Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which Sunderland player is this?

SiSi
edited May 2019 in General Charlton
For some reason I can’t stop watching that goal go in. It haunts me. 
But I noticed this on one of the replays - the one Sunderland player whose immediate reaction is horror and empathy rather than jubilation. Kinda liked it. Who is it?

Comments

• Cattermole
  • I saw that. Bit of an odd reaction.  Maybe he just felt sorry for him. 
  • Definitely Lee Cattermole.
  • Cattermole. He had £100 on Wyke to be the first scorer  ;)
    I know a joke but FYI own goals dont count for betting. First goalscorer still runs and bookies paid on Purrington 👍
  • cs1986 said:
    Cattermole. He had £100 on Wyke to be the first scorer  ;)
    I know a joke but FYI own goals dont count for betting. First goalscorer still runs and bookies paid on Purrington 👍
    Anybody here have that bet?
  • cs1986 said:
    That’s brilliant, never knew that! 
  • Talal said:
    Thought it showed he's a decent bloke to be honest. Professional feeling empathy for fellow professionals.

Though expect it being so early in the game had something to do with it too. 
    Exactly what I thought. He look devastated at full time.

Always came across as a 100% type player and would be interested to know what Sunderland fans think of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• They call him the crab because they say he can only pass sideways. And they say he and Leadbitter are immobile.
  • Talal said:
    Thought it showed he's a decent bloke to be honest. Professional feeling empathy for fellow professionals.

Though expect it being so early in the game had something to do with it too. 
    Exactly what I thought. He look devastated at full time.

Always came across as a 100% type player and would be interested to know what Sunderland fans think of him.
    Sure I read at the beginning of the season he was in the Jack Rodwell camp of people that they wanted rid of but we’re on stupid money. I think their new owner even referenced him directly as someone they wanted rid of.

Arguably says a lot about his character that he dug in, played and captained them for the most part of the season against that backdrop.
  • His reaction is not necessarily one of sympathy. It could be a note to self to keep self controlled and with it, as been gifted a goal. 
  • cs1986 said:
    I found that out many years ago when online bookies were not around and i went to a shop, put a decent wedge on an England game, first scorer and result.  First goal was an own goal, ripped up ticket and threw it away. Second goal was my man and result came in.  Was moaning about it a couple of weeks later when a mate pointed out i had won if i had kept the ticket.
  • se9addick said:
    cs1986 said:
    Yeah another tip if you fancy nil nil as correct score always back no goalscorer. It's always the same odds but you get paid out as a winner if own goals are scored only! 

I have a slight gambling problem 😂😂
  • cs1986 said:

Haha no had Lyle. But i reckon Nanny knew I had the boys to win and btts!

:
  • Could also be a sign of disbelief - I doubt he is feeling sorry for us then
    I think I did the same in disbelief.
  • Could also be a sign of disbelief - I doubt he is feeling sorry for us then
    I think I did the same in disbelief.
    Pat Bauer did.

And Lee Bowyer on the touchline.

• cs1986 said:
    Had all three goalscorers anytime bet. Sarr didn't count unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Noticed that when I watched the game back on Saturday night...thought it was an odd thing to do, but it rarely happens.

Seen some bizarre own goals in my time but the one that tops this was seeing Jim Tolmies back pass from the half way line in 1981 at Carlisle.
  • Noticed that when I watched the game back on Saturday night...thought it was an odd thing to do, but it rarely happens.

Seen some bizarre own goals in my time but the one that tops this was seeing Jim Tolmies back pass from the half way line in 1981 at Carlisle.
    Tolmie's changed the game as we were 2-0 down at the time.
  • se9addick said:
    cs1986 said:
    Well known betting trick... back no goalscorer at Bookie A and back over 0.5 at Bookie B. If the match finishes 1-0 with an own goal, you win both bets.

Only worth doing if you can get a zero risk situation obviously... and bookies will soon restrict you for betting on “no goalscorer”...
  • There must be some clever dick intelligent person, who can explain why we hold our heads in such situations.
  • They call him the crab because they say he can only pass sideways. And they say he and Leadbitter are immobile.
    David Batty made a career of it.  Perhaps he should have approached his penalty v Argentina laterally
  • Oggy Red said:
    Noticed that when I watched the game back on Saturday night...thought it was an odd thing to do, but it rarely happens.

How did you manage to watch the game back the night before it was actually played, Chippy? :smile:

Bloody hell must have had a good night. 
  • cs1986 said:

Had Paddy as last goalscorer at 50's
  • There must be some clever dick intelligent person, who can explain why we hold our heads in such situations.
    I saw it explained on Qi once, but can't remember the reason. Hope that helps.