Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come Back!

Comments

• Options
    The thing is everyone think it’s great being busy and full but everyone’s would soon get annoyed at having to q for the toilets and bar etc 
  • Options
    I understand why people still boycott But if you believe we would now be in the championship if  our fans hadnt come out in vast numbers to inspire since the Luton home game then you are totally wrong.
    We were dead and buried at 3-1 down to Donny but the crowd sucked the ball into the goal for the second goal from Pratley.
    Lets hope the new owner doesn't come from a country where they stone gay people or a hedge fund manager like Coventry.

How high or low is the bar set for the new owner.
    I know Duchatelet is as mad as a bag of frogs and  I hope his tenure ends soon but will you boycotters come back whoever the new owners are ?
  • Options
    How many boycotters do we roughly have?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    The problem, it seems to me, is that there are two distinct versions of Charlton at the moment. Charlton as owned by Duchatelet, and the Charlton now owned by Bowyer and his team and the supporters. There is a huge disconnect between the two, they are incompatible with each other, and I really want to support one but not the other.
    I haven’t worked out quite how to do that yet. And I fully see both sides of the argument.
    Why not come to the games but wear black and white therefore giving your support to the team but still visibly showing your discontent to RD? Even just a black and white scarf would do.

My next point isn't aimed at you but in general, we can still push on the black and white campaign without taking away support for the team, after all that was the whole point of the spell it out in black and white campaign wasn't it? To show you support the team but not the regime?
  • Options
    Boycott stays in place, wouldn’t be buying a season ticket anyway, child care means midweek games are a no no and my 5 year old isn’t interested, no matter the bribes.

hopefully the takeover goes through and I’ll be trying to go to more games on a Saturday, and then as childcare arrangements change, and hopefully the youngest gets interested a ST is possible.

Roland’s ownership and having kids was a perfect storm to break the habit of going 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Boycott stays in place, wouldn’t be buying a season ticket anyway, child care means midweek games are a no no and my 5 year old isn’t interested, no matter the bribes.

hopefully the takeover goes through and I’ll be trying to go to more games on a Saturday, and then as childcare arrangements change, and hopefully the youngest gets interested a ST is possible.

Roland’s ownership and having kids was a perfect storm to break the habit of going 
    I wouldn’t personally call it a boycott, but I respect your honesty
  • Options
    If this team have to play in a half empty stadium next year,it will be an insult to Bowyer and his staff,how can anybody witness what has happened recently and still  stay away.Has there ever been a better fan-player relationship than there is now,I just cannot understand staying away on principle,this club ,regardless of ownership,is really on the verge of something good.
    Many will stay away because we didn’t stop going because of poor performances or results. Every Saturday, you’ll see on CL how many of us are hurt by not going and instead relying on the superb commentary from some of the lads here. It’s not an insult to Bowyer or any of his staff if we decide not to purchase season tickets again next season. Bowyer knows exactly why we won’t and he is someone that respects that! 
    Don't kid yourself, he has made it clear that his mission has been to bring the fans and the team together again and stated yesterday that it was all about people forgetting their differences and coming back together. 
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    sodoff07 said:
    We got this promotion without the help of those who chose to boycott for whatever reason.
    As we did it without you then you may as well stay away and leave it to us that really supported the team throughout plus all the new supporters that will be pleased to come along.
    your boycotting would deter any would be buyer due to lack of gate receipts.
    Nice of you to take time off from getting your PhD in Philosophy to eventually comment on this forum.

I did go to Wembley yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself. However my boycott of the Valley remains until the Rat goes.
    Glad you got home safely. You forgot to buy me that pint by the way!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

The play offs were the only games I attended this season, and the Portsmouth 25 years game the only one the previous season. I’ve spent zero on the club, no kits for the kids, no Junior Reds memberships etc etc, it’s been painful as the want to go has been there. 

Life has changed as well, and that’s a major contributor to not going, but it’s not the reason why when I’ve had the chances to go, I’ve decided it’s best not to go
  • Options
    RDG said:
    Wore my black and white scarf yesterday because I wanted to show my continued opposition to the regime. Unfortunately the meaning was rather lost on a number of Sunderland fans, whose tone suggested they thought I was being needlessly provocative towards them!

