Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    jondon76 said:
    West Brom have already interviewed Bowyer. 
    Spoken to or actually completed an interview?

In time honoured Charlton Life manner, I have to ask: Source?

It's just been on Talksport as breaking news.
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    He has been speaking to WBA, according to talksport
    According to Talksport Charlton were as good as sold months ago. 
    Just reporting . Some people report on love island on this forum 
    Yes, thanks.
  • jondon76 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    jondon76 said:
    West Brom have already interviewed Bowyer. 
    Spoken to or actually completed an interview?

In time honoured Charlton Life manner, I have to ask: Source?

It's just been on Talksport as breaking news.
    Okay, cheers.

• The local rag Express & Star tweeted 2 hrs ago that WBA wanted to talk to Lee, so if true it's unlikely he has been interviewed. 
  • If WBA or anyone else wanted to interview him would they need permission to do so from Roland or is he free to do so the same as soon to be out of contract players?
  • edited June 2019
    If WBA or anyone else wanted to interview him would they need permission to do so from Roland or is he free to do so the same as soon to be out of contract players?
    Good question, although in reality...... 
  • Granted we’re in the silly season but anyone out of contract in three and a half weeks would be talking to other clubs who expressed an interest, even if only to enhance their leverage in any negotiations - not to mention reviewing their options.

Given that Lee Bowyer is central to the fortunes of the team and the club - including any chance we have of Bauer, Taylor or Aribo signing new contracts and the level of season ticket sales - any remotely logical and sensible owner would have got his digit out made Lee’s contract an absolute priority. Likewise, Charlton Athletic with Bowyer and all he brings to the club is surely more attractive to a potential purchaser than Charlton Athletic without Bowyer and, as Lyle Taylor tightly says, a club and supporters “in revolt”.

It defies all logic and is incredibly difficult to explain, save perhaps by reference to Duchatelet’s stubbornness, vindictiveness and a misguided attempt to show everyone that he is still in control.

Leaving aside Lee’s position, what about Jacko, Steve Gallen and Andy Marshall ? They are all relatively young men with mortgages, families and other commitments and, as matters stand, will have zero income from 1 July ! What an absolutely terrible state of affairs, although I guess it’s what comes of having a sociopathic owner.

Let’s hope that real progress is being made behind the scenes towards securing our excellent management and coaching team.
  • Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Gallen is not out of contract this month, he joined in May 2017 and has 1 year to go
  • ross1 said:
    Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Gallen is not out of contract this month, he joined in May 2017 and has 1 year to go
    I think you are correct, think it was mentioned at last FF meeting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Talksport said "Held talks" with Bow. NOT "interviewed".
  • Extremely worrying.

What logical reason is there for any owner of a football club not wanting to retain the services of a manager who has just won promotion ?

As I said elsewhere a week or so ago, is there another Football club in the world who wouldn't already have him tied up in a new contract ?
  • If WBA or anyone else wanted to interview him would they need permission to do so from Roland or is he free to do so the same as soon to be out of contract players?

Until the end of the month I guess they would need permission
  • Being cynical but I do wonder if the cancellation of tonight’s FF meeting was to avoid awkward questions about Bowyer’s contract situation and possible imminent departure ...
    I’m optimistically hoping that they’ve delayed it as they’ll having something concrete to tell us about the sale by the new date...
  • That Derby rumor worries me because it makes sense. Lampard is going to Chelsea. Bowyer would get a bigger budget there and it would be a step up and I can see him doing well there. I am worried that he might not stay even IF he is given a fair offer by Douche-atelet, now.
    PS- Express also on the story now.

• Express are crap. 
  • I wouldn't read that as anything new, Napa ....... the national UK newspapers lift most of their stories from each other or regional/local papers, Twitter and other social media.

Rarely is it fresh or developing news.

Until the end of the month I guess they would need permission
    But players don’t need permission hence the question.
  • edited June 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    I wouldn't read that as anything new, Napa ....... the national UK newspapers lift most of their stories from each other or regional/local papers, Twitter and other social media.

Rarely is it fresh or developing news.

