Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Billy Bonds?
    Biddy Baxter?
    Billy Bremner?
    Wait a minute.......
  • Options
    Bob the Builder? 
  • Options
    Billy Bigbollocks?
  • Options
    Locals make good--
    Ficial Shilling.
    Peanuts A'Tanner.
    Valley Floyd-Road.

Released--
    Roland Duchatelet
  • Options
    Bill Belichick
  • Options
    Bobby Baratheon
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    We really do need Rolly to sod off.

Limited budget will probably mean a total re-build which loses us momentum.

Back four look OK. Page with Stevenson another year older backing up. Sarr, Pearce left side. I think Bauer will re sign on a similar deal as I assume he was on a good one. Dyksteel right back with Solly backing up (would love to pick up Jenkinson on a free).

Thats it.

We have been fortunate this season with youngsters good enough to step up to the 1st team. If we include them in our squad we are desperately short of players every where else as I doubt there are too many close now. It was similar when we first went up to the prem after beating Sunderland. Not enough back up. We went down and came back as champions and had youth players coming through that helped us stay up.

Bows says it will be easier to attract players, but they will cost more. We just need the old git out of here.

A massive budget would also mean a total rebuild. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    We really do need Rolly to sod off.

Limited budget will probably mean a total re-build which loses us momentum.

Back four look OK. Page with Stevenson another year older backing up. Sarr, Pearce left side. I think Bauer will re sign on a similar deal as I assume he was on a good one. Dyksteel right back with Solly backing up (would love to pick up Jenkinson on a free).

Thats it.

We have been fortunate this season with youngsters good enough to step up to the 1st team. If we include them in our squad we are desperately short of players every where else as I doubt there are too many close now. It was similar when we first went up to the prem after beating Sunderland. Not enough back up. We went down and came back as champions and had youth players coming through that helped us stay up.

Bows says it will be easier to attract players, but they will cost more. We just need the old git out of here.

A massive budget would also mean a total rebuild. 
    I could handle that.

I expect Bows could as well.

I also know which one is easier.
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Billy Bingham.. 
    He’s just signed for Bromley I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:
    I'd take:
    Championship survival in the first season
    Mid table second season
    Play offs third season
    Auto's in the 4th season (if not promoted in the third). 

I would take staying up, keeping Boyer/Jacko, getting rid of Roland.... and the rest in gravy.
  • Options
    Billy Bunter.
  • Options
    Boris (The) Blade 
  • Options
    Amos away with Philips, solly, jfc, ajose and Lennon. 

Means his signing right lol 
  • Options
    Bob Bubka
  • Options
    Think Billy Bingham has signed for Bromley
  • Options
    Given our small budget, we need someone with an in depth knowledge of Northern European leagues. Anyone know somebody like that?
  • Options
    This small budget, can't help thinking it's the same amount as this season given Roland's track record. But surely not?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    The Rat didn't want us to go up ,it could cost him more money ----- how soon people forget he gave Bowyer NO money from the Grant transfer----- he is trapped by big own monumental EGO he won't drop his asking price and Bowyer  gets fuck all dosh AGAIN
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    The Rat didn't want us to go up ,it could cost him more money ----- how soon people forget he gave Bowyer NO money from the Grant transfer----- he is trapped by big own monumental EGO he won't drop his asking price and Bowyer  gets fuck all dosh AGAIN
    He openly stated in his letter to the EFL that he feared The Championship because he expected losses to grow, not shrink. Others here say we will get an extra 6-8M pounds being in this division. He might well look at that extra money as a way to cut his annual loses and not spend any money at all, and then hope someone buys us before we go back down. In fact, I suspect that is exactly what he will do. If he cared about promotion over losses, he never would have sold KAG in the winter. I fear we might have a repeat in June; let every player out of contract go, sell Lyle, pocket all the new money and hope someone buys before the 2020 Jan window.
  • Options
    I’m guessing the budget will be about the same as this season just gone. Any increased revenue RD pockets to offset losses. 
  • Options
    A good manager gets more than the sum of its parts out of his team. Bowyer is a good manager. We’ll be ok but it’s such a pity that RD is too stupid to realise that building on this season’s momentum might have increased the value of the club still further.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    There must be a list, I only know one player on it atm
    Eaves? 
    Don’t know what all the hype is about. I didn’t even want him to sign in League 1 never mind now 
  • Options
    and just signed a new contract and his 30;s??
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Redhenry said:
    There must be a list, I only know one player on it atm
    Eaves? 
    Don’t know what all the hype is about. I didn’t even want him to sign in League 1 never mind now 
    Because realistically we aren't going to be breaking the bank for players so the best way to go about it is snapping up the best players below us similar to Lyle Taylor. I never forget when we signed Taylor so many Sunderland fans saying 'ay we're Sunderland man, can surely do better than Lyle Taylor' 'he's a league 1 player ffs'. If they signed him from us now they would have Lyle Taylor bed sheets in a week.

He is a big bloke, could be good foil for Lyle, scored 21 goals and 2 assists in a poor Gillingham team. He is in his prime years like Lyle, doesn't seem the mercenary type, seems similar to Lyle in the sense he is a late bloomer and has now finally found his groove. Plays for a localish team so it's not like he will get a case of the Dale Stephens. I think the season before he notched 20 goals or something as well.

Definitely in the Lee Bowyer type signings I would say and we have to think big picture. We will be in a relegation scrap, a big bloke for set pieces could be vital in a relegation fight. We are going to be visiting grounds like Craven Cottage and Elland Road, where let's face it we will be massive underdogs. Going to need players like this with a bit about them.

Tom Eaves #1 fan.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I shudder to think the quality Bowyer could bring in if he were given £3M to spend. Even if all the players came from League One, five young players x $600k each = Wow.
  • Options
    I shudder to think the quality Bowyer could bring in if he were given £3M to spend. Even if all the players came from League One, five young players x $600k each = Wow.
    Are we buying from the MLS then?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Ben Coker at southend on a free maybe a decent left back option.