Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Article: Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    Great read Cabbles
  • Options
    And so say all of us ! Great article , sums up my feelings better than I can express them. Still waiting for the Rolling with Roland film though!
  • Options
    A winner with a short fuse.
    The fuse doesn't tend to get lit whilst we're winning.
    Next season, if Bowyer stays, will be tough to win like he has been doing in the third division. He will have more frustration to cope with, and will need a smidgen of Riga cool to get by.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Next season, if Bowyer stays, will be tough to win like he has been doing in the third division. He will have more frustration to cope with, and will need a smidgen of Riga cool to get by.
    Bowyer has received 2 red cards and suspension this season.

The bloke is only human, of course ..... but after suspensions, you'd hope he was on a learning curve right now - and able to reign in his frustration during the match.

Perhaps he just needed to go fishing :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:

The bloke is only human, of course ..... but after suspensions, you'd hope he was on a learning curve right now - and able to reign in his frustration during the match.

I think you'll find he has a long way to catch up with "Ice Man" Chris Powell's number of red cards whilst Charlton manager...
  • Options
    Bowyer has proved loads of people wrong...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:

I think you'll find he has a long way to catch up with "Ice Man" Chris Powell's number of red cards whilst Charlton manager...
    I'm sure I remember the ref sending Chris Powell to the stands.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:

I'm sure I remember the ref sending Chris Powell to the stands.

I'm fairly sure CP was sent of 3-4 times as Charlton manager.
  • Options
    I can barely concentrate on a paragraph post but thank you cabbles for restoring my brain to long form excellent posting.  For a man who left at the final whistle v Doncaster and Sunderland, that made me perservere and almost emotional.  Superb like Lee, JJ and Galen have been long before this season started.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Punctuation gives it away as non genuine, even before you read the content.

But, yeah .... a bit of fun to brighten up a Monday morning.
    And you've reeled in 5 LOLs already. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Punctuation gives it away as non genuine, even before you read the content.

And dater for data. But had me going too 
  • Options

Just sworn at a mate who sent me the above. Had me going for a few seconds. Sorry. 
    Great deal, where can i get it?
  • Options
    Is he not back of his holiday tomorrow?
  • Options
    Well it had me going...

Barsteedo!!!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Is he not back of his holiday tomorrow?
    Yes. I believe so.
  • Options

It’s just newspaper talk, it’s just newspaper talk, it’s just newspaper talk etc...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It’s just newspaper talk, it’s just newspaper talk, it’s just newspaper talk etc...
    I seriously hope this is a textbook example of Daily Mail bullshit. 
  • Options
    What the hell does "made checks" mean? If that includes checking his Wikipedia, we should be fine. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not brought this up before because do not wanr to be a "negative ninny" but this was what Bowyer said in early May in CAST interview:

There are no plans for contract talks this week and the ball is in Duchâtelet’s court. Bowyer is not keen to chase, even quipping that he might get disappointed, though asserts that would not change anything. He has one focus right now and that is the play-offs. “It will happen – there are three weeks left – it might as well just wait. Hopefully we’ll get to Wembley, then it might be announced before that – that would be good.”
  • Options
    Bowyer will sign a new contract with us. I'm very confident as I was last season when everyone was panicking.
  • Options
    Let's hope so. Last season no other clubs had Bowyer on their radar.
  • Options
    I don’t think it’s about the money, the budget, the ‘glamour’ (if you can call Derby glamour). Lee knows he is on to a good thing at Charlton. He has banked a huge amount of goodwill since becoming manager. He will stay and learn his trade, build his reputation and give it a damn good go. If it all goes wrong he can walk away with pride and loyalty intact. 

Elsewhere he is starting from scratch and success will be expected. His past could get dragged up. He wants - needs to make a living but I am convinced he is not a cutthroat mercenary after a massive contract. He knows all is good for him at Charlton. If we do well, fantastic, if we get relegated, blame Roland. 

Its probably already been agreed. All this crap about ‘I’m going on holiday blah blah blah’. 
    Its 2019. Email, text, WhatsApp etc.... He’s in France, not North Korea. 

• Options
    Bowyer will sign a new contract with us. I'm very confident as I was last season when everyone was panicking.
    As the voice of reason, and someone who played a blinder with your advice on tickets etc, I'm going to hang on to the above words like a shipwrecked passenger hanging on to debris and hoping to be rescued by the good ship Bowyer appearing on the horizon.
    Please be quick as the hungry sharks are smelling blood. In @Covered End we trust.
  • Options
    Why do people get so worried. When at a Q and A meeting at Bromley his first thoughts were getting the right players in with Jacko and Steve Gallen. He focused on team 1st and him last. I suspect he is doing the same. Would imagine he is already on the case now with Gallen. Bye the way. As much as we like Bowyer as Manager do you honestly think Derby would take a gamble on an unproven Manager at this level? Plent of managers around who are better and more experienced.. Chill people. He will sign. 
  • Options
    But imagine the allure of a decent owner and a healthy budget.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Why do people get so worried. When at a Q and A meeting at Bromley his first thoughts were getting the right players in with Jacko and Steve Gallen. He focused on team 1st and him last. I suspect he is doing the same. Would imagine he is already on the case now with Gallen. Bye the way. As much as we like Bowyer as Manager do you honestly think Derby would take a gamble on an unproven Manager at this level? Plent of managers around who are better and more experienced.. Chill people. He will sign. 
    Um...?
    Exactly 
  • Options
    @Rudders22, so Frank Lampard gets the job with no experience, yet Lee Bowyer with a successful 15 months experience, just 1 division down is a gamble ?