Thanks for the insights.
    I was starting to wonder about how that all works the other day when after we all started talking about how much we liked Lamieras, that lo and behold, articles started popping up saying we were actually wanting him.
    I sometimes wonder if bored reporters in England with nothing keep employed by making fact out of conjecture.
  • The concerning thing about all this is Why? Why hasn't the Belgium twat offered LB a decent contract BEFORE he went to Wembley or the day after??? Look at it from Lee's viewpoint, a) came in as a caretaker manager for 3 games at end of last season b) had to wait until RD offered him a 1 year contract c) got the team into play-offs despite RD and his budget d) after winning promotion still waiting for a contract offer over 10 days later (holiday is no excuse there are mobile phones) e) at least 2 other clubs want to or have spoken to him.
    So what the fxxk is RD and his cronies playing at? I'm not optimistic that LB will be at the club next season or that a 'presumed' takeover is about to happen that could/should make LB a very highly paid Championship manager. Living up here in the East Midlands, I can tell you the the Derby situation with Lampard and Bowyer seems to have legs, now I see WBA are also interested, bearing in mind what I've said above, if you were LB would you hang around much longer while the idiot that is RD fucks around or will you think "Thanks for nothing RD.....I'm off"  Ask yourself that question if you were in Lee's place.
  • Sponsored links:

• But just imagine if he got us promoted to the premiership next season or the season after and kept us there for 10 years before resigning. He’d have a stand named after him. 
  • Yann Kermongant scenario looming.......
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    Yann Kermongant scenario looming.......
    Or Jose Riga..................
  • But just imagine if he got us promoted to the premiership next season or the season after and kept us there for 10 years before resigning. He’d have a stand named after him. 
    Significantly more chance of Derby or West Brom being in the Premier League in the next 10 years than Charlton.
  • The concerning thing about all this is Why? Why hasn't the Belgium twat offered LB a decent contract BEFORE he went to Wembley or the day after??? Look at it from Lee's viewpoint, a) came in as a caretaker manager for 3 games at end of last season b) had to wait until RD offered him a 1 year contract c) got the team into play-offs despite RD and his budget d) after winning promotion still waiting for a contract offer over 10 days later (holiday is no excuse there are mobile phones) e) at least 2 other clubs want to or have spoken to him.
    So what the fxxk is RD and his cronies playing at? I'm not optimistic that LB will be at the club next season or that a 'presumed' takeover is about to happen that could/should make LB a very highly paid Championship manager. Living up here in the East Midlands, I can tell you the the Derby situation with Lampard and Bowyer seems to have legs, now I see WBA are also interested, bearing in mind what I've said above, if you were LB would you hang around much longer while the idiot that is RD fucks around or will you think "Thanks for nothing RD.....I'm off"  Ask yourself that question if you were in Lee's place.
    If these rumours have legs I wouldn’t be at all surprised. Lee’s stock is high at the moment and in a couple of weeks is out of contract. Why wouldn’t other clubs be interested? It could be that Lee himself is using them as leverage to get Roland to pull his finger out. On the other hand maybe a takeover is getting close and Lee is worried new owners might come in and jettison him as their first decision. He’d be foolish not to pursue other options. Maybe he’s even been told by potential new owners that they won’t be keeping him on. Who knows? Except with Roland in charge anything is possible. I have suspicions about the late cancellation of tonight’s FF meeting in the light of these rumours and the lack a contract being signed by Lee. But at the end of the day it’s a clusterfuck of a situation caused solely by our despicable owner that could, and should, have been resolved weeks ago. I have a bad feeling about this.
      .Because it's got us worried sick and Duchatelet is most likely loving the fact.

We are still very much at war with this Belgian nutjob. Wouldn't put anything past him.
  • se9addick said:
    But just imagine if he got us promoted to the premiership next season or the season after and kept us there for 10 years before resigning. He’d have a stand named after him. 
    Significantly more chance of Derby or West Brom being in the Premier League in the next 10 years than Charlton.

Oi, those are my 12 chips and I don’t need any of your vinegar on them mate.

He’s building something here. Full Valley singing his name, full Wembley singing his name. Chance of completing legend status (queue image of inbetweener ‘completed’)

Won’t get that level of loyalty elsewhere imo.

When we lose the first 8 games in the championship and a ground of 8k are singing Bowyer is a wanker (or whispering it from the west stand) he may think differently 😂
  • A friend of a friend etc told me Lampard not gonna go Chelsea just yet , he knows he’s far too inexperienced to take on such a big job .
  • Rudders22 said:
    Express are crap. 
    Usually spot on with their predictions about snow though 
  • edited June 2019
    This guy doesn’t have a great rep but he’s tweeted that bowyer has agreed to a 3 year contract :
    https://twitter.com/rogerfairtree/status/1136352425131085826?s=21