Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Days 19/20

Comments

• Options
    Done them all. Looking forward to taking Golfie Jnr to Leeds as it's a proper "big" club opposed to somewhere like Hull. Would be nice to have Swansea, Cardiff or Bristol City.away in August as we can then combine them with a holiday down in Devon or Wales. 

Only just realised the amount of largish  recent ex Premier League clubs I can take him too as well.......such as Stoke, Derby & WBA. Much better than the recent trips to Accrington, Rochdale & Peterboro. 

What do you reckon will be outer Boxing Day game........Reading or Luton perhaps. Don't thnk it will be a London team.  
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Planning my first trip to the valley in November or early December. Would love to do a home and an away game. Home on Saturday, away on Tuesday would be amazing but we'll see how the fixtures fall. June 20th can't come soon enough!
    You’ll love it.

Assuming you’ll be staying in London it might be easier to have an away on Saturday, home on Tuesday combination.

Also remember to wait for Sky to make changes to the fixtures as this will be a bigger factor in the Championship than it has been in L1, I’m not sure when those dates are confirmed. 
    Cheers mate!! I'll be sure to keep that in mind!
  • Options
    one of my favourite ever grounds is hillsbrough still remember jj free kick to shut the weds wankers up 
    All day long. Hillsborough is a cracking ground.

In advance for you as I know you do not know the away pub circuit!

New Barrack Tavern
    Kelham Island Tavern
    The Shakespeare
    The Fat Cat
  • Options
    Done them all. Looking forward to taking Golfie Jnr to Leeds as it's a proper "big" club opposed to somewhere like Hull. Would be nice to have Swansea, Cardiff or Bristol City.away in August as we can then combine them with a holiday down in Devon or Wales. 

Only just realised the amount of largish  recent ex Premier League clubs I can take him too as well.......such as Stoke, Derby & WBA. Much better than the recent trips to Accrington, Rochdale & Peterboro. 

What do you reckon will be outer Boxing Day game........Reading or Luton perhaps. Don't thnk it will be a London team.  
    Millwall lunchtime on NYD?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Nicholas said:
    Never been to Huddersfield, Hull, Preston and Stoke, so looking to tick these off. no doubt 2 will be on a Tuesday night and the other 2 1230 kickoffs on sky.
    I reckon of all the Northern outposts i must be well into double figures at Leeds since the 60's and Huddersfield at least half a dozen times.
    You have probably seen Trevor Cherry play for both teams.
    And Frank Worthington  ;).
  • Options
    If you have seen your team play away to a club that is them ticked off whether they have moved to a new ground since and you ain’t been. Swansea and Preston for me .
  • Options
    If you have seen your team play away to a club that is them ticked off whether they have moved to a new ground since and you ain’t been. Swansea and Preston for me .
    I'm still having Bournemouth away in a pre season friendly aswell
  • Options
    Do you count Forest away last day of the season early 90s as well Steve? just I seem to remember you being sparko out pissed after about 20 minutes, same day there was a load of trouble between Palace & Birmingham. 
  • Options
    Wednesday for me, old school ground never been, and looking forward to catching up with OP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    barnsley, cardiff, stoke, swansea and wigan are the one's i haven't done - might give the welsh one's a go this time - wigan probably the least appealing but a lot depends on the circumstances - if we need to win at wigan to go up or stay up, i'll be there 
  • Options
    Cardiff & Stoke the only new grounds for me. (Obviously went to Ninian Park & The Victoria Ground). 
  • Options
    There are half a dozen current grounds I've not been to, so I'd hope to chalk a couple off, subject to the timing of the fixtures and family and other circumstances:
    - Barnsley
    - Preston (tempting)
    - Wigan (possible overnight in Liverpool ?)
    - Stoke (not very attractive. Saw us at the Victoria in the 1985/86 promotion season)
    - Cardiff (only been to Ninian Park) 
    - Swansea (an overnight in the Mumbles ?)

