Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What could we do if Bowyer leaves ?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2019
    This really is a case of the stubborn old scrote taking brinkmanship to the limit, holding out like a game of poker in the hope that a sale is done on his terms so that he doesn't have to shell out more on contracts. It could very likely backfire on him once again but he doesn't give a toss and can afford to take the hit for the sake of his ego Aaarrgghh! JSTC&FRO
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Oops wrong thread. First sign of madness is talking to yourself, second sign is answering back :blush:
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Jodaius said:
    But every week at 3:01. 
    Except that after the first time the EFL will order games played behind closed doors. 
    At least Roland won’t get any money from the gate/merchandise etc. 
  • Options
    LMAO 

No If's, No But's
  • Options
    GIVE HIM A CONTRACT NOW!
  • Options
    I wonder if Bowyer does leave, what that mouthy lot on the Facebook group will say?

Will they still bitch about CARD? 
    Yep, they are probably sharpening the knives already.
    Didn’t realise they were all from Gillingham. 
  • Options
    Stig said:

I'd love to see some more demonstrations, but sadly I can't see us doing anything much that will register on his radar let alone make a difference.  We seemed to lose all sense of direction a couple of years ago when we thought the sale was going ahead and when the rubber-toy demos, that served us so well on the old days, started to feel a little tired. At that point we needed to follow a central decision and go all out for it, either upping the intensity of the demos or going for broke on a boycott. Sadly too many people took a 'you can't tell me what to do' attitude and so nobody ever did dare to tell them. With a lack of direction people drifted back either into passively watching the football or into their football apathy. Collectively, as a fan base, we rolled over. That was fine in May when we were getting our tummy tickled but the trouble is that much worse things can happen when you're in a prone position. 

I appreciate the people are now asking the question 'what could we do', but the fact that it is proceeded by 'if Bowyer leaves' still says to me that for some (I suspect the vast majority) that it is more about results than ownership. Sorry to say it, but we are the fickle fans that some of the media spoke about.

In answer to the options above, I could be persuaded to do any of them but I'm not convinced they'd be successful. The best Idea I've heard recently (sorry I can't remember who suggested it) was for the fans to produce their own sales brochure.   

That was me :-)  in life generally its easy to protest against what you don't want, or what to stop, than it is an alternative.  IMO the best way to get Roland out, is actually, to get someone else in.

I agree, have mentioned on other threads, if we start the protests again because Bowyer walks, or because we are a bit shit next season, we run the risk of losing the sympathy of the wider footballing public and media.  You can't turn it on and off like a tap. 

If we have a protest in October people will say, you all seemed happy enough in May. 
  • Options
    As much as we all want Bowyer to stay, whether he does or not should not be the trigger for protests. The big question is whether Duchatelet stays.
    I would say that if Bowyer goes and the sale is not concluded then protests should resume on all fronts. If he agrees to stay and the sale is not concluded then Duchatelet needs to be targeted where it affects him the most, Belgium. 
  • Options
    As much as we all want Bowyer to stay, whether he does or not should not be the trigger for protests. The big question is whether Duchatelet stays.
    I would say that if Bowyer goes and the sale is not concluded then protests should resume on all fronts. If he agrees to stay and the sale is not concluded then Duchatelet needs to be targeted where it affects him the most, Belgium. 
    But what's diffrent now to 18 months ago?  What "red line" has now been crossed?  There was a threat of a protest that was prevented by Murray meeting CAST.  IIRC nothing since then, why?  Card have said their was no appetite for it, why? 

Because we had a chance of getting in the play offs, we did, didn't go up, still no protests. 

The protests stopped because the club was up for sale, KM had gone and we started winning.  If the only thing that changes is we start loosing there is the potential to look very petulant and entitled.  I honestly believe that the club, LDT has said as much, and potential purchases know the history and reasons behind the previous protests but if you start again because a manger leaves (what ever the reasons) or you loose some games any good will could soon evaporate.

IMO they shouldn't have stopped in the first place, you either carry on until you have achieved what you set out to or you give up and try a different approach. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I don't think there are rules attached to these things, just honest people who love the club doing what they think is best for it. Actions and developments off the pitch have to have an impact. Going up against the odds and then losing out on the man responsible and potentially decimating the players who made it happen will be a very good reason, not only for protests to resume, but also for them to be stepped up!

There is still an opportunity for Roland to avert this but who trusts him to do it? I certainly don't. He is an idiot when it comes to football and that is being very generous to him! 
  • Options
    I am going to kick my cat!

Bollox, haven't got one.
    I've got two,will kick them both🐈
    How old must you be, that you can kick your own bolloxs?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The protests stopped because the club was up for sale, KM had gone and we started winning. 

Almost true imo. Add in we run out of innovative protest ideas (shouting in a car park at a window very quickly lost its novelty) and general support for protests waned with it. Not blaming anyone for that, the protest campaign for a 12 month period was (i think) unprecedented in football, it was natural the ideas tank would run dry eventually unless people in numbers were prepared to face arrest.  

• Options
    Protest in The Grand Place in Brussels...would certainly make the news in Belgium.
    I’m in the Grand Place right now - shall I get things started?
  • Options
    Rubberbloke or whoever also cleverly manipulated the media and the fanbase playing on the fact that they want to believe that the Club is going to be sold.

