Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Divided opinion between Sunderland fans about both our goals and who was better side

Comments

• Options
    ref was a wanker who would't book anyone for some reason, i thought they were quite poor tbh!.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    There’s some twats on that forum that’s for sure.....I honestly don’t know where to start.
  • Options
    Sour. Grapes.

End of...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Agree - some total bells on there - some good posters as well

However, in terms of our winning goal I think there are some refs out there who would have disallowed it due to the challenge in the box

I'm not saying I agree, just that some would have done that
  • Options
    Don’t read it. Let them wibble. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    One poster is saying they should be petitioning the EFL to have Sunderland promoted instead of Barnsley, on the basis of Sunderland having a bigger budget and fanbase. And I don’t think he’s joking. 

Enough Sunderland fans have been refreshingly honest about how little they deserved to win that game. I think we can forgive them for the handful who are having a bit of a whinge. 
    Morpeth mackem ..I called him a delusional tit on page 7..Got likes of other mackems for it.

• Options
    Not really bothered to be honest. We're up, let them think what they like. 
  • Options
    Apart from the first 15 minutes, I thought we were the better team without really troubling them, our midfield is/was a class above all season. 
  • Options

I dont think its relevant, we won and that's it! doesn't matter of who is right and wrong, we will be in the Championship they will not, its black and white...

Neither team were much better than the other, my own view is they had a 10 minute spell after they scored where I was worried(bricking it!), then we controlled the game, Cullen bossed it. Thought we struggled the last 20 minutes and scored against the run of play. They looked dangerous when crossing, we played the better football in the middle (at times).

Anyways who cares! COYR

• Options
    any team that plays DonkeyMan (A K A Wyke) up front and pays millions for Groggy Grigg deserve to win fuck all .. having said that, had we lost, this site would be full of foul play accusations and whinging posts ((:>)
  • Options
    Every club has fans who blame the ref when they don’t get the result they want, including us. If they turned a few of their draws into wins they’d have gone up automatically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

However, in terms of our winning goal I think there are some refs out there who would have disallowed it due to the challenge in the box

Nonsense!
  • Options
    All about opinions,Here we have a classic example of a club spending a fortune on  so called strikers who have contributed nothing to their clubs cause.Then we have Charlton who spent nothing,we have Taylor who runs his nuts off every game,even if he dosent score,he will assist.Parker runs his self into the ground.We had Cullen and his mates all trying to play good mid field football,they had cattermole and leadbetter who did nothing other than foul and niggle,either could have seen Red.No doubt the better team won.
  • Options

Nonsense!
    Not at all - all I am saying is that I think there are refs out there who would have blown up and said the Sunderland defender was fouled because he was smothered by the Charlton player

I can see how others would see it that way - I don't agree - but I could see it happening 
  • Options
    We weren't our flowing best, we all know that. We looked more likely than them though and our equaliser was a goal Brazil would have been proud to score. Sometimes you have to dig in and we have the characters to do that when required! We were louder and better on the day - even if better wasn't our very best. I don't really see how that can be debated seriously.
  • Options
    We even scored a goal for them and they still couldn’t beat us. We finished 3rd, them 5th over the course of the season and we beat them over 90 (+4) minutes. 

The right team were promoted, it’s almost impossible to build an argument to the contrary. 
  • Options
    Whats laughable are the offside claims.

Purrington, and Pratley, are clearly behind the ball but because they are ahead of the defenders some mackems think they are offside.

Stanley Mathews never set up a goal by that reasoning.
  • Options
    Whats laughable are the offside claims.

Purrington, and Pratley, are clearly behind the ball but because they are ahead of the defenders some mackems think they are offside.

Stanley Mathews never set up a goal by that reasoning.
    Nah they’re saying that Purrington was in an offside position when Dijksteel flicked the ball on toward Taylor. Different phases though, that stopped being offside some years ago.