Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come Back!

Comments

• SE7toSG3 said:
    I don't find it funny at all, I think its awful, people are clearly still struggling with a shit owner versus a manager and playing staff they can relate to.

Point scoring or taking some moral high point doesn't help at all, go if you want and stay away if you want, its a personal choice. Going to Wembley didn't make anyone a glory hunter in the same way as missing Burton mid-week didn't make you a part timer. Everyone was entitled to Sunday, we had all f@*cking earn't it after years of bollocks.   

With the exception of a few obvious exceptions, you wouldn't be on here if you weren't Charlton      
    Wasn't this the whole point of attending games but wearing black and white? 
  • edited May 2019
    It was Martin your right, sadly that dwindled and we are left with what we have now, if people want to go they should go, if they wear black and white then even better but equally if people feel they cant bring themselves to buy season tickets and only go away that makes them as important a part of 'Lees journey' as anyone else to my mind.    
  • edited May 2019
    SE7toSG3 said:
    It was Martin your right, sadly that dwindled and we are left with what we have now, if people want to go they should go, if they wear black and white then even better but equally if people feel they cant bring themselves to buy season tickets and only go away that makes them as important a part of 'Lees journey' as anyone else to my mind.    
    Agreed, I feel those wanting to support the team but not the regime which in effect is 99% of the fan base but those in a dilemma over whether to return should consider the black and white campaign. Maybe it needs a relaunch? 
  • Stig said:
    Croydon said:
    I've never done a full boycott as I picked and chose certain matches each season. I ended that last year and got a ST again and I was rewarded with the most enjoyable season I've ever had supporting Charlton, all capped off with a great day out at Wembley. I renewed mine before the playoffs as I knew I'd be back regardless.

I do find it funny how some on here can be so anti going back, yet were all so quick to turn up at Wembley. Boycotting when it suits isn't really boycotting at all. 
    I've never done a full boycott as I picked and chose certain matches each season; I picked all the home games to boycott and as many aways as possible to attend. It's great that Charlton got to Wembley again this year, but we aren't quite at the point where we are so regular there that we call it home.

I do find it funny how some people can be so quick to criticise others for attending Wembley, but not for attending Accrington, Bradford, Doncaster, Rochdale... 
    Tbf he didn't crticise. He just pointed out a contradiction.
  • sodoff07 said:
    We got this promotion without the help of those who chose to boycott for whatever reason.
    As we did it without you then you may as well stay away and leave it to us that really supported the team throughout plus all the new supporters that will be pleased to come along.
    your boycotting would deter any would be buyer due to lack of gate receipts.
    A wum or clueless.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    This thread is getting ridiculous. 
    If you want to boycott then boycott. 
    If you want to buy a season ticket buy one. 
    I've been through all this shall I attend or shall I boycott bollox before when we went to sellhurst park.
    At the end of the day we are all Charlton supporters there is no right or wrong way .
    Just do whatever you feel is right. 
    COYR. 
    This 100% well said
    Cheers 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    :Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Its a tough decision that's getting tougher I guess.

A couple of years ago I ebbed and flowed between renewing or not, ultimately I renewed and that was in part down to my daughters being so keen on going but I'd probably have come to that conclusion anyway. I'm glad I did. Life can be very cruel and very short, no one knows what's around the corner, so i'm glad to have been part of this season and to an extent the last, i've mostly been to the home games but a few aways as well including Doncaster.

I admire the boycotters, even more so now, but my own conclusion is (rightly or wrongly) that to RD it makes little difference, he'll sell players to make up for the losses regardless, if he could sell two Lookmans a year and make a profit he would, he wouldn't only sell one to break even, he won't not do so just because there are a few thousand more in the ground every week. Had we off been getting gates of 20,000 each week he'd have still have sold Grant to narrow the loss despite the extra income.
    It isn't just about denying Duchatelet the money, although that is a very, very small aspect of it. For me, and many others, I think, it's a matter of principle. Fans who understand that under Duchatelet we are only one step away from chaos and want to do something, anything, to try to show that we won't just lay back and be shafted by him without some form of resistance.

I said I would boycott the Valley this season, and I did. I was at Wembley, and I loved it. I will probably go to a handful of games next season because I want to prioritise more the time I have with my son and my friends who go. But I'll never buy a season ticket while Duchatelet is still the owner, no matter if they were banging them out for £100. Conversely, the moment he goes, I'll be back with my ST, no matter if they were £1000.
    It isn't just about denying Duchatelet the money, although that is a very, very small aspect of it. For me, and many others, I think, it's a matter of principle.

The above nails it for me, why can people not grasp the above view?

• Nadou said:
    I think people need to judge things by effectiveness. If boycotting had brought Duchatelet to his knees, I would have praised it. But it hasn't and it never will. It hasn't made the blind bit of difference. It might make people feel righteous but that's all, and in the meantime life goes on all around them. It is the boycotters' right to do what they are doing but one does have to ask - so what?
    This was always my thought on the matter.
    It could never work and if I thought it could I may have also boycotted.
    If I were at work and had devised a plan that I realised could never work, I'd swiftly abandon it.
    I wouldn't continue indefinitely.

Once again, good luck to the boycotters, everyone should do what they want.
    But by God some of you have made an awful sacrifice for absolutely no positive benefit. 
    Read Davo55's post mate.

The boycott at Blackpool did not get the Oystons out, our boycott will not get the Belgian out, I know that and I imagine many others do.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PRINCIPLE.
  • Don’t know about Monday and Tuesday, but I think just under 400 season tickets were sold Wed - Thur. 
    the breakfast is on @clb74 do you fancy coming along?
  • Here are the most recent ST prices in The Championship. I believe for 17-18. It appears at current early bird rates, CAFC would be well on the low-end. Makes me think the moment Roland can pull the plug on them and bump em up 30-40%, he will. FYI.

