Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim White backing Roland on Talksport, Tuesday the 18th of June 2019

Comments

• Options
    RD is going to own us for the very long forseeable future, let's see if an announcement is made on website about latest takeover updates!!
  • Options
    if he has accused Sean Harvey of munilaplteing the vote then surley that can go legal? 
  • Options
    if he has accused Sean Harvey of munilaplteing the vote then surley that can go legal? 
    Was just thinking that, although i didn't bother listening. Anyone got a transcript or recording?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I’m pretty sure Dalman knows the pitfalls of running a football club.

I don’t think there’s anything there to scare him except the asking price and possibly the make up of the deal that the idiot wants....so YES you can sell the club.
  • Options
    I think there are two separate points. The first is Roland can sell the club but he wants too much for it. That is the main point. And we can't be deflected from that because he lies about it. We have had it announced in the Standard recently that there was a £30m offer on the table FFS. There is a secondary point and that is financially the professional game in this country is broken. Largely due to the greed of the Premier League. The EFL should be much harder on FFP in terms of maintaining the sustainability of its clubs and we are seeing clubs in real danger now, but I would blame many clubs as much as the EFL. When the EFL threatens to take action against clubs they threaten to sue them!

There is not much Roland can do about the secondary point so he should just sell at the price people are willing to pay!
  • Options
    Roland has obviously convinced himself that he can get even luckier in the Championship than he did in League 1.  This clearly isn't going to end well.
  • Options
    Can someone explain what voting process he believes has been rigged? Is it in regards to FFP?
  • Options

I have about as much time for Jim White as I do for Roland Duchâtelet and slightly less for the intellectual Simon Jordan.

Tossers the three of them. 

• Options
    So a bloke that already helped run another english club as chairman (Cardiff)....pulls out of the deal....because of the EFL.

He is just about to sign on the dotted line....but then, just out of nowhere, he sees things.

He slowly walks up to the bizarre visual presence of something....that he cannot quite understand.

It is Richard Murrary ....the FM kid and the bloke with white hair all saying....

"We are staying....otherwise, no deal".

Then, it's a no deal situation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    if you can't sell you moron, give Bowyer a few bob to build a decent team that might, just might, get the club into the Premier League.

• Options
    Can someone explain what voting process he believes has been rigged? Is it in regards to FFP?
    I am guessing, but I would imagine there are more clubs trying to live within their means than the reckless Premiership or bust ones who resist FFP so why is a very strong FFP system not in place?
  • Options
    Starting to like Simon Jordan more and more every time i listen to him laying into Roland and calling him out on his utter shit.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    So he says the EFL are putting people off and it is hard to attract buyers, well it is even harder when you keep blaming everyone but yourself especially on national radio.  Admit your errors and take a fair price.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    We are hearing from buyers that they see him as the problem. That is why it is a shame Prague couldn't share the details of Roland the crazy seller that could be out there in the public domain to embarrass him and used against him in interviews such as that today.
  • Options
    Yes, I think it is.  There was a vote about that after he bought the club, which watered down the proposed FFP conditions, which were evidently a foundation of his business plan to make money by using the Academy as a player farm.

Thing is, I very much doubt if he attended any meetings about that in person - he would surely have been represented by CEO KM.  And we all know how well she would have understood the football business, or indeed any business, especially in those early days.  Goodness knows what she reported back to RD about the process!
  • Options
    Starting to like Simon Jordan more and more every time i listen to him laying into Roland and calling him out on his utter shit.
    To be honest take the place connection away and he is likeable in that he talks sense. He also has openly admitted his mistakes and why he failed at Palace. Roland take note someone admits they was wrong. 
  • Options
    Sounds like we're up s**t creek with no paddle in sight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For something that he only gives 2% of his time too , he certainly likes his voice heard freqently on talkshit.
    30 minutes is almost exactly 2% of a day.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I have about as much time for Jim White as I do for Roland Duchâtelet and slightly less for the intellectual Simon Jordan.

He’s the only geeza talking any sense on the matter whether you like it or not, the only person to ever pushed RD directly on the whys and why nots and told him he’s wrong, delusional and dishonest.

If Roland had any idea who Jordan was or his past record in football ownership he could shut him up in an instant.

These double header red top radio shows are all a bit good cop bad cop and on to the next topic. Unless you are a Talksport listener there is little or no chance you even know the names of these people and their shows let alone Wednesday morning 11 am slot, unless of course you read on a forum like this. The world is a big place and Talksport is a very small part of it so much so they might as well be internet bloggers.

• Options

He’s the only geeza talking any sense on the matter whether you like it or not, the only person to ever pushed RD directly on the whys and why nots and told him he’s wrong, delusional and dishonest.

If Roland had any idea who Jordan was or his past record in football ownership he could shut him up in an instant.

These double header red top radio shows are all a bit good cop bad cop and on to the next topic. Unless you are a Talksport listener there is little or no chance you even know the names of these people and their shows let alone Wednesday morning 11 am slot, unless of course you read on a forum like this. The world is a big place and Talksport is a very small part of it so much so they might as well be internet bloggers.

Understand the scepticism but surely you’ll agree some people are better than others on shows like talksport?  Some like the limelight, attention and the chance to build up their empire (Jim White).  And others give opinions based on their experiences (Simon Jordan in this instance).
  • Options
    if you can't sell you moron, give Bowyer a few bob to build a decent team that might, just might, get the club into the Premier League.

This. Its one thing moaning about not being able to sell & the other giving your manager adequate tools to do the job. 
  • Options

*Tuesday Morning
  • Options

This. Its one thing moaning about not being able to sell & the other giving your manager adequate tools to do the job. 
    Absolutely. Just makes no sense to me.