Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Rumours

Comments

• Options
    There’s nothing much in there to suggest he will stay. I really hope he does , but it will come down to cash, which I doubt we have 
  • Options
    Not shocked in the slightest...
  • Options
    No idea who this might be but I'd do what's worked for both Curbs and Powell in the recent(ish) past. Sign up the best players in the league you've just come out of and suppliment with a sprinkling of experience and quality from the league above if possible. 

I can't see us splashing much cash about but LB has got himself a good reputation for bringing on younger players like Cullen so I'd expect more loans in and a few freebies. 
    That is pretty similar to what Sheff Utd done when they went up. They bought in quite a few of the best players from league 1 and added some decent loans from Premier league sides. I dont think they spent too much but could be wrong, maybe 5m? And look at them now in the Premier again already.
    If we got good money for Aribo and big IF it was given to Bowyer to invest in the team it could be a pretty enjoyable season. Obviously i would prefer him to stay but some off the teams he is being linked with makes me think one of them are going to take a punt on him just hope we get money like when Lookman left and not silly money like we did for Gomez. Would be really pissed off if he left us for a team like Brentford.
  • Options
    We wont get big money for Aribo as he's out of contract.

A small development fee maybe but he joined us from Stained at around 18.

But agree that league 1 will have some bargain free transfers.
  • Options
    Living in London/Kent and playing in the championship or living in rotherham playing in league one? It's no surprise he wants to stay.
  • Options

Damn i thought he had 1yr left
  • Options
    Don’t know why just got a feeling we will end up with Eaves from Gillingham 
  • Options
    While still trying to comprehend the magnitude of Sundays achievement, among that we've got promoted with literally one left-back, one right sided centre half and one proper striker. Won't get away with that again next season though. Hopefully the sheer amount of recruitment required will encourage Roland to Foxtrot Oscar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t know why just got a feeling we will end up with Eaves from Gillingham 
    Agreed 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    If we get Eaves then we might as well get Roofe from Leeds.
    Come on let’s wipe the slate clean and start over
  • Options
    made our pitch and on the verge
  • Options
    Maybe Patrick Rafter is part of the Australian consortium?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    It's a frame up
  • Options
    I see Chukes Aneke is out of contract at MkDons - good enough for Championship?

George Edmunson at Oldham looks a real prospect and would be ideal but with a price tag, RD won’t fund him and if we are sold he will probably have gone already.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Chukes Aneke is out of contract at MkDons - good enough for Championship?

George Edmunson at Oldham looks a real prospect and would be ideal but with a price tag, RD won’t fund him and if we are sold he will probably have gone already.

I like Aneke and he would have been on my list had we stayed down. A bit like Graham Carey. Are they worth a punt in a higher league? 
  • Options
    Don't see the point of putting transfer rumours out when Bowyer still hasn't been given a contract, that's the priority.
  • Options

We'll only get money for Aribo if he stays in England

If he goes abroad or north of the border then there wont be a development fee
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I heard a while back that Bauer loves it at Charlton, loves living in Chislehurst but desperately wanted Championship football.  I'd say there is a good chance he'll stay now.
    That would make sense, as Blackburn were definitely interested last summer and if he really wanted to move I'm sure it would have happened

A new child as well now, so I doubt he'd want to move house at the moment
  • Options
    Saw a post on facebook group of Williams delivering two signed shirts. Said he wants to stay and loved his 5 months here, but the ball is in Charltons court
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I heard a while back that Bauer loves it at Charlton, loves living in Chislehurst but desperately wanted Championship football.  I'd say there is a good chance he'll stay now.
    I’d have thought he might need to be offered a  contract though and fairly soon? 

I mean ideally he would would have been approached last year but to leave it this late is massively crazy. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Yeah, but you watch the idiot owner offer Bauer less money than he's on now.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Swisdom said:
    Yeah, but you watch the idiot owner offer Bauer less money than he's on now.

I agree @Oggy Red but I think that Roland will do it in a more circuitous way by offering Bauer a slight increase on his current contract, withdrawing the offer before Patrick and his representatives have an opportunity to respond and then offering a revised figure of 50% (in the manner of Joe Aribo).

What a clown Duchatelet is. Unless and until Bowyer and his staff are re-signed, it's almost academic to talk about the playing staff.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    That would make sense, as Blackburn were definitely interested last summer and if he really wanted to move I'm sure it would have happened

A new child as well now, so I doubt he'd want to move house at the moment
    He wanted the move at the start of the season and was told no, he wasn't happy at that time.