Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer

12346»

Comments

• edited June 2019
    The problem is that Roland will not understand what he has with Bowyer. He lacks the football knowledge to. It won't be about being vindictive, but he has missed out on his chance of getting Bowyer on the cheap! But if you look at Bowyer's stats you see the picture. A massive amount of wins but also importantly, more defeats (14) than draws (11). That tells you Bowyer is a positive manager and backs up his great win record. 

I love Powell, but he was a not lose guy, Slade was a not lose guy, most managers are. Even good ones. The reason they brought in 3 points for a win many years ago were for managers like Bowyer who as well as being an excellent manager, also has a pair. 

Hopefully somebody explains that to Roland!

• Bowyer always said last season, "Every match our game plan is to win, to get 3 points".

• Just for clarity RD offered Bowyer a contract more than a month ago. 

The problem was it was no doubt a low basic, with many incentives/bonuses that only a maverick like RD would offer. 

To get a million pound bonus if Cafc are promoted to Premier in next two seasons while accepting a very small basic increase and having the 20 something budget in the Championship would fit Duchatelet's football acumen.
  • Offering someone a contract that is so shit they would never sign it and offering someone a decent contract are two different things 

I offered Ronaldo a contract to join charlton he never but that’s ok because I offered him a contract RD 2019 

or arsenal offered liverpoll 40 mil and a Penny but were never going to actually buy Suarez 

• If Bowyer does not get signed up I really hope that those that believe that RD is only motivated and interested in money see it as the spiteful vindictive act it would really be

me right now I think the longer he doesn’t sign is more an indication that maybe things are moving behind the scenes and contracts may have been offered but not signed 

wouldn’t it be the perfect cherry on a cake for a new owner to waltz in and give him a 3 yr deal and announce their intention of greatness to the fans 

(more in hope than knowledge that statement) 
    So if bowyer does sign Roland isn’t spiteful or vindictive and I just a prick of an owner 
  • Suited and booted for a interview or doing business with players, what do we reckon? 

• Well, that’s confirmed something, at least ... he’s not on holiday 
  • Meeting Charlton’s new owners 
  • Maybe he has come back from Belgium or West Brom. Penny for his thoughts. 
  • Not sure if already shared 

If it doesn't load a journo saying he basically thinks Bowyer doesn't fancy the west Brom job
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    Maybe he has come back from Belgium or West Brom. Penny for his thoughts. 
    He was thinking ‘that presentation could have gone better. Perhaps ‘Bolstering the Baggies’ wasn’t such a good idea despite what Ian Dowie had told him.  
  • ‘That Brentford ground’s a shithole but Fulham? Not bad’
  • Not sure signing a contract means anything to Duchatelet after he reneged on staff bonuses.
  • Going to Sevenoaks surely there was a Charlton fan around to have a chat with him and give him a man hug?
  • Perhaps he’d just been up to that London place to look for a tie ......
  • Suited and booted for a interview or doing business with players, what do we reckon? 

That's not Lee Bowyer ...... it's his twin brother, Len.

• I like the Cullen bit in that article...
  • I like the ‘There is a train‘ bit in that article .. proper Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Suited and booted for a interview or doing business with players, what do we reckon? 

Could be a top Lee Bowyer look alike...
  • edited June 2019
    Suited and booted for a interview or doing business with players, what do we reckon? 

Did your mate notice if he gave out any announcements about signal failures or operated the train doors ?
  • Oggy Red said:

Could be a top Lee Bowyer look alike...

• I was convinced that if we hadn't heard by the 12th day after the playoff win, Lee Bowyer would reluctantly move on because it has the hallmark of Yann Kermorgant's  negotiations when for the sake of 2k and an extra year on his contract, Yann the tailsman of our side was allowed to leave despite a last ditch phone call from Meire to Duchatelet.
    Just can't see how this can have a happy ending when there is no CEO with Charlton's interest at heart trying to make this happen.
    No CEO period. Just the weird and unique one.
  • This whole situation with Bowyers contract smell's a lot like when Roland first arrived and Sir Chris' contract. 

Sir Chris had agreed the money but they differed on 'footballing reasons' 

This feels very similar and I'm worried we'll get the same outcome. :-(
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Sounds like famous last words. I am even more sure Lampard is leaving now. Does not mean that Bowyer is gonna replace him, but I heard this same denial-stuff when Poch was at Sunderland. "Oh, I don't wanna leave Sunderland!" Five days later... off to Spurs!
    I know you mean Southampton but that does not mean you shouldn't be mocked 😉😂 
    I am sure ears are burning in Southampton that I called them Sunderland. Apologies! :D
    To be fair Sunderland are a bigger and better club
  • The more I read Duchatelet’s latest missive, I more I think Lee Bowyer is going to walk. Hope I’m wrong ... 
  • edited June 2019
    _MrDick said:
    The more I read Duchatelet’s latest missive, I more I think Lee Bowyer is going to walk. Hope I’m wrong ... 
    From a supporters view I would hate for him to walk. From his personal standpoint Duchatelat is taking the piss by exercising the option to extend on the same terms, in the division above, so would understand if both he and JJ left. Loss of value to the Belgian would be 1,000 times what it would cost to put those two on decent contracts, for the underlying value they have created. The Belgian is Bonkers. Not a business bone in his body!