Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Did the stewards know something??

Anyone else notice a huge line of stewards lining up at the Charlton end minutes before THAT goal?

Hardly any at the Sunderland end.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    They came out at around 75 minutes.
    Sunderland did seem to have a lot less though
  • They came out at around 75 minutes.
    Sunderland did seem to have a lot less though
    At the time I thought that was a bit strange! It's not as if the lower tier at the Sunderland end was completely empty
  • One of the  stewards on the concourse asked me where Charlton was. He said he thought it in the country somewhere.
    Charlton........Worcestershire.
  • One of the  stewards on the concourse asked me where Charlton was. He said he thought it in the country somewhere.
    Are you surprised? I found most of the stewards - both inside and outside the stadium - were foreign.
    Charlton........Worcestershire.
    Yeah, up near me.
    Charlton Kings innit.
    I too wondered why we had the honour of the stewards..
  • Sponsored links:

• They did the same on Monday
  • I had to remove my sunglasses upon entering. Thought that was a bit OTT
  • Maybe all the penalties were gonna be taken at the Charlton end, again. :D
  • JT said:
    I had to remove my sunglasses upon entering. Thought that was a bit OTT
    Really......did they give a reason, I suppose they must have some kind of recognition surveillance set up upon entry?
    I assume you were allowed to wear them once inside the stadium?
  • Amazing how they didn't find the two red smoke cannisters that were set off during the match.

The second one after our first goal was dropped directly in front of me and after about five different stewards looked at it they got two firemen with a long pole to retrieve what was left of it.

Then there was the post mortem. About 20 stewards of various ranks and different uniforms stared menacingly at any Charlton fans near the incident and six of them came to look at the spot on the concrete decking where the now removed smoke cannister had been dropped.
  • The stewards actually came out at both ends, but to our end first, and then at the east end about five minutes later.  After the game, once the Mackems had mostly gone, the extra stewards all came up to our end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our large following was boosted by loads of Millwall. The police were warned. Hence, the need for more stewards. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    The stewards actually came out at both ends, but to our end first, and then at the east end about five minutes later.  After the game, once the Mackems had mostly gone, the extra stewards all came up to our end.
    That’s the way we saw it. 
  • That's because the match (and season) was scripted by netflix. 
  • The stewards were tipped off that soft terrorists had infiltrated the Charlton hoards. 
  • JT said:
    I had to remove my sunglasses upon entering. Thought that was a bit OTT
    Really......did they give a reason, I suppose they must have some kind of recognition surveillance set up upon entry?
    I assume you were allowed to wear them once inside the stadium?

It wasn't OTT.  They were Disney sunglasses.  He was told to remove them as he's a grown man.

Peppa Pig. 

Actually. 
  • My favourite search of the day was at The Green Man, where the steward couldn't be arsed to stop smoking his cig or put his phone away so he used the back of his hand with the phone in to pat me on the arm twice and let me in 
  • My favourite search of the day was at The Green Man, where the steward couldn't be arsed to stop smoking his cig or put his phone away so he used the back of his hand with the phone in to pat me on the arm twice and let me in 
    I had a similar experience, he was very interested in my empty bag for life (waitrose) but didn't care about anything I had in my pockets.
  • addick05 said:
    One of the  stewards on the concourse asked me where Charlton was. He said he thought it in the country somewhere.
    Are you surprised? I found most of the stewards - both inside and outside the stadium - were foreign.
    I'm foreign, but I know where Belenenses play...