Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play off final referee - Andy Madley

Just seen that our play off final referee against Sunderland, Andy Madley has been promoted to the Premier league this evening. Must admit thought he had a very good game. As well as that the linesman on the side of our winning goal and the 4th official have been promoted to the Premier league. Makes sense why they was given the biggest game of the play offs 😉

Comments

• Any relation to Bobby?
  • Any relation to Bobby?
    Yes mate it's his brother. Believe he got the sack at the end of last season. Now living and refereeing in Norway! 
  • I assume the 4th official got promoted for managing to deal with Bowyer in his ear all game 😂😂
  • Just seen that our play off final referee against Sunderland, Andy Madley has been promoted to the Premier league this evening. Must admit thought he had a very good game. As well as that the linesman on the side of our winning goal and the 4th official have been promoted to the Premier league. Makes sense why they was given the biggest game of the play offs 😉
    We'll see you again in 2020/21 Andy

After you've been demoted back to the EFL.
  • Thought he was awful, allowed countless professional fouls in the first half, then booked Sarr because it was right by the box:  A booking was fine, but letting off Sunderland players for professional fouls stopping counter-attacks were definite bookings too.  Then in the second half dangerous play, and tackles going through the back of players were just free kicks.  He only gave Sunderland players yellow cards in the final 30 minutes.  
  • ColinTat said:
    Thought he was awful, allowed countless professional fouls in the first half, then booked Sarr because it was right by the box:  A booking was fine, but letting off Sunderland players for professional fouls stopping counter-attacks were definite bookings too.  Then in the second half dangerous play, and tackles going through the back of players were just free kicks.  He only gave Sunderland players yellow cards in the final 30 minutes.  
    So you’d rather a 7 a side game then ? 
  • Didnt really have much to do all game I felt... Didnt impose himself and allowed the game to flow as much as he could

Now we're in the Championship I'm curious to see if / when we'll get the first Australian referee down the Valley as Jarred Gillett has come over from the A-League
  • I thought he had a very good game at Wembley.
    No reason why he shouldn't do a good job in the premier league.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought a defining point was when Pratley dealt with the dickhead doing keepy-uppys.

It was clear, that Sunderland were time wasting, even though the game was only 10 minutes in. Yes, Pratley deserved at least a yellow card, but time wasting is an offence as well. He had 2 choices. He had to punish both, or punish neither. By punishing neither, he was trying to make sure the game finished with 11 a side.

Nothing wrong with that IMO...
  • I didn't really notice him which is the sign of a good ref.
  • Overall,I thought he had a very good game but why did he allow Cattermole to foul relentlessly without any warning or card?
  • ColinTat said:
    Thought he was awful, allowed countless professional fouls in the first half, then booked Sarr because it was right by the box:  A booking was fine, but letting off Sunderland players for professional fouls stopping counter-attacks were definite bookings too.  Then in the second half dangerous play, and tackles going through the back of players were just free kicks.  He only gave Sunderland players yellow cards in the final 30 minutes.  

I agree with the fact that he didn't start getting harsh on Sunderland players to the latter end of the game. But having watched the whole game again since I now think he was generally good.
  • Overall,I thought he had a very good game but why did he allow Cattermole to foul relentlessly without any warning or card?
    To be fair, he let Pratley do the same.
  • edited June 2019
    I thought he did OK .. when I dared say this to my good mate standing next to me, he almost exploded with .. 'rage he's a %£"!(*&% ' UNQUOTE .. well it's all a game of opinions