At the first whiff of a protest someone was wheeled out to say the takeover was close and we all believed it or, even if we didn't actually believe it, we clung to it and I include myself in that.
  • Options
    Do a reccy
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Protest in The Grand Place in Brussels...would certainly make the news in Belgium.
    I’m in the Grand Place right now - shall I get things started?
    Yes please. A Roland out placard on twitter would be good :smile:
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    But what's diffrent now to 18 months ago?  What "red line" has now been crossed?  There was a threat of a protest that was prevented by Murray meeting CAST.  IIRC nothing since then, why?  Card have said their was no appetite for it, why? 

Because we had a chance of getting in the play offs, we did, didn't go up, still no protests. 

The protests stopped because the club was up for sale, KM had gone and we started winning.  If the only thing that changes is we start loosing there is the potential to look very petulant and entitled.  I honestly believe that the club, LDT has said as much, and potential purchases know the history and reasons behind the previous protests but if you start again because a manger leaves (what ever the reasons) or you loose some games any good will could soon evaporate.

IMO they shouldn't have stopped in the first place, you either carry on until you have achieved what you set out to or you give up and try a different approach. 
    I totally agree that the protests should never have stopped in the first place and that it is why I have been boycotting for the last 3 years.
    The only red line that may have been crossed, for others, is that, having stumbled upon a winning formula in the shape of Bowyer, Duchatelet seems intent on undoing everything that he achieved in the 2018/2019 season. 
  • Options
    Go into that cafe when he's having lunch and drop a proper eggy guff right in his boat.

That'll learn 'im.
  • Options
    We could get a t-shirt printed (right size for statue) looking something like below - with a hole in a strategic place for the vinegar to come out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jodaius said:
    Except that after the first time the EFL will order games played behind closed doors. 
    EFL acting on behalf of the boycotters...I like it & as someone else said no money in the Twats pocket...& then the season ticket holders could also claim a refund of the event not happening...win win for all...except Roly...👍
  • Options
    Jodaius said:
    EFL acting on behalf of the boycotters...I like it & as someone else said no money in the Twats pocket...& then the season ticket holders could also claim a refund of the event not happening...win win for all...except Roly...👍

Now this has got legs. Although not a 'boycotter' - I have paid for my new season ticket - just imagine if the EFL did order games played behind closed doors. The way would be open for thousands of season ticket holders to sue the Rat. With costs it would soon ramp up to many thousands of pounds in compensation. Don't really see it happening though.

• Options
    Image result for Keanu reeves shooting the air gif point break

Image result for Keanu reeves shooting the air gif point break
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

The protests stopped because the club was up for sale, KM had gone and we started winning. 

Almost true imo. Add in we run out of innovative protest ideas (shouting in a car park at a window very quickly lost its novelty) and general support for protests waned with it. Not blaming anyone for that, the protest campaign for a 12 month period was (i think) unprecedented in football, it was natural the ideas tank would run dry eventually unless people in numbers were prepared to face arrest.  

Not really true. The issue re protests at the Valley was more about the numbers, not a lack of ideas. There's still loads of creativity, but mass protests need mass.

In many ways the protests, including the boycott, achieved the unmanageable objective, led to KM walking away, and RD taking his hand off the tiller - football success was always more likely the less the Belgians were involved.   

I think most people recognised the protests had to take a different tack, away from the Valley, and more designed to get under his skin. In that the protest groups including CARD have continued to be effective - drawing RD into increasingly mad statements and continually damaging his reputation. The Belgian Embassy was, in my view, a masterstroke.

Less prolific sure, but for a League One club to continue to see this issue in national broadcast media is a remarkable achievement that shouldn't be underestimated. And RD is royally pissed off by it all. 

• Options
    We could travel to Belgium for a Stayen home game.

Buy some 2x4 and make some crucifixes. Then, to save money on the timber, we could have me, @AFKABartram, @ElfsborgAddick as those prepared to be nailed to the crosses (standing on the cross pieces).  

Yeah and then AFKA turns water into wine and we all have a jolly old knees up again in the nightclub.

Those repeat bookings for the Stayen Hotel will come in handy. 

• Options

Buy some 2x4 and make some crucifixes. Then, to save money on the timber, we could have me, @AFKABartram, @ElfsborgAddick as those prepared to be nailed to the crosses (standing on the cross pieces).  

Yeah and then AFKA turns water into wine and we all have a jolly old knees up again in the nightclub.

Thanks for offering my services.
  • Options
    I hate to say it but RD won vs the protesters. I’ve no idea where we go next if things go as I fear.
  • Options

Thanks for offering my services.
    Looks like it's a cross you'll have to bear... 
  • Options
    A lot more people will be angry if Bowyer goes and the so called moderates and others will be a lot more active I believe 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Pains me to say it and I really hope it doesn't happen but part of me hopes that it does.

Not sure the football world at large really understands the effect and damage this shit stain of an owner is doing to this great club.
    Maybe a man of Bowyers stature effectively walking away from a club where he is lauded because the thick as shit owner can't get his act together may make them take notice.

Duchatelet and his cronies beenincluding Murray have been slowly killing it off for the last four years and it needs to stop.