Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Just checked and there are no trains from Charing X or London Bridge to Charlton, all services seem to be from Victoria???????????//
    what services does Victoria offer?
  • Has anyone at the club checked that Millwallfan and his posse have a beef with anyone within a 20 mile radius of Villa Park?    They are bound to be up for this one!
  • Just checked and there are no trains from Charing X or London Bridge to Charlton, all services seem to be from Victoria???????????//
    You can go from London Bridge to New Cross Gate, then New Cross to Charlton
  • bit dissapointed  with the oppo was hoping for someone a little bit higher profile, wont be attending. 
    I find your comment tactless and disrespectful to Chris, it’s as much about him as the fixture itself.
    You are usually a reasonable enough poster.....but IMHO, have let yourself down on this occasion.
    Disrespectful??, I’m not not attending because of the opposition I’m not attending because of a pre arranged beano to Brighton, deliberately planned outside of our competitive season, so regardless of the oppo I would not of been  able to attend it was a comment in regards to that I was hoping for someone higher because of the player it is for - so quite the opposite imho

on average in the past 10 years I have done majority of home games and minimum 12/13 Away games a season spending a lot more than a jolly to watch a newly promoted pl side but thanks for informing me of letting myself down. 

If that’s the case then why didn’t you make yourself clear, instead your comment left no one in doubt that you were not attending because of the quality of the opposition.....we ain’t mind readers ph!
    as someone that posts on here regularly and given my comments on matches attended i think its a given that i attend my fair share of games not as many as some granted but imo my fair share. 

to call me out and say i have let myself down is a bit over the mark but having now given my reasons hope that clears a few things up. 

i stick by my original line of villa aren't anything special and would of hoped for someone higher for chris as he has been a servant to the club, a few are saying we shouldn't even renew his contract so i cannot see a big crowd at this as as with most clubs we are a fickle fan base. 
    I like you mate, you have a great username.
    That is to help the thousands travelling down to Euston from Birmingham.  It's easier to get to Victoria on the tube.
  • Saw 300 for a moment thought that was many tickets we've sold
  • We sold more then 300 in one day lol.
  • Can anyone confirm if tickets will be available to buy from the ticket office on the day? @Ollywozere
  • Can anyone confirm if tickets will be available to buy from the ticket office on the day? @Ollywozere
    Yes - spoke to the ticket office earlier today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got our three online last night - embarrassing take up so far! Appears more Villa!
    Yes - spoke to the ticket office earlier today.
    Thanks bud.
  • Looking forward to the game and seeing some of our new signings. Hope there is a good turnout for Chris.
  • it potentially clashes with the final day (4) of our historical first ever Test Match against Ireland at Lords , put me down as a maybe 
    See you there, game will be all over today.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Too many see this as 'just another friendly'

Bit sad to see really. 
    I thought we might have picked up at least some of the Wembley day trippers.
  • edited July 2019
    Ferryman said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Too many see this as 'just another friendly'

Bit sad to see really. 
    I thought we might have picked up at least some of the Wembley day trippers.
    I was technically a day tripper - Wasn't at many games last season, but I wouldn't miss a testimonial as they happen so rarely. I think players like Solly deserve their day in the spotlight! Hopefully he'll be up top alongside Taylor for 10 minutes for shits and giggles.

I'll always try to make the important games as I am a believer in the twelfth man support coming from the fans. 
    Would love to be able to afford a season ticket again in future. Especially as my daughter loved her first game, Villa will be her second. Nothing we as supporters do now will make RD go so I don't see any reason to continue protests etc. 
  • Any advice?  I normally sit in the (nice and dry) North Upper, but for this match will be in row G of the West stand.  Obviously, I have flask/tartan rug/train timetables ready, but will I need an umbrella and/or wellingtons?
  • TeslaGirl said:
    Any advice?  I normally sit in the (nice and dry) North Upper, but for this match will be in row G of the West stand.  Obviously, I have flask/tartan rug/train timetables ready, but will I need an umbrella and/or wellingtons?
    You fit in fine.
  • TeslaGirl said:
    Any advice?  I normally sit in the (nice and dry) North Upper, but for this match will be in row G of the West stand.  Obviously, I have flask/tartan rug/train timetables ready, but will I need an umbrella and/or wellingtons?
    Steam train timetables that is
  • Sponsored links:

• Think I will also go for the west stand as very few tickets sold in the north lower
  • 1300 sold so far according to my plod mate. Shocking!
  • What is shocking is the lack of backing Bowyer has had from Roland,
  • Come on, all match proceeds going to Solly's charity. None of it going to RD.
  • agim said:
    1300 sold so far according to my plod mate. Shocking!
    That’s because it’s traditional to pay on the day for pre-season games. Of course, that might backfire a little bit if loads of people are planning to turn up as it’s Chris Solly’s testimonial 
  • edited July 2019
    I will either turn up or buy a ticket online and not bother. I am pissed off as usual with the git of an owner we have. I appreciate Bowyer will be trying to bring in the quality needed via loans, and he may well do, but I also remember every window under the bastard. It is like paying to be kicked in the teeth. He did his best to stop us getting promoted in January and he seems to be doing his best to scupper us now too. We are certainly not going to hit the ground running.

This is a game we should be looking forward too, seeing the team that is going to get us through the season ready themselves for next weekend. Instead we will be watching a side that is significantly weaker overall than that which competed in the lower division. Bowyer has no choice but to mix it up and get out of it what he can, but why should I have to watch it?
  • Yes, in a way. I'd rather go along and watch us play our youth team. But my point is, I am going to go along and get really annoyed, which isn't the point of these things! I'll add a number without going at the very least.
  • edited July 2019
    It will be my sons 3rd game:
    Reading with @kellycafc and @ForeverAddickted
    Under 23 game against Sheffield Wednesday with @kellycafc
    And tomorrow.

And it will be my Daughters 1st game
  • agim said:
    1300 sold so far according to my plod mate. Shocking!
    Fake news.