Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 2018/19 CHARLTON LIFE END OF SEASON STATBANK

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic stats LL. Really interesting.

A few things I took out of this- firstly how on earth did we beat Burton away. Nearly every stat suggests we should have been comfortably beaten 2 or 3-0 and it was one our worst performance of the season, but I guess you'll always get 1 or 2 of those smash and grab games across the course of the season. I wasn't there that night but remember reading how fortunate we were.

Also that we only averaged 47.7% possession in 11-12 season stunned me, the season we won league 1 with 101 points. If I've read that right then that's utterly bizarre.

Also our game we had most possession in this season was Wimbledon at home we had a man less for a third of the game. I do remember thinking at the time how weirdly defensive and reluctant to have the ball they were when they had a man more.
  • Options
    Thank you, LL.  I'm sure this is a labour of love, but time consuming all the same.  Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Well done.
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:

A few things I took out of this- firstly how on earth did we beat Burton away. Nearly every stat suggests we should have been comfortably beaten 2 or 3-0 and it was one our worst performance of the season, but I guess you'll always get 1 or 2 of those smash and grab games across the course of the season. I wasn't there that night but remember reading how fortunate we were.

Also that we only averaged 47.7% possession in 11-12 season stunned me, the season we won league 1 with 101 points. If I've read that right then that's utterly bizarre.

Also our game we had most possession in this season was Wimbledon at home we had a man less for a third of the game. I do remember thinking at the time how weirdly defensive and reluctant to have the ball they were when they had a man more.
    Burton away was the ultimate undeserved win, but then these things even out over a season. I always mark players by the performance rather than the result, as the two don't always coincide!

Wimbledon were pathetic that day. I'm staggered at how they turned things around, seeing that Downes was already in charge that day
  • Options
    Great stuff, but although i didn't go/see the Peterborough home match i thought that ref would've had a really low mark.
    Luckily for him I don't think we'd started scoring refs at that stage!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    ReeCAFC15 said:

Burton away was the ultimate undeserved win, but then these things even out over a season. I always mark players by the performance rather than the result, as the two don't always coincide!

Wimbledon were pathetic that day. I'm staggered at how they turned things around, seeing that Downes was already in charge that day
    Same here, thought exactly the same - that Wimbledon were doomed after that match and shocked they got out of it.
  • Options
    Thanks Lancs
  • Options
    Surprised how low KAG's average rating was.
  • Options
    Great collection of stats Thx for putting them together