Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Golf 2019

2»

Comments

• Options

Danny Willet @ 150/1    LEVEL

Martin Kaymner @ 80/1   -2

Ian Poulter  @ 90/1   +2

Francesco Molinari @ 30/1   -3

Tommy Fleetwood @ 28/1  LEVEL

• Options
    edited June 2019

I hope it gets a lot harder. I’m sure it will but I look forward to a bloodbath each year.

Not sure if Sky showed the interview but Fraudulent Physicist/Fair Police Bryson said it’s not acceptable a 4 iron can run out 15 yards. Yesterday it was ‘acceptable’ his 4 iron stopped in 2 yards on the 17th. The people ruining this championship are guys like him who complain the one time a year they can’t just throw darts.

Edit: sorry, whilst ranting about Bryson I’ve just come across this from yesterday: "I was coming back off of a lot of neurological damage that I've had from hitting bad shots and not doing the right things with my swing and just going down rabbit holes that weren't really pretty," said DeChambeau. "It's going to create some neurological damage there for me. And I'm trying to get over that as of right now. I'm doing a pretty good job so far. Today is the best I've felt in a long time."

T***. Call it a confidence knock rather than making light of actual neurological problems.
  • Options
    Couldnt stay up to watch any last night. Rory made a good start too
  • Options
    I missed Rosies' last 3 holes.......I was falling asleep by 2am.  Mad time differences in the US - Augusta was just 5 hours behind not fecking 8 !!

As for the flat cap man. No wonder he's got problems if he keeps going down rabbit holes......he needs to keep the ball on the cut & prepared  !!
  • Options
    No one is making a move out of 100 + players thus far.

Rose 1 under  today looks very good at the mo 👍
  • Options
    Rory 2 under through 7 👍

Could have been 4 under though.

Difficult holes await... 8 and 9
  • Options
    Wallace coming across as a bit of a twat. Him and Hatton make a great pair of moaners. 
  • Options
    The amount of advert breaks really is criminal. It’s almost every five minutes at the moment. All the more noticeable at three in the morning!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Wallace is firey. At Bay Hill he nearly got in a fight with someone in the crowd. Sergio was playing up on Thursday again too, throwing tantrums. 
    Tomorrow there should be fewer adverts, Fox have some special deal. I think the last two hours are advert free, at least in the US. The Women's US Open they showed 5 straight hours with no adverts. The number of commercials we put up with is BS, it ruins viewing. 
    Also about ads... I fell asleep pathetically early. I'm scared to record it for later viewing though as my Sky box has been freezing during ad breaks, something to do with Sky tailoring ads for each viewer. I think it's fixed but it'd be the worst time to come back. 
  • Options
    Wallace coming across as a bit of a twat. Him and Hatton make a great pair of moaners. 
    I don't care how much of a twat he is if he can finish in the top 10. Even better if Chez Reavie can as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope Rose can come through in the last round........Woodlamd can't keep getting out of jail surely. Bit of a gap to 3rd place & Rory will have to do something very special to be in with a shout coming up the 18th. 
  • Options
    Didn’t take Rory long to balls it up. Koepka on fire. Woodland getting the breaks again. Wonder if he can keep it going. 
  • Options
    I was beginning to think Koepka was actually A.I after the first 6 holes, but he is human after all. Wouldn't bet against him still.
  • Options
    Rosey not firing but still in there   Woodland will wobble back 9 but Koepka remains a threat
  • Options
    Koepka just isn’t fair.
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    I was beginning to think Koepka was actually A.I after the first 6 holes, but he is human after all. Wouldn't bet against him still.

• Options
    They are all trying to mess it up but woodland seems to be getting the breaks. Rose just doesn’t have his A game and he knows it. Someone needs to grip this in the last five holes. 
  • Options
    Woodland looks all over it now.

But only needs 1 wayward shot from him and he will be under immense pressure- like he isn’t at the moment.

Still reckon he will not hold his nerve.

Fair play if he does...
  • Options
    Amazing 2 shots from Woodland- what pressure? Jeez...
  • Options
    Woodland’s to lose now. Rose has crumbled. Putter has been freezing all day.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well played Gary Woodland. Bravo sir
  • Options
    Putter had been getting Rose out of jail all tournament. Not a surprise to see him fall away.

Well played Gary Woodland and congrats. Was going to take something special to beat Koepka.
  • Options
    What a putt to win it too.
  • Options
    Yup. Woodland deserved it. Suspect he may be a one hit wonder but fair play to him. 
  • Options
    Well done to Woodland, deserved winner. Schauffele & Reavie both placed, that will do me.
  • Options
    Woodland deserved it. Good for him. I am sure he will be the next Lucas Glover.
  • Options

My big takeaway from the weekend is that the real killer of John Lennon was famous author Stephen King.

http://lennonmurdertruth.com/introduction/

• Options
    For anyone who’s interested, tickets for the 2020 open at Royal St. George’s go on sale at 10am today.
  • Options

Cheers. You can usually buy on the gate at The Open, obviously Portrush is an exception (sold out by last August).

If anyone is off work tomorrow then final Open qualifying is at Prince's. I think it's free to get in, Bjorn, Suri, Dunne, Beef, Fisher, Howell were the biggest names I saw listed.

Also back on US Opens - the Senior coverage last night without adverts was soooo nice. I didn't care Stricker had a 6 shot lead.