The three West London derbies are very attractive (if tickets are available), whilst a couple of my best friends support Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough, so they are highly likely. I have mates who support Reading and Huddersfield, so they are also possibles, as are trips to places like Leeds and Forest.
  • Options
    A rare championship/div 2 season without either Norwich or Ipswich means I have no away games within two hours of me! Still.... I expect to do a fair few anyway. 
  • Options
    I'll probably do the London ones and Bristol so can see my niece and her family.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Planning my first trip to the valley in November or early December. Would love to do a home and an away game. Home on Saturday, away on Tuesday would be amazing but we'll see how the fixtures fall. June 20th can't come soon enough!
    You’ll love it.

Assuming you’ll be staying in London it might be easier to have an away on Saturday, home on Tuesday combination.

Also remember to wait for Sky to make changes to the fixtures as this will be a bigger factor in the Championship than it has been in L1, I’m not sure when those dates are confirmed. 
    That will only apply to our games with Leeds, won't it?
  • Options

Millwall lunchtime on NYD?
    Our games with Millwall are nearly always around October and March time.
  • Options
    Great to read this thread and see that we are playing against bigger and better clubs and it’s genuine interest to go to these places .
    all the faux excitement about League One clubs and fixtures etc winds me up , we shouldn’t be in that poxy League (historically it’s the least of the top 3 we’ve been in ) and we should never be in a division below our real local rivals !  
    in general no one knows many fans of the crap clubs in League One but we have a proper south London derby against the scum to look forward to not a Kent bumpkin trip to gillingham as our biggest local game .

cardiff and Preston only teams I haven’t done and a couple of the newer grounds as well .

we’ re on our way we’re on our way , to the Championship .....

• Options
    • September 7
    • October 12
    • November 16
    • March 28
    we will not have games due to internationals another perk of being championship. 
  • Options
    Makes such a difference that you instantly know where these places are and can generally get a train straight there.

No more looking up where in the country somewhere like Fleetwood is and then trying to work out how you would even get there if you could be bothered without the aid of a time machine to take you back to the 70s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All direct trains and most are less than 2 hours bar Swansea and boro
  • Options
    All direct trains and most are less than 2 hours bar Swansea and boro
    Swansea & Boro trains take longer because they have to take you back to the 70's :smile:
  • Options
    West London three, Cardiff (can visit my niece and her family), and after that it’ll depend on family commitments. Fancy Leeds, West Brom and Derby. 
  • Options
    Fancy going to Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol C, Brentford (by boat) & the toolbox to finally see us win there (hopefully). Will do others at end of season if anything to play for
  • Options
    Just back from a weekend in Cardiff - would definitely recommend staying the over after our match if you fancy a big night out, absolute carnage.  
  • Options
    Leeds is a cracking away day.

Vowed never to do Huddersfield away after we beat them 1-0 (Harriott). Coldest place I’ve ever been.

I remember shivering my arse off hungover for 87 mins clinging on to the 1-0. Never been so relieved to hear the final whistle.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Fancy going to Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol C, Brentford (by boat) & the toolbox to finally see us win there (hopefully). Will do others at end of season if anything to play for
    Understand Brentford but the other three could take days mate.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Leeds is a cracking away day.

Vowed never to do Huddersfield away after we beat them 1-0 (Harriott). Coldest place I’ve ever been.

I remember shivering my arse off hungover for 87 mins clinging on to the 1-0. Never been so relieved to hear the final whistle.
    Had a very similar experience when we beat them 1-0 in the cup, Simon Church the scorer. Also managed to accidentally find ourselves amongst the entire Huddersfield Youth lot when we stopped for a pint in a working mens' club in town. Not a game I'll be in a mad rush to get a ticket for.
  • Options
    huddersfield, cardiff, barnsley are on the bin list done all of them a few times and no interest in going back 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Just back from a weekend in Cardiff - would definitely recommend staying the over after our match if you fancy a big night out, absolute carnage.  
    This!
    Win or lose.............on the booze :smiley:

Bestie lives in the Bay, will be there in November to start my 50th celebrations. Hoping the football gods will be smiling down on the fixture list!