Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Birthday Derek Ufton

Belated greetings to Derek Ufton who was 91 on Friday.  Have just been watching some of his mastery on the DVD put out for the Addicks centenary.

Comments

• Options
    Haven’t quite mastered the posting of pictures yet - but the player in the picture with Derek is Billy Wright, wolves and England.
  • Options
    Got chatting to a Spurs fan the other day who is friends with his son.
  • Options
    I met Derek and Judy last year.  Lovely people, lovely to meet Judy, and lovely to chat with Derek about the club and the youth setup.  His views about the club had more clarity and decency than most.  Happy birthday, I'm sure Judy would have organised something lovely. 
  • Options
    Belated happy birthday Derek
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Derek....one of the original “Brylcream Boys”.
    As others have already mentioned, he is a perfect Gentleman....in the truest sense of the word.
  • Options
    Belated happy birthday sir....a true gentleman and of course, a Charlton legend in every sense of the word.
  • Options
    Yep. Real legend. Happy birthday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek's son John was a very good Rugby Union full back for Wasps .. injury prone, otherwise he came close to playing for England .. Happy birthday to Daddy Uffers ((:>)
  • Options
    Derek's son John was a very good Rugby Union full back for Wasps .. injury prone, otherwise he came close to playing for England .. Happy birthday to Daddy Uffers ((:>)
    Jonathan won a Blue at Cambridge too for Rugby Union.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    LenGlover said:
    Jonathan won a Blue at Cambridge too for Rugby Union.
    Jonathan also went to Dulwich College.
  • Options
    I was in Tim’s class at primary school. My sister was in John’s class. Derek took us for football coaching from time to time. Great bloke. 
  • Options
    I was in Tim’s class at primary school. My sister was in John’s class. Derek took us for football coaching from time to time. Great bloke. 
    It’s Jonathan!