I also had my black and white scarf, had the same issue with Sunderland fans, sad more people did not support Black & White, will not be buying season ticket till he has gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knowing my luck, if I'd have worn my black and white scarf yesterday I'd have got jumped on Wembley Way by a Cardiff City fan.
  • Options
    The thing is, does Roland really understand how this success has happened? Does he recognise by his undeserving luck and good fortune, and hard work on the part of others that a winning combination has been formed and forged at the club? And most importantly, does he understand how to give that success a proper fighting chance of being repeated going forward into next season? Nothing is certain, least of all football success, but do any of us think he now knows what mistakes NOT to make?
    Finally, one of the hardest things, as a successful businessman elsewhere, must probably be recognising and acknowledging that you, as an individual, are in fact the toxic part of the brand to your ‘customers’.
    A true visionary might just spot that. And take the appropriate steps to remove themselves, rather than blame the ‘customers’ and call them names.
    An arrogant fool won’t understand that.
    Which one is Roland?

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

The play offs were the only games I attended this season, and the Portsmouth 25 years game the only one the previous season. I’ve spent zero on the club, no kits for the kids, no Junior Reds memberships etc etc, it’s been painful as the want to go has been there. 

Life has changed as well, and that’s a major contributor to not going, but it’s not the reason why when I’ve had the chances to go, I’ve decided it’s best not to go
    I thought you sat a few rows behind me at the £5 game? Apologies if I’m mistaken (and I wasn’t digging you btw)
  • Options
    I was very much in the not a penny more camp and despise the Belgian, my last home game was Millwall away under Robinson. I just think that what Bowyer has done is nothing short of a miracle. He had the rug  pulled again in the Jan window and we still finished as the form team in the division. I was seriously wavering after watching both the semi-final legs, and the pitch invasion after Donny just made me realise how much I missed it. I got a ticket for the final and went with my usual group of friends. I stood in Wembley, looked round at thought you know what life is just too short. I boycotted because I felt completely and utterly dis-connected with the club, I had been a season ticket holder for 20+ years but felt if the owner does not give a monkeys why should I. We now have a manager and staff that do give a monkeys and a team who care. I can get behind that, and I have done, just bought a season ticket for next year, and I cannot wait COYR!!!!
    is that u wozza??? love it, he's back!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yes mate, yesterday was one of the great days hopefully there is many more to come COYR!!!!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Going by yesterdays attendance not far off 30k.
  • Options
    Yes mate, yesterday was one of the great days hopefully there is many more to come COYR!!!!
    good man - don't want to make u feel old but you had a season ticket for over 30 years, not 20!!!!! Great to have u back - COYR!!!!!

• Options
    clb74 said:
    6 the rest is purely a mixture of other things , league 1 football , Cost , Family obligations , moved far away ( but pretending to boycott bloody rascals)etc although we can now discount league 1 football .
  • Options
    It’s a hugely tough call. 
    My Brother-in-Law has kept attending through the “boycott years” whereas I refused to give a penny more. There was some half-relent when at Christmas the family clubbed together to get my youngest a half-season as he really wanted to go and not going was almost a punishment. 
    I was persuaded to go to the last couple of games of the season - on the premise that I might regret not seeing this team play. Having been to those games I would definitely have regretted it - and I would have regretted not going to the home leg of the semis and to Wembley yesterday.  
    I had to renew the season ticket of No. 2 son - and I decided I would come back. 
    I’ve missed it. I can’t protest by boycott any more but have to shout from the stands, and the pull of the atmosphere of live football is too much to resist. 
    I think in all honesty we have to do what we feel is right for us. Boycotting is not wrong and neither is attending - we are all pretty much united in wanting Roland Out, although there are a very small minority who have no issue with him - but it takes all sorts I guess. 
    We just have to keep on doing what we feel is the right thing. I’m hoping and praying that contracts are renewed and that the Belgian Branleur sells up and gets lost as soon as possible. It’s going to be a tough season now we’re up and without Roland it will be a heck of a lot easier. 
    Just sell the club and f*** off.