Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48834340

Bristol City sign Tomas Kalas from Chelsea. He was on loan with them last season
  • Options
    I imagine that will significantly reduce their wage bill...
  • Options
    Watford are after a Brazilian wonderkid using their Pozzo family connections. The crazy thing is he is allowed to move without kicking a ball if someone offers Watford an additional £20m on top. No questions asked.

hes another of Joorabchian’s boys and Joorabchian works for Abramovich so expect him to rock up at Chelsea some day

• Options
    I imagine that will significantly reduce their wage bill...
    By about £2million a year apparently...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Cattermole was on around 30/40k a week, crazy money, they can do some damage in league 1 with those wages freed up 
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-agree-deal-for-qpr-striker-matt-smith/

Millwall sign Matt Smith (and sadly not the former Doctor Who)
    To be fair, the old Doctor Who was on the books of Forest and Leicester and was captain of the latter's youth team. He may have more finesse than the bloke they've signed.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-agree-deal-for-qpr-striker-matt-smith/

To be fair, the old Doctor Who was on the books of Forest and Leicester and was captain of the latter's youth team. He may have more finesse than the bloke they've signed.
    If I had to play for Millwall, I'd want a TARDIS so I could get away after each match as far as possible!
  • Options
    Blucher said:

If I had to play for Millwall, I'd want a TARDIS so I could get away after each match as far as possible!
    What flavour windows would you choose?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
     Danny Ings £20 Million to Saints from Liverpool and Sturridge might be on his way to join Joe A at Rangers .. who are Liverpool chasing as replacements ?
    Do they need any? 

They have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi. Shaqiri and will probably look to integrate England U17 world cup star Brewster into the squad this season as he was injured for most of last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Danny Ings £20 Million to Saints from Liverpool and Sturridge might be on his way to join Joe A at Rangers .. who are Liverpool chasing as replacements ?
    Do they need any? 

They have Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi. Shaqiri and will probably look to integrate England U17 world cup star Brewster into the squad this season as he was injured for most of last year.
    Werent they rumoured to be going back in for that Fekir @ Lyon?
  • Options
    Spurs have finally bloody signed someone.

Jack Clarke from Leeds United.  4 year deal.  Going back to Leeds on loan for the season.
  • Options
    I see Arsenal bid £40m for Zaha and Zaha’s brother is suggesting Palace should take his efforts at keeping them up into consideration and accept.  

If Zaha is so keen to get out you have to wonder why he signed up to a new 5 year contract last summer.  At least should have got a sensible buy out put in it
  • Options
    I see Arsenal bid £40m for Zaha and Zaha’s brother is suggesting Palace should take his efforts at keeping them up into consideration and accept.  

If Zaha is so keen to get out you have to wonder why he signed up to a new 5 year contract last summer.  At least should have got a sensible buy out put in it
    £40m would even get you Andros Townsend in the current market, let alone Zaha.
    Oh how the mighty have fallen...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Jack Clarke from Leeds United.  4 year deal.  Going back to Leeds on loan for the season.
    And then loaned him back straight away. Never entirely seen the point of such deals, especially for a club like Leeds who presumably pay quite well anyway, it's not like Dele going from MKD to Spurs
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

And then loaned him back straight away. Never entirely seen the point of such deals, especially for a club like Leeds who presumably pay quite well anyway, it's not like Dele going from MKD to Spurs
    Think its more to do with Poch's relationship with Bielsa.  Poch's nickname is Bielsa lite.  Poch realises Clarke will get more minutes from Leeds than at Spurs and he'll be under Bielsa for another year.  Poch/Bielsa have a very good relationship outside of football so no doubt there's is something to do with this.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Think its more to do with Poch's relationship with Bielsa.  Poch's nickname is Bielsa lite.  Poch realises Clarke will get more minutes from Leeds than at Spurs and he'll be under Bielsa for another year.  Poch/Bielsa have a very good relationship outside of football so no doubt there's is something to do with this.
    But I don't get what's in it for the player other than a short term pay rise. If he wants minutes on the pitch, then why not just stay with Leeds?

In a year's time Leeds might be promoted and perhaps he'd want to stay. Or other clubs like City might have wanted him
  • Options
    the other Matt Smith goes from QPR to Millwall … big, tall striker
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

But I don't get what's in it for the player other than a short term pay rise. If he wants minutes on the pitch, then why not just stay with Leeds?

In a year's time Leeds might be promoted and perhaps he'd want to stay. Or other clubs like City might have wanted him
    It secures the deal for Spurs so they know they have the player. He was never going to be involved with Spurs this season, he only played around half a season for Leeds. Leeds get the money so they can invest further, but also get the player for another season. He continues to develop under the excellent coaching of Bielsa. Goes back to Spurs next summer a far better player than he is now.

Think it’s an excellent deal.
  • Options
    Tottenham have signed midfielder Tanguy Ndombele for a club-record £65million from Lyon, Sky Sports News understands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brentford have signed Ethan Pinnock from Barnsley who seem to be a side losing their better players even worse than what we've done this summer!!
  • Options
    Ndombele is a brilliant signing. Spurs cementing themselves as a top4 side, miles ahead of the likes of United and Arsenal nowdays whether those fan bases like it or not 
  • Options
    First of all I imagine Pinnock going to Brentford signals Konsa moving to Wolves.

Second I would be disgusted if I was a Barnsley fan. Just had new owners who were giving it the old 'we have ambition talks' just let go their best centre back to Brentford and their other good centre back and goalie to Stoke. Dreadful decisions 
  • Options
    No doubt Brentford will sell Pinnock to a PL side in a year or two for a fat profit, following the sale of Mepham in January and maybe Konsa this window.
  • Options
    Devante Cole (Andy's son) loaned to Motherwell from Wigan (been loaned out many times) .. yet another Anglo goes north
     https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48841168
  • Options
    Bidwell .. QPR > Swansea
  • Options
    Ndombele is a brilliant signing. Spurs cementing themselves as a top4 side, miles ahead of the likes of United and Arsenal nowdays whether those fan bases like it or not 
    Eriksen to Spain now ?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Don't know, apparently Madrid aren't interested in him anymore so I don't know where he will end up, may stay 

He wants away but all the reports a while ago said they had gone off him 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Don't know, apparently Madrid aren't interested in him anymore so I don't know where he will end up, may stay 

He wants away but all the reports a while ago said they had gone off him 
    Spurs want Bale.  Spurs want Cellabos.
    Eriksen will be going to Madrid.  If not now, it will be next season.

If he doesn't, he's agreed a contract extension with release clause if Madrid or Barcelona come in for him.

Edit:  Should have added, Ndombele is the direct replacement for Dembele.  Spurs also want a CM to give Eriksen competition but if he goes, we need a replacement.  Thus how Betis'' Lo Celso fits in.

Poch is well documented he wants everything done before the pre-season tour, going to be a busy few weeks.