gallen as DoF will lead us to the Prem, just watch.
    Who gets to be the owner as part of the dream team? :)
  • Options
    Well if Roland has turned into this snowflake being portrayed and withers in front of a tirade of anger from us fans then I suggest we get shirty and deluge the switchboard and ask for our money back on season tickets because of the insulting and derisory budget given to Bowyer. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Redhenry said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Can somebody paste the newsshopper stuff please, its usually just clickbait

Here you go, Red Henry ...... lifted from the News Hopper site:

"Charlton’s plans for life in the Championship have not been affected by Lee Bowyer contract fiasco according to the manager.

The 42-year-old agreed a one-year extension with The Addicks less than 24hours after a Club statement from owner Roland Duchatelet revealing a deal had failed to be reached.

Bowyer, currently on holiday in France, admitted he was unaware of the released statement before coming to an agreement.

Speaking to TALKsport on Tuesday the former Newcastle Untied, West Ham and Leeds United midfielder turned his focus on the season ahead as he looks to build a squad capable of competing in the Championship.

“I’m delighted,” he said.

“It’s been a long process. I was hoping it would have got settled a lot sooner than it has but the main thing is that we’ve agreed I’ll be in charge next season we can all move on.

“The Championship is going to be difficult, I’m not going to lie.

“We’ve got the players lined up and we’ll bring them in before pre-season.

“Time wise, it’s knocked it back a little bit but it’s not going to effect it.

“I’m going to be straight and honest, it’s going to be difficult.

“We’ll have the lowest budget, there’s no hiding that.

“But I do believe that the team spirit we’ll have, the fans behind us like they came back last season, everything at the club came together again, we’ll carry that on into next season.

“We’ll have momentum.

“We’ll bring in players that will improve us and I think we’ll surprise teams. “We were a good side last season and I think we’ll be a better side next season with the players we’re looking to bring in.

“I’m excited, it’s going to be a big challenge, it’s going to be difficult.

“But I think we’ll be OK.”

News Shopper

READ:

Charlton owner Duchatelet on Bowyer contract extension

READ:

Charlton manager Lee Bowyer signs one-year contract extension

Duchatelet revealed he thought Bowyer’s agents demands were excessive and that offering him the contract he wanted would’ve made the club an ‘unattractive’ proposition for potential buyers.

News Shopper

'I'm not greedy'

Bowyer quashed the notions his demands were ‘greedy’ and that the agreement between both parties was a ‘win-win’ situation.

“I’m not greedy, it’s not just all about money.

“I want to stay at the club, I love the club.

“It’s perfect for me, I started there as a kid, worked well there last season, we both did.

“I didn’t want to just walk away from something that we had done.

“Negotiations, it is what it is

“The club want to pay a certain fee. I wanted a certain fee. That’s the way it is in any job.

“But the most important thing is that we’ve come to an agreement.”

When Bowyer's finished in football, he's got a future in the diplomatic corps.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    So are people now going to re-buy the season tickets they sent back yesterday?
    Give it a rest 
    Don't under-estimate the potential impact the season-ticket reaction  may have had on Duchatelet's about-turn.
    Reaction from fans has been stated as the reason for Roland’s about turn in quite a few of the press reports. I’ve heard that he is more sensitive to negative publicity that you might think, and was clearly hoping that the Wembley win might have got supporters on his side. 

But his failure to deal with the Directors’ loans over the last 18 months, his putting up the sale price after promotion, despite promising not to do so, and his attempt to smear Bowyer as greedy, have had the opposite effect. I’m not sure if anyone actually did return their season tickets for a refund, but you can only think that people doing so wouldn’t have helped. 

He knows selling the club before the end of June is key, so let’s hope he’ll help make it happen. 
    So we think that after talks between Lee and Shitbag broke down and after issuing that statement that Duchatelet spent the next couple of hours trawling through fans forums looking at the reaction of the fans ? It’s possible one or two of his minions might have had a peek and phoned the boss but cause enough for Roland to do a complete u turn and get on the blower to Bowyer and double his offer.

Not buying it. He changed his mind sure enough but fans reaction over a couple of hours didn’t do it. Would love to know what did.
    He’s become hugely concerned about his public image recently, according to a very good source, and is genuinely feeling the pressure, I promise you. Also, it doesn’t get in the Times or Guardian without there being at least some truth in it.

It wasn’t just the pressure of those two or three hours that did it, it was the buildup of pressure over the last couple of weeks, with an absolute deluge after the statement on the website calling Bowyer greedy. The publicity about that was on a different scale, so not a question of minions scouring the forums at all. 

It’s not just forums, but yes, they’re aware of what gets in national newspapers in particular, as well as what appears on Twitter. The reason he goes on Jim White’s show is also because he’s trying to improve his public image. There were some comments on here that some of what he said made sense, so it can be effective. 
    It’s possible that potential owners have had a word as well, but I think you’re underestimating the value of the constant pressure from the fans that gets reported in the press. 

imo he would have had a lot more to worry about than his public image 
  • Options
    Thanks for the Newsshopper @Oggy Red
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I find it amazing that six weeks from the start of the season, we have no shirt sponsor (or provider?). This is potentially millions to our budget, which could impinge on what LB had to spend. Have we even got anyone competent on board to negotiate?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

• Options
    I find it amazing that six weeks from the start of the season, we have no shirt sponsor (or provider?). This is potentially millions to our budget, which could impinge on what LB had to spend. Have we even got anyone competent on board to negotiate?
    Nope
  • Options
    Airman Brown reported the new shirt sponsor firm and new catering firm were at Wembley.

Who they are I've no idea.

I think the reason they haven't been announced is just incompetence from De Turck but who knows with this shambles.

Hummel are still the shirt manufacturers.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Airman Brown reported the new shirt sponsor firm and new catering firm were at Wembley.

I think the reason they haven't been announced is just incompetence from De Turck but who knows with this shambles.

@Henry Irving did Hummel consult the museum this year about the design of the new shirt?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

@Henry Irving did Hummel consult the museum this year about the design of the new shirt?
    Yes, @cafc999 was our shirt design man this year.
  • Options
    The whole infrastructure needs improving at Cafc which it surely will if a new Owner/consortium can bring  business acumen which can dovetail with the football nous we already have with Bowyer, Gallen, JJ and Euell.
    There are still good people employed by Cafc, Tracey Leaburn is a prime example, and I would like to hope that a new dynamic CEO can coalesce the skills needed to run a successful team off the pitch and give support and understanding to Bowyer and Gallen on football matters.

Even a budget which was 19 or 20th in the Championship would give Lee a chance to not only emulate Rotherham by getting promotion from Wembley after going out in the semis the year before but may stop us emulating Rotherham last season as well !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Why does this tweet not load on your post... Almost shit myself.
  • Options
    Let’s hope this doesn’t become a distraction 
  • Options
    So Lieven de Turkey is still around then ..
  • Options
    Are they really calling Neil Harris 'Chopper'
  • Options
    I predicted this. I think it is a good sign.
  • Options
    I predicted this. I think it is a good sign.
    Perhaps the new Director has firmly told Roland of Lee Bowyer's worth to the club?

• Options
    If Roland wants to get rid of us and get his money back (or some / most of it) the most sensible thing he could do would extend Lees contract and give him a proper transfer budget.

We can’t have the shenanigans of this summer happening again.