Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MARK LAWRENSON

Comments

• I think the commentators all talk too much, maybe because they learnt their trade on the radio. All I really want to know is the name of the player in possession and maybe the odd, relevant fact. The summariser should give some tactical insight every ten minutes or so. And not make crap jokes.
  • I liked some of Roy Keane's contribution - subtitles on of course for him and Carragher

:)
  • There are far too many Scots, Irish and Welsh 'pundits' on the BBC, not only in sports but right across the entire broadcasting spectrum. There are also far too many 'foreigners' commenting on matters English The Scots especially have always talked a good sporting fight. Let them be kept on ice for games involving the Scots and lets have more Englishmen commenting. Last night on 5Live there was a Scots woman interviewing Italian fans in London at 1/2 time. I am not interested in the thoughts of a few Waiters, dossers and 'students' of Italian extraction, I wanted more comments from English people, the people who pay the high price which the BBC demands from its captive audience.
    The modern globalised world must be very painful for you.
    I find comments like yours to be somewhat painful .. you sarcastic twit
  • The bloke is a proper helmet
  • he is a top grade toolstroker
  • There are far too many Scots, Irish and Welsh 'pundits' on the BBC, not only in sports but right across the entire broadcasting spectrum. There are also far too many 'foreigners' commenting on matters English The Scots especially have always talked a good sporting fight. Let them be kept on ice for games involving the Scots and lets have more Englishmen commenting. Last night on 5Live there was a Scots woman interviewing Italian fans in London at 1/2 time. I am not interested in the thoughts of a few Waiters, dossers and 'students' of Italian extraction, I wanted more comments from English people, the people who pay the high price which the BBC demands from its captive audience.
    The modern globalised world must be very painful for you.
    I find comments like yours to be somewhat painful .. you sarcastic twit
    You and Mark Lawrenson must get on like a house on fire.

Detest the guy, thinks his shit smells of roses and can't help chipping in with a few nasty comments every so often. I feel sorry for Guy Mowbray who I actually think is a very competent commentator, certainly better than Clive "GERRARRRRRRRRD!!!!" Tyldesley and Andy Townsend doesnt have a clue what hes on about either. I definitley prefer the BBC coverage as I also can't stand Adrian Chiles who just seems to be exactly like a sun reader who won the chance to present football coverage on itv.

Also, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDCQLVILuH4

• Top Ten Crap Footy Commentators/Pundits of All Time

1. Manish What-ever-his-name is with the blinky eyes (Football league show)who should be restricted to talking about Crufts
    2. Mark Lawrensen (BBC)who has become so camp over the years he sounds like a northern drag queen.
    3. Andy "bleeding obvious" Townsend (ITV) for the most banal and anodyne observations in modern broadcasting.
    4. Steve "worn rug for hair" Claridge (BBC)- should be banned purely on the grounds of his hair and Millwall connections.
    5. Alan "the defending is abysmal" Hansen- been doing it so long in those nylon black shirts he has become a characature of himself.
    6. Andy Gray (FL Manager) for criticising my efforts.
    7. Err sorry bored of this already..someone else take over...

• Top Ten footy commentators/pundits of all time

1. The late Brian Moore (ITV -The Big Match)- great communicator who actually enjoyed the sport of football.
    2. Ken Wostenholme ("they think its all over") now we just wish it was or turn the sound down.
    3. Des Lynam (a legend)
    4. Jonathan Pearce (not that good but far too good for the BBC)
    5. John Motson
    6. Brian Clough (as pundit on England v Poland)
    7. The late Sir Bobby Robson- so passionate about the England games he shed tears as he offered his comments.
    8. David Coleman (Two-nil)
    9. No-on Sky
    10 Err that's it.
  • Lawro talks out of his bollocks - he was always slating us when we was in the Premier League.
  • Agreed - there was no one better than Brian Moore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed - there was no one better than Brian Moore.
    NOT the ex England hooker .. he's another blabbering twit
  • edited June 2012
    Agreed - there was no one better than Brian Moore.
    NOT the ex England hooker .. he's another blabbering twit
    Erm no. Not that Brian Moore.

This Brian Moore introducing a Charlton goal as goal of the season.

http://youtu.be/pTMsFfkTWaA

• Top Ten footy commentators/pundits of all time

1. The late Brian Moore (ITV -The Big Match)- great communicator who actually enjoyed the sport of football.
    2. Ken Wostenholme ("they think its all over") now we just wish it was or turn the sound down.
    3. Des Lynam (a legend)
    4. Jonathan Pearce (not that good but far too good for the BBC)
    5. John Motson
    6. Brian Clough (as pundit on England v Poland)
    7. The late Sir Bobby Robson- so passionate about the England games he shed tears as he offered his comments.
    8. David Coleman (Two-nil)
    9. No-on Sky
    10 Err that's it.
    No Barry Davies but John Motson at 5? You sir are wrong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgXbz8F_nLw
  • Hugh Johns was the best commentator.

Lawrenson and Mowbray were twatting on about moles at one point.

Should get Alan Partridge to commentate on the red button.
  • I'm a Ken Wolstenholme man .. who can forget his immortal statement during Ingerland v Germany in '66 .. 'For you, some people zink ze var, I meen ze games ist over .. it ist now'
  • Barry Davies was brilliant.

"Ohhhh nooo!"
  • everyone seems to have forgotten the great john barnes on c5
  • During this tournament I've found I'd much rather watch the BBC - Mark Lawrenson and all. Really cannot stand Adrian Chiles.
  • Barry Davis was a whiner and winger and couldn't hold a light to John Motson.
    Literally the worst thing I have read on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to bring it back on thread Mark Lawrenson, and I measure my words carefully, is a cock...thats all from me
  • I just thank the powers that be that the walking cliché that is Harryeffing Redknapp seems to have been moved off the sofa.
  • A lot less camp without his 'tache.
  • Never tire of seeing that Golden Goal. Hope Paddy put the divots back after the game though.
  • Disrespectfully called Diamanti a West Ham reject! I don't think commentators should be saying things like that over the air. The silence from him was deafening when Diamanti coolly slotted in the winning penalty.
  • i like watching the football on bbc

lawrenson is a proper helmet tho.
    Literally the worst thing I have read on here
    I'm "literately" chuffed about that.
  • During this tournament I've found I'd much rather watch the BBC - Mark Lawrenson and all. Really cannot stand Adrian Chiles.
    Have no idea how Chiles keeps getting work, he's an amateur and has struggled on more than 1 occasion to keep the conversation going before a match over the last couple of weeks. All you have to do is talk about football for 45 minutes Adrian.
  • Sky used to have a facility where you could just have the crowd noise, no commentators at all! I got excited when the red button popped up with "select commentry" or whatever it said thinking that BBC had brought it back.
    Sadly not
    Barry Davies always gave me the impression that he didn't like football.