Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• FFS!!... Losing the plot, swear I read it as though he wanted a top salary...

Ignore me!!... Wibble!!
  • He clearly wants to stay as he has stuck through Roland insulting him with a Lower L1 offer. It is embarrassing!
  • Pay? Contract length? Budget? Or all three?

What’s the sticking point?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Fair play to Bowyer for tolerating that prick. Can’t think of many other managers that would still be around after what’s been thrown at him.

If it was a.n. other who didn't have an affiliation to the club then I reckon they would have walked away by now.
  • And it's not just Bowyer, is it?

Jacko and Marshall are both out of contract also.

• What's Jose Riga up to these days?
  • What's Jose Riga up to these days?
    He's had his fingers burned too often by Twoshits.

• Oggy Red said:
    What's Jose Riga up to these days?
    He's had his fingers burned too often by Twoshits.

He'd be back in a heart beat.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would have sooner give bowyer £200000 instead of Leyton orient.we probably made enough money out of play offs to give bowyer a decent contract.If he gave him 2 years we could get compensation if another club takes him as well. I mean if Chelsea can get 5 million compensation for that shit manager. 
    Its a no brainier to me.
  • No brainers are not the best decisions for somebody like Duchatelet to take. It assumes too much sanity and intelligence.
  • This feels just like Duchatelet offering Kermorgant a salary than he was already on just so he could say he'd offered him a contract. It's disgraceful if he's done that again.
  • Bubble said:
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-5050-to-leave-club-as-he-holds-out-for-improved-contract-offer-a4169001.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

“But Duchatelet has made him a low offer that would put his salary in line with managers in the bottom half of League One.”

The Standard, that go to newspaper for football and news about Charlton Athletic in particular...
  • No idea what Bowyer's salary is but i'd have preferred it if we'd given Bowyer a 2 year deal with a 100k a year pay rise, over signing Bonne for 200k.

Nothing against Bonne, but we can cope without him. We're in the shit without Bowyer.
  • No idea what Bowyer's salary is but i'd have preferred it if we'd given Bowyer a 2 year deal with a 100k a year pay rise, over signing Bonne for 200k.

Nothing against Bonne, but we can cope without him. We're in the shit without Bowyer.
    We’re always in the shit with Dushitelet in charge.
    The clue is in the name.

• edited June 2019
    I don’t get any of this.

If LB is being offered a bottom half L1 salary, what on earth was he on last season?

Bonne is pictured shaking hands with LB last Tuesday, surely the player would’ve wanted some assurances about the managerial position/takeover before he signed.

Why would Duchatelet authorise a LB/Gallen signing involving a fee if he knew there was little chance of LB accepting a new contract?
  • Macronate said:

Bonne is pictured shaking hands with LB last Tuesday, surely the player would’ve wanted some assurances about the managerial position/takeover before he signed.

Last Tuesday?

• Sponsored links:

• Duchatelet asked Alan Turing in a dream if Bowyer's demands were taking the mick.
    Turing said Kings Ferry has loads of coaches.
  • He's a goner I reckon. JJ to take over?
  • He's a goner I reckon. JJ to take over?
    If he stays.
  • I am still fairly confident Bowyer will sign but just with everything with Roland something so simple has been made hard work. 
  • But he has just signed a player - that isn't what a manager who is about to leave does. like everything with this club under Roland - it does your head in!
    Agreed on both points.
    Taylor signed for Cafc instead of Sunderland, and in Lyle's own words it was because he could learn more under Lee Bowyer and improve again. (Which he did)

Bowyer comes across as a straight talking guy. Would he bullshit Bonne or would he say I'm in negotiations on my own contract but hope to be here to help your progression.
    As John Humphreys said to me on a train last season, for professional footballers having your contract signed, being picked and staying fit and winning are the main concerns for a player not the off field political stuff, that is for the passionate fans.
    As JH is a fan, he see the bigger picture now.

• This takeover needs to happen asap. 
  • If its true that Bowyer wants the salary of a top half Championship Manager then part of me questions if he's done enough to deserve that... Yes he did great in League One on a shoe string budget, but he's still only a year into Management (Frank Lampard is the same but he's gone straight from playing) and he's unproven as a Manager at this level

i.e. Its not so much Bowyer himself or Roland but I'd question why he deserves to be on more money than those Managers around him like Neil Harris @ Millwall or Paul Cook @ Wigan (if Lee is being offered more than what they're on)
    Read it again. RD is offering bottom half of L1.
    If, and I say if that is correct, then the Chris Wilder non signing for Charlton because of some fans intervention in telling Wilder to get everything in writing (I'm sure he would have anyway) makes you wonder about the revenge thought in that complex Brain of RD.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!