Far be it from me to defend Roland, but as far as I know ticket pricing has never been unreasonable under his ownership.
    Apart from raising the over 60 concession to 65 just as I was about to turn 60.
    Let it go mate - that was 25 years ago. 
    Lol
  • edited May 2019
    Nadou said:
    I think people need to judge things by effectiveness. If boycotting had brought Duchatelet to his knees, I would have praised it. But it hasn't and it never will. It hasn't made the blind bit of difference. It might make people feel righteous but that's all, and in the meantime life goes on all around them. It is the boycotters' right to do what they are doing but one does have to ask - so what?
    If I were at work and had devised a plan that I realised could never work, I'd swiftly abandon it.

But by God some of you have made an awful sacrifice for absolutely no positive benefit. 
    Read Davo55's post mate.

The boycott at Blackpool did not get the Oystons out, our boycott will not get the Belgian out, I know that and I imagine many others do.

It is for you but everyone is an individual and has their own reason.

Greenie for instance says he'll return if RD invests in decent players.

Some find it easier to boycott when we play Rochdale, than when for example we play Fulham, Millwall or Derby.

Everyone's different and quite right too.

I just get fed up with all the negative people forever whinging, sorry.

I just wish we had more supporters with a positive Lee Bowyer type attitude.

What great support we had home & away to Donny and at Wembley.

How good would it be if we had great support every game ? 
  • sodoff07 said:
    We got this promotion without the help of those who chose to boycott for whatever reason.
    As we did it without you then you may as well stay away and leave it to us that really supported the team throughout plus all the new supporters that will be pleased to come along.
    your boycotting would deter any would be buyer due to lack of gate receipts.

Is this Clem Snide?
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Agreed, I feel those wanting to support the team but not the regime which in effect is 99% of the fan base but those in a dilemma over whether to return should consider the black and white campaign. Maybe it needs a relaunch? 
    You can't support the team without the regime
  • Nadou said:

Read Davo55's post mate.

Some find it easier to boycott when we play Rochdale, than when for example we play Fulham, Millwall or Derby.

Who's negative and who's whinging? Does it change depending on your perspective?
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    We'll have to disagree on that then. 25k at The Valley and 38+k at Wembley and I still saw some of our fans wearing black and white fair play to them. That to me is supporting the team not the regime.
  • clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    We'll have to disagree on that then. 25k at The Valley and 38+k at Wembley and I still saw some of our fans wearing black and white fair play to them. That to me is supporting the team not the regime.
    How much money did the play offs put in Rolands pocket £500.000?
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    How much money did the play offs put in Rolands pocket £500.000?
    No idea but £500k to RD is loose change.
  • Stig said:
    Nadou said:

Read Davo55's post mate.

Who's negative and who's whinging? Does it change depending on your perspective?
    They'll be a lot of whinging if bowyer doesn't  sign a contract 
  • Don’t know about Monday and Tuesday, but I think just under 400 season tickets were sold Wed - Thur. 
    Looks like another 250 were done Fri-Sat. 

Approx 58% sold since Wed have been in the North. Bit of an assumption to make but suggests a bit of take up in the younger element from tail end of season / Wembley. 
  • The benefit of Charlton is a lot more important then a minor benefit to the owner of the club.

If it wasn't for CARD and the protests, then KM would still be here. We would have a 3rd tier Belgian head coach and our squad would be full of Sunday league esque players and youth academy products spread around like the valley is simply just a life killing virus.

The players manager and coaches will need a stadium that is full of our fans and has a good positive atmosphere.
    The club needs us to continue to get behind them.

The players know we are great and they know the owner is a twat and should be selling the club soon. 

For the greater good. If you want a season ticket.

Then just get yourself one.
  • Dave2l said:&
    The benefit of Charlton is a lot more important then a minor benefit to the owner of the club.

If it wasn't for CARD and the protests, then KM would still be here. We would have a 3rd tier Belgian head coach and our squad would be full of Sunday league esque players and youth academy products spread around like the valley is simply just a life killing virus.

The players manager and coaches will need a stadium that is full of our fans and has a good positive atmosphere.
    The club needs us to continue to get behind them.

The players know we are great and they know the owner is a twat and should be selling the club soon. 

For the greater good. If you want a season ticket.

Then just get yourself one.
    Agree with most of that, apart from "for the greater good ".

Someone could equally say "for the greater good dont get a season ticket". But that would be telling g others what to do, and I dont do that.
  • I'm certain that I read that last year the credit card companies only released the season ticket money to the club on a match by match basis. That is the reason I renewed. Can anybody confirm that this is correct and if it applies again this season.
  • BDLBDL
    edited June 2019
    There is no right and no wrong here, it's down to individuals to decide what they do, it always has been. Personally, I wish I'd seen more games last season, my own choice though.

I'll hopefully be attending more matches next season (please be kind fixtures computer) but I won't be buying a season ticket for the Valley.

Bowyer has managed to do something that hasn't been done by any other manager appointed under the Duchatelet regime, thats why I will be back.

• LeeValley said:
    I'm certain that I read that last year the credit card companies only released the season ticket money to the club on a match by match basis. That is the reason I renewed. Can anybody confirm that this is correct and if it applies again this season.
    I’m an accountant and whilst I haven’t looked up the precise IFRS standard, I would be pretty confident that the revenue is recognised   over the course of the season (I.e. each game is a separate performance obligation).

What he is getting all up front is the cash, which is what will matter to him most. The revenue will be deferred and then released to the P&L over the season.