Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• It's not gonna end well , is it ?
  • It's not gonna end well , is it ?
    Pass me the crystal ball.  ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    It's not gonna end well , is it ?
    Hope I'm proved wrong and it all ends happy ever after.
  • If I had to bet £10 on this, I’d stick it on him signing. 
  • RedChaser said:
    It's not gonna end well , is it ?
    Hope I'm proved wrong and it all ends happy ever after.
    Don't we all, que sera sera :cold_sweat:
  • Probably discussed on here but someone I know who works at one of players academy said bowyer was offered no weekly wage but just win draw and lose bonus. 
  • iamdan said:
    Probably discussed on here but someone I know who works at one of players academy said bowyer was offered no weekly wage but just win draw and lose bonus. 
    That would make sense. And it is crazy like Roland as it can only be attractive if you are going to be well backed which we know Bowyer won't be. 
  • How many times can this bloke destroy us? After all the shite we’ve been through it’s amazing that this club still finds a way. We’ve come back. Fans players and management United. There’s a glimmer of hope. Seize it and we could go on one hell of a journey. But no. No. He’s going to kill us again. 

• RedChaser said:
    At least they are still in negotiations, no need to push the panic button until the talks are off, having completely broken down.
    Tick tock 
    Tick tock. 
    Boomtown Rats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thommo said:
    Let’s hope this is true. With him in charge we will at least have a chance of staying up. The whole thing is really dragging now. Hope we can see some signings in ASAP. The free agents are starting to get signed up now. 
  • As others have said, his demands will surely include his budget so there is even more reason need it to happen.
  • I follow his lakes on social media,  they just posted a photo of him with a decent carp saying that he's there for the week. Can't see much happening, unless he's going back vis Belgium?
  • I think in this day and age, holidays can always be interupted.
  • Maybe so, I thought it may be of interest that he's taken another holiday, as he was meant to be signing, or at least talking about signing, after his last one. Was it planned or spontaneous? 
  • I follow his lakes on social media,  they just posted a photo of him with a decent carp saying that he's there for the week. Can't see much happening, unless he's going back vis Belgium?
    Sounds fishy to me.
    Could this be a red Herring to divert attention. ?
    That's down near St-Dizier isn't it?
  • vffvff
    edited June 2019
    Moo said:
    Thommo said:
    Let’s hope this is true. With him in charge we will at least have a chance of staying up. The whole thing is really dragging now. Hope we can see some signings in ASAP. The free agents are starting to get signed up now. 
    Good to read that Daily Mail is reporting that Lee Bowyer will sign.

’Duchatelet keen to pin Bowyer to a long term deal’ 🤔 not sure about that bit or the deal would have been sealed already. I guess, Charlton supporters should take the positive news reports, where we can them.
  • Isn't the Mail the club's media of choice for such news? Not sure it helps me feel optimistic.
  • Sponsored links:

Yes it is, just oitside Vitry-le-François, south of Reims ironically enough
    Yes it is, just oitside Vitry-le-François, south of Reims ironically enough
    Everything is ‘South of Reames’!
  • Isn't the Mail the club's media of choice for such news? Not sure it helps me feel optimistic.
    They were the first to say RD would buy us just before his takeover and the first to link the Aussies with us.
  • edited June 2019
    I think what is fortunate for us is that WBA have signed up Bilic, QPR already have Warburton and would have to pay compo to lose him, Leeds signed up Bielsa to avoid that temptation, Blues look like they are sticking with Monk and the Derby Lampard situation looks like it could go on for some time. 

Bowyer wouldn't really have a better offer than us unless he waited it out. Roland is about to have a stroke of luck again and doesn't even realise why 
  • At 12.45pm I've just had an epiphany !

Despite Lee Bowyer having gone fishing he has agreed a new contract and it will be type up and ready to sign in a week's time or when ever Lee is back home in Sevenoaks.
    Chris Parkes will be the person to present it to him.

No inside knowledge or ITK friends.
    Just a feeling like a shining light where everything becomes lucid.

This will be announced Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

And relax.
  • If Lee really has gone fishing then it worries me. There is a lot for him to be getting on with back at Charlton with only half a squad and no money. I’m thinking that if it’s true he’s gone to his lakes for a few days it could well be that he feels he needs space to make a very big decision. 
  • If Lee really has gone fishing then it worries me. There is a lot for him to be getting on with back at Charlton with only half a squad and no money. I’m thinking that if it’s true he’s gone to his lakes for a few days it could well be that he feels he needs space to make a very big decision. 
    If you are discussing your contract with someone in Belgium, discussing players with Gallen or talking to players around the country. I would assume this would be done by phone, rather than driving hundreds of miles every day.
  • He’s staying , 99% sure of it 

• The contract has been fed to a fish named Mark. If Bowyer catches said fish , he has agreed to sign it!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!