Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Squad List - 30th May

Comments

• Seems strange to have another keeper when we have AMB (21) and is it Ohadjie who must be 19.  I have a feeling then that Ashley is going to be our back-up for Dillon.
  • Seems strange to have another keeper when we have AMB (21) and is it Ohadjie who must be 19.  I have a feeling then that Ashley is going to be our back-up for Dillon.
    Not really, AMB turns 20 in the summer and had two short loan spells last season. I’d expect him to be loaned out again, this time for a longer spell. The other two will probably get their fair share of u23 games and potentially a short term loan if/when they’re ready.
  • I wonder what percentage of Lifers read the preceeding posts? There are always people repeating the same questions, even though the answers have been given.

PS Why the hell has Fosu been offered a new contract but not Williams?

:wink:
  • I can’t get my head around Fosu being offered a new contract but not Williams. 

Why?
  • Fosu, and not Williams? #BowyerOut
  • rikofold said:
    I wonder what percentage of Lifers read the preceeding posts? There are always people repeating the same questions, even though the answers have been given.

At least you've read my post :-) 
    I have a feeling he won't be.
    No......he'll be the No 1 as Phillips will be sold... ;)
  • I understand Millwall have released Ben Amos. Would have him back in a flash.
  • Sponsored links:

By all accounts he had a torrid time last year. 
  • I can’t get my head around Fosu being offered a new contract but not Williams. 

Why?
    Williams was on far more than we can afford. We’ve said we’ll have him back at what we can pay if he can’t get what he wants elsewhere. 
     By all accounts he had a torrid time last year. 
    Strange season at Millwall, when accident prone Martin got ahead of Amos, as well as Archer.
    Ben Amos was excellent for Cafc and would give good competition to Dillon Phillips.
  • Fosu, and not Williams? #BowyerOut  because apparently Williams was on 50k a week at Palace and they was still paying most of his wages since he signed for us! Door left open by Bowyer for Williams to return

Why?
    Williams was on far more than we can afford. We’ve said we’ll have him back at what we can pay if he can’t get what he wants elsewhere. 
    Can't he sign a new contract at Palace - and we'll have him on loan for the season.

See, easy. I should be his agent. 

• edited June 2019
    I understand Millwall have released Ben Amos. Would have him back in a flash.
    Ben Amos was only on loan at Millwall, which expired at the end of the season.

But I do believe his Bolton contract is due to expire - so no doubt released from relegated Bolton,
    if that's what you mean?

• All those saying why has Fosu been offeres a deal and not Williams remember 2 things

We paid very little of Williams wages and unless he was to take a massive pay cut we could not afford him

With Fosu, if we offer him a deal on the same or better terms and he goes elsewhere we get compansation for him 
  • rikofold said:
    I wonder what percentage of Lifers read the preceeding posts? There are always people repeating the same questions, even though the answers have been given.

Money. No way will Roland pay Williams the money he wants, and he won't be the only one. Promotion means that players cannot be offered new contracts at less than what they are currently earing; you can bet your life that Roly will offer only minimal wage rises - that's why we will lose players this summer. Remember, Roly once said that he didn't care what division we were playing in - he just doesn't 'get' football does he? It's going to be a bumpy ride next season and if he doesn't sell, expect a rise in protests - probably where it hurts, in Belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not even into June yet so I'm not worried. LB will sign a new contract next week & SG will be recommending players to him.

Expect to see a lot of changes within the next 6 weeks.

Wow. Optimism unheard of since he bought his 2nd Doors album.
  • I was surprised  that Fosu was offered a contract, but not Williams, and even more surprised that no-one has commented on it here.
    Really?  joke shop club.
  • I was surprised  that Fosu was offered a contract, but not Williams, and even more surprised that no-one has commented on it here.
    Really?  joke shop club.
    Apparently it’s because we can get a fee for Fosu if he goes by signing him
  • All those saying why has Fosu been offeres a deal and not Williams remember 2 things

We paid very little of Williams wages and unless he was to take a massive pay cut we could not afford him

With Fosu, if we offer him a deal on the same or better terms and he goes elsewhere we get compansation for him 
    If only someone had told us earlier 
    Thats the point, its been mentioned loads on here, but there are still people who dont seem to understand, including on this page, posts from yesterday
  • Will be reliant on loans next season.
    Off to the Credit Union then.
  • edited June 2019
    All those saying why has Fosu been offeres a deal and not Williams remember 2 things

Thats the point, its been mentioned loads on here, but there are still people who dont seem to understand, including on this page, posts from yesterday
    Paulie, I'm afraid you've been whooshed.
    PS Glad you made it to Wembley. I saw you at the end, a few rows down from me.
    I was gonna say hi but you exited whilst I was still celebrating.

Cheers for your insight
  • edited June 2019
    as already discussed .. is the rest new news ?

Fosu offered a new deal .. perhaps he was injured last season and it was kept very quiet ?

6 released including Williams, Vetokele  and Parker .. so things are moving .. negotiations for in-comers MUST be underway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/charlton-athletic