Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shelvey

Rumoured to be leaving Newcastle,would anyone want him back,of course wages might be a problem

Comments

• If he wasnt to go to another Premier League side I'd be amazed actually

Even if it were somewhere like Brighton | Burnley or even the likes of Norwich or Sheffield United who have come up
  • Not a chance he's going to a (likely) bottom half championship side.

He earns 80k a week!
  • I much prefer this board without him
  • 14 goals and 21 assists in 187 PL games. That total of 35 is almost identical to the number of red and yellow cards he's received (33).

So roughly speaking every half a dozen games he gets a card or is involved in a goal. He's also not known for his engine or clean tackling.

Doesn't exactly jump off the page.
  • I'd have him back tomorrow 

Not going to happen in a million years but I'd have him back

Then again I'd still be picking Beckham and Owen for England 
  • going west ham 
  • He's on the brink of the England squad.  He won't be coming to a newly promoted Championship side*.

*Typing that last bit felt good!!!!

• He's on the brink of the England squad.  He won't be coming to a newly promoted Championship side*.

*Typing that last bit felt good!!!!

Brink of the England squad ? He can't even nail down a place in the Newcastle team . He's a million miles away from the England squad thankfully. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nah I reckon Jonjo is done with England whilst Southgate is in charge

Just doesnt fit into Gareth's system
  • If he can still learn, Bowyer would make a good teacher. That said, I can't imagine we'd ever be able to afford him and I'm sure that if we can't get Cullen or Bielek back there are other young hungry midfielders that Gallen can find and Bowyer can improve. 
  • Shelvy to West Ham is his obvious next move. They pay well for a mid table Premier team and if that means Josh Cullen could stay one more season on loan before he replaces Noble or any other foreign midfielders then great.
    Not sure if Cullen is ready for regular starter in Premier after good season in League 1.
    That is a massive jump.
  • Gareth Bale is available as well....
  • Gareth Bale is available as well....
    Good shout Ricky,
    From Simon Church to Jonny Williams to Gareth Bale.
    In fact Gareth Bale could afford to buy us and be the first owner/player.
  • Unfortunately for Shelvey, England are producing more and more creative midfielders who are far better athletes than he is. The national team aren't going to accommodate his lack of pace and reckless tackling in return for 1 game out of 5 when he looks like Pirlo.