Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Camera is in the west stand, ground looks very empty sadly 
    Doesn’t look quite as bad on Valley Pass with the camera in the east.
  • Options
    Any action of note  ??
  • Options
    Are we wearing the new home kit?
    Yes
    Looks really nice from a distance
  • Options
    Any action of note  ??
    Just had a free kick out to the right of the box

Forster-Caskey swung in with Pratley getting his head to it but couldnt get a good enough connection to guide it on goal
  • Options
    Hourihane has just sent a free kick narrowly over for Villa
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    El Gazi is class. I hope he proves me wrong but Taylor is either a mile off the pace or getting handled easily by villa
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    El Gazi is class. I hope he proves me wrong but Taylor is either a mile off the pace or getting handled easily by villa
    Chasing shadows today
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Chasing shadows today
    Your man Aneke looks decent so far! Williams doing well in centre midfield.
  • Options
    Williams is all over the pitch!!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Taylor is 29 and has never played in the Championship, let alone the Premier.
    League 1 defenders are mediocre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was thinking Aston Villa looked a big team then I saw Chuks Aneke, a giant in attack. 
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Taylor has been off the pace in the games I've seen. 
  • Options
    Watching on Villa YouTube, 40,800 others also watching, impressive numbers. 
  • Options
    If this formation is what lee bowyer was to play this season then we are in for an absolute nightmare. The amount of space they have in the wings. We are having to work twice as hard as any villa player just to close down the space. Just isn’t going to work. 
  • Options
    Spanish said:
    cs1986 said:
    I'm not surprised friendlies never attract a crowd. Maybe should of gone with £10 tickets too
    Testimonial for club legend Chris Solly - our support is embarrassing.
    Do me a favour, what a silly statement. As much as I respect Chris for all he has done for our club, players earn so much money nowadays. Testimonials were brought in to help and reward players for services rendered when they didn't earn, comparatively speaking, anywhere near what they do now. This is a warm up game for first league game of the season, end of. Not sure how much money goes to Solly but I certainly am not remotely interested in attending a game that might yield Roland a penny ! Only able to write this mind as my game of cricket was called off today.
    Spanish said:
    cs1986 said:
    I'm not surprised friendlies never attract a crowd. Maybe should of gone with £10 tickets too
    Do me a favour, what a silly statement. As much as I respect Chris for all he has done for our club, players earn so much money nowadays. Testimonials were brought in to help and reward players for services rendered when they didn't earn, comparatively speaking, anywhere near what they do now. This is a warm up game for first league game of the season, end of. Not sure how much money goes to Solly but I certainly am not remotely interested in attending a game that might yield Roland a penny ! Only able to write this mind as my game of cricket was called off today.

agree with this .. it's a great opportunity for our players to test themselves against what was one of the top Champ clubs last season. Solly will still make a good few quid from this game
  • Options
    Spanish said:
    cs1986 said:
    Spanish said:
    cs1986 said:

agree with this .. it's a great opportunity for our players to test themselves against what was one of the top Champ clubs last season. Solly will still make a good few quid from this game
    I don't think you can play this formation with Purrington and Solly... Players of the DaSilva it works, but neither are wingbacks
  • Options
    Oshilaja’s moved back to create a back 3.
  • Options
    If this formation is what lee bowyer was to play this season then we are in for an absolute nightmare. The amount of space they have in the wings. We are having to work twice as hard as any villa player just to close down the space. Just isn’t going to work. 
    best to test it out now with not a lot at stake
  • Options
    Stuck in traffic. Does anyone know if I can still get in after half time? I haven't got a ticket. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else's stream gone out?
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Yup
  • Options
    Villa YouTube seems to have collapsed under the strain!!!!!  Sort it ahrt!!!
  • Options
    I’d take a point against this lot, they are Premier League after all.
  • Options
    Is the stream down on YouTube? Can just see the Villa logo
  • Options
    Villa scored?
  • Options
    Yep 1-0 Villa.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Yeah, but as I’m in Rhodes I thought it was just me. Enjoying it so far. Shame to see The Valley so empty apart from the Villa support. Johnny Williams looks fit and ready for the Championship. Aneke good too. Have to agree with those disappointed with Lyle. 
  • Options
    Roland probably hasn't paid the electricity bill.