Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I thought it was a really good header yesterday, (good cross from Prattley) and to score against Leeds and Fulham within a week show he’s got something about him.

As people say needs to keep working really hard, proving us all wrong and take good advice from the coaching staff, I hope he can keep it going because if we’re all being honest, we didn’t expect much from him this season, hope he overtakes Lyles goals tally whilst Lyles out to give Lyle a run for his money.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bonne and Taylor up top will happen eventually.
    Will be excited when it happens... those two could create hell for defences

Especially when challenging in the air
    Aneke playing just behind them too if we decided to play longer, could be a beastly front 3
    Am slightly disappointed by Aneke - Not so much his performances so far but thought he'd be quite a quick player

If he was then he'd be absolutely lethal, injuries and impressive performances from Williams / Gallagher have meant it difficult for him so far though
  • Options
    I thought it was a really good header yesterday, (good cross from Prattley) and to score against Leeds and Fulham within a week show he’s got something about him.

As people say needs to keep working really hard, proving us all wrong and take good advice from the coaching staff, I hope he can keep it going because if we’re all being honest, we didn’t expect much from him this season, hope he overtakes Lyles goals tally whilst Lyles out to give Lyle a run for his money.
    I thought the good cross was Foster-Caskey.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I thought the good cross was Foster-Caskey.
    JFC crossed to Solly in build up to 1st goal, Pratters chipped the ball for MB to score.
  • Options
    There was one moment when he had the ball at his feet and put a cross out of play that he looked a bit non league. Everything else he did was championship standard. 
    Reckon he'll develop into a regular championship starter over the next few years. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Aneke playing just behind them too if we decided to play longer, could be a beastly front 3
    4-3-1-2

Williams Cullen Gallagher
    ————Aneke
    ———Taylor Bonne
  • Options
    Or simply a 3-4-3

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Williams Cullen Pratley Gallagher
    Taylor Aneke Bonne
  • Options
    That team would get absolutely demolished down the wings...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

4-3-1-2

Williams Cullen Gallagher
    ————Aneke
    ———Taylor Bonne
    I know lots like Aneke on here.  All I would say is that Bowyer hasn't given him one start in the league.  I believe he was great at Barnsley and Reading; I didn't go to those games and hence I haven't seen him do much, bar his goal against Stoke, which was well taken.

For what it is worth, my starting 11 when everyone is fit would be:

Phillips

Solly, Lockyer, Pearce, Page/ Purrington,

Field/Pratley

Cullen, Gallagher

Williams,

Taylor, Bonne/ Leko.  
  • Options
    That team would get absolutely demolished down the wings...
     But it would dominate most in the centre and up top.

Go with the old "score one more than you"
  • Options
    I see that Conner has said that Bonne told him to run in behind him next time, which he did and picked up the header that went straight too him in the build up to the first goal.

Shows he has a bit about him to me.

I think he has made a great start to his career with us, and he may push Leko out of starting when Taylor returns at the rate he is developing.

Has to be said though, Bows and his team can really develop players and Galleon can find the raw materials. Please let us be bought out quickly.
  • Options
    Underwhelmed to say the least.

Championship club signing someone who was non league last season, but what do u expect under Roland.

I may be wrong and he may be class, but just because he scored goals at non league, doesnt mean he will smash them in at Championship level.

No doubt him and Lyle will be our only 2 strikers next season as well.

Really hope I am wrong

He hasnt played much but I am already happy to eat Humble Pie.

Early signs show he is Championship ready and I was wrong to be underwhelmed
    Yup I was wrong 3 in 4 now, cant wait to see him and Taylor upfront together
    I dont think Bowyer expected him to do this well; only scores against big teams too!!

That partnership between him and Taylor is something Im really looking forward to seeing

2nd choice Striker behind Taylor for me now
  • Options
    first half (admittedly I missed first 15 ) he looked quality and top notch 
    second half not so good 
    but there is no doubting his hunger for it 
    bonne nuit 
  • Options
    first half (admittedly I missed first 15 ) he looked quality and top notch 
    second half not so good 
    but there is no doubting his hunger for it 
    bonne nuit 
    Didn't see the game but given his effort in recent games, he was probably tiring plus the y would have worked on closing him out of the game second half.
  • Options
    Looking better and better! Well done, young man. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He looks like a great prospect and 3 in 4 (officially at least) when the opposition was so strong on paper is very impressive.

How do you pronounce Bonne’s name ? I thought it was “Bon” but the guy on Sky just said “Boon”
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    He looks like a great prospect and 3 in 4 (officially at least) when the opposition was so strong on paper is very impressive.

How do you pronounce Bonne’s name ? I thought it was “Bon” but the guy on Sky just said “Boon”
    I've heard Bon, Bonnay, Bonner not Boon before lol
  • Options
    JJ referred to him as Bon (on Thursday).
  • Options
    Good article in the programme yesterday, Really interesting to see the fitness leap he's had to make, when he arrived he was being lapped by Darren Pratley!