Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Let's hope your instincts are right then.

But there is no reason Bowyer hasn't been signed up by now - the manager should be well into his planning for the new season. The deal should be done irrespective of ownership. So there is clearly a problem with that and knowing what we know about our idiot of an owner we can make a good guess as to what it is.

Then you have the issue that the old scroat wants too much money for the club. And that is going to be a factor for whoever wants to buy us. 
  • Let's hope your instincts are right then.
    Trust me :wink:
  • Trust you or your instincts?
  • edited June 2019
    If it was about money, Bowyer is best waiting for the sackings to start next season and doing some fishing while he waits. 
  • I'm clinging on to the hope that the reason we've not heard anything is down to the fact that the new owner wants to announce that Bowyer is staying on and not that old scrot RD.
  • Am of the opinion that if Lampard goes to Chelski, Derby could take a chance on Bowyer?
  • addick05 said:
    Am of the opinion that if Lampard goes to Chelski, Derby could take a chance on Bowyer?
    no
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Bowyer's asked to be treated fairly, RD doesn't play fair, I don't see it being done by tomorrow. Looks like RD's waiting for Bowyer to blink.
  • Actually let’s see if him doing this on his own is any different than going through other eejits on his payroll. 
  • That's buggered it all up then. Thanks for everything Lee, good luck for the future.
    I don't think it's neccessarily a bad thing tbh mate, if the negotiations are at a deadlock, RD will know a deadline has been set, LB has a lot of interest. RD wants to keep him
  • edited June 2019
    None of the eejits on his payroll can ever hope to be a bigger eejit than him. When do his interventions ever end well? He is probably going to offer Bowyer dancing lessons for when we get beat.
  • Bowyer's asked to be treated fairly, RD doesn't play fair, I don't see it being done by tomorrow. Looks like RD's waiting for Bowyer to blink.
    I don't think he'll blink, he loves the club but he's young and needs to think about his future, if that's at another club he'll take it
  • leefender said:
    That's buggered it all up then. Thanks for everything Lee, good luck for the future.
    I don't think it's neccessarily a bad thing tbh mate, if the negotiations are at a deadlock, RD will know a deadline has been set, LB has a lot of interest. RD wants to keep him
    I think that's right. Duchatelet has put too much faith in LDT in much the same way he put too much trust in  Meire. He assumes a degree of competence in other fields will "see them right" in dealing with unfamiliar football club, takeover, contract negotiations - and he's been wrong every time. Duchatelet is a fool, but at least when he's handling his own negotiation with Lee he will be free to react, adjust and be flexible in the way an underling can't. 
  • Davo55 said:
    leefender said:
    That's buggered it all up then. Thanks for everything Lee, good luck for the future.
    I think that's right. Duchatelet has put too much faith in LDT in much the same way he put too much trust in  Meire. He assumes a degree of competence in other fields will "see them right" in dealing with unfamiliar football club, takeover, contract negotiations - and he's been wrong every time. Duchatelet is a fool, but at least when he's handling his own negotiation with Lee he will be free to react, adjust and be flexible in the way an underling can't. 
    Exactly Davo, and RD may be the the biggest piece of shit in Charlton history but he's still a businessman and a very successful one. If it were you and your negotiator was at a deadlock with a very good manager that's being head hunted, would you step in and take over? I know I would.
  • 4leefender said:
    Davo55 said:
    leefender said:
    Exactly Davo, and RD may be the the biggest piece of shit in Charlton history but he's still a businessman and a very successful one. If it were you and your negotiator was at a deadlock with a very good manager that's being head hunted, would you step in and take over? I know I would.
    In this situation , it's probably better that Lee is talking to the organ grinder rather than the monkey
  • 24 hours to go. We even have a Bauer 
  • addick05 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

From inside which club, Cardiff or Charlton?
    Really? _ c’est moi!!! Charlton !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder how in demand Bowyer will be, are there any Championship vacancies that you think he would be offered? 
  • Davo55 said:
    leefender said:
    I disagree. If LDT has been negotiating he’s been doing it within Roland’s bizarre parameters not off his own back. Roland May think Bowyer will just rollover and let him tickle his tummy before signing up but I think he’s in for a rude awakening.
  • edited June 2019
    This is the point - LDT will know how far Roland is willing to go and clearly it is not as far as Bowyer wants him to go. Now, Roland may go into this willing to go a yard or two further, but more likely knowing what we know, he thinks LDT probably didn't explain things as well as he can. And we all know how well he explains things don't we?

I am sure Roland wasn't always a complete lunatic, but he is now. How much evidence do we need? I would say the chances of keeping Bowyer have lessened after this development. 
  • Everyone keeps saying Bowyer's contract runs out on June 30th, so we have time, but I believe I read somewhere that his contract runs out tomorrow, which is why the urgency for him to sign tomorrow
  • Birmingham job may be available soon...
  • ross1 said:
    Everyone keeps saying Bowyer's contract runs out on June 30th, so we have time, but I believe I read somewhere that his contract runs out tomorrow, which is why the urgency for him to sign tomorrow
    30th June is the standard dates for contracts to run. I think people have just got the deadline Richard Cawley mentioned mixed up and assumed it was the expiry date.

Though I guess if it really is a final deadline and he doesn't agree a new deal he'd leave soon after anyway.
  • edited June 2019
    He won't be short of other offers so I assume he is either given something realistic to sign or he isn't by tomorrow. And if he isn't that will be the end of it.

Yet another example where Roland's knowledge of football has let him down. It was clear Bowyer had something about him before everybody else wanted him, but he let the contract drag on and now Bowyer is worth more! 

Same with Aribo. You do have to apply football judgement to decisions, but its something we don't tend to do with this prick in charge.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!