Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live Promotion Special - PODCAST OUT - highlights, Bowyer, Bauer, Purrington, Cullen

edited May 2019 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

We're coming on air live at 4pm this afternoon - or you can catch the podcast after the show. We'll hear the highlights of yesterday's famous win at Wembley Stadium and also speak with manager Lee Bowyer, goal scorers Ben Purrington and Patrick Bauer, plus midfielder Josh Cullen. Make sure you join us for what should be a special show.

Contact the studio - 

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive 
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• Options
    Can’t wait 
  • Options
    Won't be able to listen live unfortunately. Any idea what time the podcast will be available?
  • Options
    It’s normally within an hour after the show finishing, Louis is quick turning it around.
  • Options
     :)  cheers
  • Options
    Bump - coming on shortly. 
  • Options
    Twist and Shout  B)
  • Options
    Three words:

Bee
    Ef
    Gee
  • Options
    Louis the atmosphere yesterday was on another level, the best Charlton atmosphere I’ve heard, the green man pub was pretty tasty beforehand as well!
  • Options
    From the commentary - “We’ve done it, Tel!” Summed it up perfectly. Some fantastic skills brought us the 2 goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff this season Louis and the team. brilliant show. 
  • Options
    So good I had to listen to it twice. Got a bit emotional listening back to the commentary too.
  • Options
    Fantastic shows Louis et al.  Enjoy your holidays...
  • Options
    Cheers all 
  • Options
    Listen to it religiously. Kinda got to me when you hear everyone tear up at the goal.
  • Options
    Louis, thankyou to you and the team for all the shows you’ve done this season, really enjoyed the promotion special podcast, (would highly recommend if you haven’t listened to it yet).

Only question I’ve got is, are you and the team out of contract, or will you be back next season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just listened to the Podcast whilst sitting on an exercise bike in Riyadh for an hour and a half! The sweat dripping down my face and into my eyes was the perfect cover for my emotion and tears of joy (again)!

Great work by Louis and the team, thank you. Whilst Terry and Greg's commentary is simply the stuff that awards are made of! Bloody incredible and a big thanks to you all. 
  • Options
    I blubbed again at the “we’ve done it Tel”. Marvellous stuff. 
  • Options
    Brilliant show loved the commentary summed up how most of us there must have felt. Thanks for all your efforts this year.
  • Options
    Well done to @LouisMend and the lads for another great seasons. You made alot of mornings more bearable on the way to work.

Also thanks for the 3 points the other night at the Charlton v Homophobia tournament ;)
  • Options
    Brilliant show loved the commentary summed up how most of us there must have felt. Thanks for all your efforts this year.
    Quite often, commentary on TV and radio is merely functional: you're told where the ball is, who's got it, what they're doing etc. with the occasional bit of comment.

Sometimes the commentator is able to capture the excitement of the situation but it's normally from a neutral perspective. Even a British club/nation against Johnny Foreigner doesn't get them too worked up.

Local radio commentators are generally catering for a more parochial audience and can get a bit more carried away but, even then, tend to keep it toned down a bit. Radio London's Phil Parry and Nick Godwin can get a bit more partisan but there's still something missing.

Valley Pass, however, gives you that bit more: the emotion of being a Charlton fan. (Mind you, the other Radio London chap who you sometimes hear commentate on our goals gives it a good go ;) )

You could hear the pain as the Grand Old Man Of Charlton, @KillersBeard, shouted "No! No! NO!" as BeckenSarr's back-pass slipped past Dillon, the relief of the equaliser ("Come on!"), and as for the winner ... well, the quote from a famous footballing Scot - "Football! Bloody hell!" - doesn't do it justice. @StubleyAddick's "we've done it Tel" sounded like a young boy looking up to his dad with pride. In four little words Greg articulated how we all felt. And no wonder we all keep blarring whenever we hear it.

Sunday's finale sits alongside Mark Mansfield and Paddy Powell from 21 years ago as an iconic bit of Charlton audio.

This is Charlton.
  • Options
    Quite often, commentary on TV and radio is merely functional: you're told where the ball is, who's got it, what they're doing etc. with the occasional bit of comment.

Sometimes the commentator is able to capture the excitement of the situation but it's normally from a neutral perspective. Even a British club/nation against Johnny Foreigner doesn't get them too worked up.

Local radio commentators are generally catering for a more parochial audience and can get a bit more carried away but, even then, tend to keep it toned down a bit. Radio London's Phil Parry and Nick Godwin can get a bit more partisan but there's still something missing.

Valley Pass, however, gives you that bit more: the emotion of being a Charlton fan. (Mind you, the other Radio London chap who you sometimes hear commentate on our goals gives it a good go ;) )

You could hear the pain as the Grand Old Man Of Charlton, @KillersBeard, shouted "No! No! NO!" as BeckenSarr's back-pass slipped past Dillon, the relief of the equaliser ("Come on!"), and as for the winner ... well, the quote from a famous footballing Scot - "Football! Bloody hell!" - doesn't do it justice. @StubleyAddick's "we've done it Tel" sounded like a young boy looking up to his dad with pride. In four little words Greg articulated how we all felt. And no wonder we all keep blarring whenever we hear it.

Sunday's finale sits alongside Mark Mansfield and Paddy Powell from 21 years ago as an iconic bit of Charlton audio.

This is Charlton.
    To be compared to what Mark and Paddy did 21 years ago is the ultimate compliment.

We can’t thank you enough for your words.
  • Options
    Great listen, thanks. I have listened to nearly all the podcasts this season.