Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come Back!

Comments

• Options
    What's the battlecry if bowyer and half the team leaves.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    What's the battlecry if bowyer and half the team leaves.

RUN AWAY!!
  • Options
    Yes I wholeheartedly agree,and proud to be part of it
  • Options
    I'd advise fans to beware how it'll look to the rest of the League

Doncaster and Wembley we sold out; Blackpool fans are already questioning the boycott

If fans stay away again when we're doing badly yet then have a sudden run to the Play-Offs (with another similar outcome) I imagine fans of other clubs (even the League) becoming rather unsympathetic towards the cause and it'll slowly look as though our fan base is nothing more than 8,000 with the rest being fair weather supporters rather than boycotters who only come along when we're doing well
    Blackpool fans decided on and promoted a boycott, which is something we have never done. Fair play to them and to anyone who is boycotting, but it really is not the same thing.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Doncaster and Wembley we sold out; Blackpool fans are already questioning the boycott

If fans stay away again when we're doing badly yet then have a sudden run to the Play-Offs (with another similar outcome) I imagine fans of other clubs (even the League) becoming rather unsympathetic towards the cause and it'll slowly look as though our fan base is nothing more than 8,000 with the rest being fair weather supporters rather than boycotters who only come along when we're doing well
    Blackpool fans decided on and promoted a boycott, which is something we have never done. Fair play to them and to anyone who is boycotting, but it really is not the same thing.
    still ended up with nearky 16000 fans against southend 2 months ago.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Redrobo said:

still ended up with nearky 16000 fans against southend 2 months ago.
    Yeah that was after the Oystons had gone so Blackpool Supporters announced that the boycott was over
  • Options
    Deuxshitalot needs to leave. But even if he hasn’t and we have Bowyer, JJ and Gallen signed up I might reluctantly consider buying season tickets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    For those that say #notapennymore, IF it is true that Roland puts £1m a month into the running of the club, I can assure you that buying a season ticket will not force him to stay longer and will not swell his coffers at all.

Bowyer and the Boys (good name for a band) need you more than Roland needs your money, and I think yesterday, and indeed the last month, have shown what a team and a family we have here together, regardless of who's owning us. 

He does his best to ignore us and the team and tries not to acknowledge us, let's reciprocate, get a season ticket and roar on the team, they and Bowyer deserve as much support as we can muster IMO

Will probably be the best post on this thread by a mile.
    Well said.
  • Options
    It's brilliant that Bowyer, Jacko, Gallen & Marshall have built a team and togetherness so quickly.
    And it's incredible that they have done this DESPITE Roland.

What if he doesn't sell ..... but finally acts responsibly as an owner, properly backing the manager and allowing the management team to fulfill their potential?

Pigs may fly, of course.

But would that make any difference to people's choosing to buy season tickets or not?

• Options
    Was wavering last night.

Hope a takeover solves my dilemma
    Me too.
  • Options
    The Belgian is

A shit stain on a Persil white pair of y-fronts of a season...

An Austin Allegro lined up next to a Mercedes on pole driven by Lewis Hamilton...

A clueless classless deluded prick next to every man jack in our wonderful squad of players and management...

When the Belgian twat fucks off I buy a season ticket, end of.
  • Options

Sorry, but that's just a ridiculous post. Who on earth cares "how it'll look to the rest of the league"?

You think people are boycotting or not buying season tickets just to look good? 

Amazed.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Off_it said:

Sorry, but that's just a ridiculous post. Who on earth cares "how it'll look to the rest of the league"?

Amazed.
    Of course not... but you expect the EFL to listen to fans that turn up to their HQ in the future when they say they're staying away one moment and turning up in their droves the next?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Off_it said:

Amazed.
    Of course not... but you expect the EFL to listen to fans that turn up to their HQ in the future when they say they're staying away one moment and turning up in their droves the next?
    Too late, there were 40000 us yesterday. 

I've stayed away long enough, I miss the football and tbh if roland is down 2mil on ticket sales he'll just make it up by flogging players. 

He didn't want us promoted so wont think twice about taking us down again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    3blokes said:
    The problem, it seems to me, is that there are two distinct versions of Charlton at the moment. Charlton as owned by Duchatelet, and the Charlton now owned by Bowyer and his team and the supporters. There is a huge disconnect between the two, they are incompatible with each other, and I really want to support one but not the other.
    I haven’t worked out quite how to do that yet. And I fully see both sides of the argument.

I think that is a very insightful post @3blokes

I suppose many people after the last fortnight  now have to decide whether they want to provide support to the later on a regular basis or whether they only want to participate in big games when the team is doing well. Very much hope we see more of a fuller Valley roaring the team on. 

• Options
    If this team have to play in a half empty stadium next year,it will be an insult to Bowyer and his staff,how can anybody witness what has happened recently and still  stay away.Has there ever been a better fan-player relationship than there is now,I just cannot understand staying away on principle,this club ,regardless of ownership,is really on the verge of something good.
    Many will stay away because we didn’t stop going because of poor performances or results. Every Saturday, you’ll see on CL how many of us are hurt by not going and instead relying on the superb commentary from some of the lads here. It’s not an insult to Bowyer or any of his staff if we decide not to purchase season tickets again next season. Bowyer knows exactly why we won’t and he is someone that respects that! 
  • Options
    Not had a season ticket since my eldest was born Nov 2010

my kids do stuff on Saturdays which means running them around so I couldn’t go even if wanted to. 

I will claim an ‘in spirit ‘ boycott but really just circumstances. 
  • Options
    I'm expecting 10000+ season ticket holders next season.
    I decided after January I won't be one of them.
  • Options
    Its a tough decision that's getting tougher I guess.

A couple of years ago I ebbed and flowed between renewing or not, ultimately I renewed and that was in part down to my daughters being so keen on going but I'd probably have come to that conclusion anyway. I'm glad I did. Life can be very cruel and very short, no one knows what's around the corner, so i'm glad to have been part of this season and to an extent the last, i've mostly been to the home games but a few aways as well including Doncaster.

I admire the boycotters, even more so now, but my own conclusion is (rightly or wrongly) that to RD it makes little difference, he'll sell players to make up for the losses regardless, if he could sell two Lookmans a year and make a profit he would, he wouldn't only sell one to break even, he won't not do so just because there are a few thousand more in the ground every week. Had we off been getting gates of 20,000 each week he'd have still have sold Grant to narrow the loss despite the extra income.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Spot on
    He gave two shits when we were in1/4 final and in champs so that won't change. 

Playing home games in front of 4 thousand would change it, who would want to play for us? 
  • Options
    I'd be amazed if we don't get at least 11-12k season ticket holders next season. The play offs will have inspired some lapsed fans to return and maybe even new ones who enjoyed their day out yesterday. Add that to 2k (this is a guess, i'm sure Airman can predict better) walk ups for games plus a number of away sides selling out the away end and we'll easily have over 16-17k for most games.